Where to for Audio Installs in Perth?

Jaaassseeee

Hey everyone,

I've just bought the new JVC KW-AX810 Double Din DVD player for my car. Does anyone know where to get a cheap & reliable install in Perth? Or even people know how to install and wouldn't mind spending an afternoon with me? I'll provide a case of beer and snaggers! :lol:

I've heard good things about Alberts Cannington, but I find them a tad bit expensive.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,

Jason

LOL at Strathfeild! And dont go to Car stereo city too!

I have the same screen in my car, your going to love it!

Westside car audio are very good! Osborne Park, and Cannington. I have a friend who manages the Ozzy Park store, although im not sure if he is still there. Go see a guy named Ken at Ozzy Park, or Troy at Cannington.

I hope that helps!

Hahahaha Strathfield would be the last place I'd go for installs :|

Caity, I got a friend who works at the JB hifi in Cannington and she got it for me for....let's just say...really cheap. It retails for $1099 but I got about umm...close to 35% off that. So if you want me to hook you up give me a yell :)

Alright I'll give Westside Car Audio Ozzy Park a go, wish me luck! :P

Eeeeeeeeeeeep can't wait to put in my Type X Pros >.<

Oh and one more question, do you guys know if the new headunit can utilize the steering wheel controls? If yes, what is the part called?

If I can source it from the net I'm sure it'll be cheaper, eBay FTW!

Edited by Jaaassseeee

Caity, I got a friend who works at the JB hifi in Cannington and she got it for me for....let's just say...really cheap. It retails for $1099 but I got about umm...close to 35% off that. So if you want me to hook you up give me a yell :)

Oh and one more question, do you guys know if the new headunit can utilize the steering wheel controls? If yes, what is the part called?

whip up the wiring diagram for the new rolla and then come knock on my door like u said ;)

damn... nice... JVC with that kind of price... not bad....

i just bought one of them like that from ebay for a friend... including postage cost.. around $450. but duno what the brand is... plus its sourced from hong kong.... not too bad... but yeh :)

Hey everyone,

I've just bought the new JVC KW-AX810 Double Din DVD player for my car. Does anyone know where to get a cheap & reliable install in Perth? Or even people know how to install and wouldn't mind spending an afternoon with me? I'll provide a case of beer and snaggers! :lol:

I've heard good things about Alberts Cannington, but I find them a tad bit expensive.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,

Jason

Yeah a lot of my mates go to Alberts in Cannington, they say it's really good.

What about JB-Hi Fi, they don't seem too bad anyone got any feedback?

Hahaha.. next time i buy some car audio will be sure to talk to you about it B)

And yeah tell us how it goes, good luck!

My mate does audio installs. He's mobile so he comes to you. It's his own business and he's been around for awhile. I've had experiences with JB-HiFi (shocking) and I wouldn't let anyone touch my cars except for my mate. His business is called San Diablo Custom Car Audio.

Anyways, if you want my mate Sree to install for you, give him a call and tell him Reena sent you. He'll look after you. PM me for his details. :D

Sweet, given him a call and he said he'll be around tomorrow...hopefully the price will be reasonable...and more importantly he'll do an excellent job!

Thanks for the tip!

Awesome. He knows his stuff. He's fixed a lot of dodgy installs, even from some of the "professional" places. Price-wise he's very competitive considering he comes to you. :D

Are you all from SOR?

Sweet, given him a call and he said he'll be around tomorrow...hopefully the price will be reasonable...and more importantly he'll do an excellent job!

Thanks for the tip!

Awesome. He knows his stuff. He's fixed a lot of dodgy installs, even from some of the "professional" places. Price-wise he's very competitive considering he comes to you. :D

Are you all from SOR?

I'm North :)

Thanks for the tip!

Are you all from SOR?

Haha cool, coz I was beginning to think it was only Jack and myself that are NOR. B)

i recommend audio1 in beaufort street. theyre a professional car audio installer. thats where i went for my head unit install. they could be a little more expensive, but i found them trustworthy n have good customer service.

(no i dont work there) :P

*high five Reena* ;)

Edited by Jack_RollaWgn

*high five Reena* ;)

*high five Jack* B)

Hehehe. What did you get installed? I wanted to get a Double DIN screen but me no like thieves, especially since my friend's window got smashed at work the other week. :angry:

*high five Reena* ;)

*high five Jack* B)

Hehehe. What did you get installed? I wanted to get a Double DIN screen but me no like thieves, especially since my friend's window got smashed at work the other week. :angry:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...si&img=2293 ;)

Edited by Jack_RollaWgn

Thanks for the tip!

Are you all from SOR?

Haha cool, coz I was beginning to think it was only Jack and myself that are NOR. B)

North FTW :)

tocawa! next meet up north :P?

Hmmm this person doesn't seem very reliable. He told me on Friday afternoon that he can come around on Saturday and will give me a call before 12:30pm. So I sat at home waiting from 11am till 1pm. Knowing that he wasn't going to come I went out and did my own thing. He ended up calling me at 1:45pm, to which I didn't pick up as I was in the middle of doing something.

I got an email from him at about 2:30pm asking if he can come around on Sunday since he's really busy Saturday, so I replied saying yeah sure what time would he like to come over? Just give me a call when he's free.

Well it is Sunday night now and he still hasn't called or replied to my email, so I'm guessing he's not interested in my business. I was actually going to do a bit of overhaul too if he was reasonably priced and did a good job of installing and tuning my Headunit.

Anyway, I will be giving Westside Car Audio a visit tomorrow to finding out how they are.

Cheers,

Jason

Hmmm this person doesn't seem very reliable. He told me on Friday afternoon that he can come around on Saturday and will give me a call before 12:30pm. So I sat at home waiting from 11am till 1pm. Knowing that he wasn't going to come I went out and did my own thing. He ended up calling me at 1:45pm, to which I didn't pick up as I was in the middle of doing something.

I got an email from him at about 2:30pm asking if he can come around on Sunday since he's really busy Saturday, so I replied saying yeah sure what time would he like to come over? Just give me a call when he's free.

Well it is Sunday night now and he still hasn't called or replied to my email, so I'm guessing he's not interested in my business. I was actually going to do a bit of overhaul too if he was reasonably priced and did a good job of installing and tuning my Headunit.

Anyway, I will be giving Westside Car Audio a visit tomorrow to finding out how they are.

Cheers,

Jason

thanks for the analysis jasee. i was gona give this guy a call but not anymore :)

maybe we should turn this into a post where we can detail our experiences audio shops/installers in Perth..the good and the bad.

just a thought? :P opinions anyone?

anywho if u dont mind the travel. u can try West Side Morley too..The guy that manages think his name is pronounced

"Yarn" he is very knowledgable and gives quite competitive prices compared to other large franchises. got my splits n amp installed there.

Bad places: dont go Alberts morley. one of the doods that worked there is a real pr*ck, these guys dont want ur business.

cheers, my 2c

Hmmm. I'll have to talk to him. I know he's been quite busy lately. Seriously, please don't let this put you off him. He's a genuine guy and sometimes things come up.

I agree with dayve about Alberts Morley. Also JB HiFi Whitfords = big time con artists.

EDIT: Just talked to him - family situation has come up, hence he was not able to get in touch with you. He's really sorry. He's txted you to arrange a time for tomorrow.

Edited by nchanted1