Corolla reliable?

ussmc

Hi, I’m new to this forum, and I'm considering buying a Corolla - late 90’s model. I was told they’re reliable, are they? (Doesn't cost much $$$$$ to maintain)

Do their engines temperatures stay in the middle or does it go up and down?

Edited by ussmc

I've had two rollas, a early 90's and now a early 00's.

Both are excellent cars. Reliable yes ,maintenance well priced, they are made by Toyota so good quality.

reliability is a factor of maintenance and care of use, so no doubt some people will have had problems.

whitestivo

Hi, I’m new to this forum, and I'm considering buying a Corolla - late 90’s model. I was told they’re reliable, are they? (Doesn't cost much $$$$$ to maintain)

i have had 3 ae82, 4age engine version..so much fun and very reliable, although they are not late 90's. i work on alot of toyotas and they are very good cars.

What about the engine temperature. Does it go up and down or stays in the middle?

What do you guys think of 2000 TOYOTA COROLLA ASCENT

http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/search/v...p;vehicleType=1

it depends on alot of things, how hard you drive it, the condition of the engine and cooling system, the weather..mine in winter usually stays a bit below middle, in summer it generally hovers around the middle and rises up a little bit in traffic.

I've seen merc, bmw, audi, ford and holdens (tons of those especially, and a lot of other cars broken down on the side of the road

but I dont think I've spotted any Toyota so far...

*fingers crossed*

Corolla and reliable... need I say more... :D

It's the most reliable car around there is :)

This should explain it :P

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

:lol: top video

Hi, I’m new to this forum, and I'm considering buying a Corolla - late 90’s model. I was told they’re reliable, are they? (Doesn't cost much $$$ to maintain)

Might help if you said something more specifc than "late 90s" AE102? AE112? ZZE112? ZZE122? Depends on the country too

Might help if you said something more specifc than "late 90s" AE102? AE112? ZZE112? ZZE122? Depends on the country too

Whatever Melbourne dealers are selling. I want to trade my 1997 Holden Calibra V6.

So what do you think of the 2000 TOYOTA COROLLA ASCENT -http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/search/v...p;vehicleType=1

Do you know what its normal engine temperature? Reason why I'm asking is because my Calibra's normal engine temperature goes up to 100 degrees, that's just a quarter away from overheating. I have to be always alert on the temperature of that car. :angry: :( :angry: recently it went over it. :angry::help:

Depends on the country too

Not sure what you mean? Are some Corollas imported?

Is the 2000 TOYOTA COROLLA ASCENT imported?

Apologies for this dumb question.

I meant what country are you in, as your Location field in your profile is empty. Corolla models vary all around the world, so what we say about a locally sold AE112 could be completely irrelevant for one sold in Romania, for instance.

Since we now know that you're in Australia, it simplifies things.

As a guide, all Corollas up until the AE112 (ie KE10-AE102) were made in Australia. From the AE112 to the ZRE152 (current model), they are imported, either from Japan or South Africa, depending on the model.

Yes, corolla's are reliable... we have taken a AE92 corolla on potted gravel roads, sandy places. Places where 4WD ususally go and well that corolla has handled it.... Even getting thrashed every *** darn day...... even having a flame thrower on the back of it..... they are bloody reliable ill tell u that now...