sportivo purchase

Hey everyone

I purchased a corolla sportivo recently (black with sunroof, 15k's :D ) without any rattles, suspension knocks, gearbox/clutch issues or any other problems so i am extremely happy

When asked about the recall for the ecu, cables etc he said it had been done. I was just wondering if there was a way to check?

thanks in advance

Hey everyone

I purchased a corolla sportivo recently (black with sunroof, 15k's :D ) without any rattles, suspension knocks, gearbox/clutch issues or any other problems so i am extremely happy

When asked about the recall for the ecu, cables etc he said it had been done. I was just wondering if there was a way to check?

thanks in advance

Welcome ,, and congrats on your purchase..

to check whether or not the recall items have been installed on your car:

open the drivers side door and look at where the hinge conects to the car, then look for a silver label/sticker/item... if it is there that means your ecu etc has been altered... this is how it was for cars that were already bought checked... i would asssume that it would be the same for a new dealers car...

well done again

and welcome to the wonderfull world of sportivo's

You could check the sticker........

OR!!!

You could accelerate....if a grin starts to appear at 4000 RPM....then increases at 6000 RPM to a stupid grin that Mike Tyson couldn't knock of your face, then you have the recall ;)

If you acccelerate and nothing happens at 4000 RPM and then all of a sudden your engine rips out of the front of the vehicle at 6000 RPM then it is not recalled :P

Weclome to the forums B)

Edited by Danthuyer

i had a look on the drivers side door near the hinge and there was no sticker:

Same with mine. I had the recall done but there is no sticker. I think only some here have had the sticker stuck on the inside of the door. Not all service centers know that they needed to do that or if it was compulsory.

thanks for the replies guys

i had a look on the drivers side door near the hinge and there was no sticker:(  .... i was just wondering if there was any other way to tell?

thanks again

1. Check the other door.

2. Goto Toyota and get the complete vehicle service history.

3. Check the Air Cleaner Cap (nostril inside is smaller).

4. Refer to other topics via the search feature in this forum with key words, ECU, CAP and RECALL. More information found there.

Edited by sport1vo