Side Strips

Evo7

Take off the side strips on a corolla (not sportivo), and get them painted, and reinstalled back on the car.

Or are they sprayed when still on the car?

Also, what do u use to reinstall them?

is it some sort of special glue or what?

Thanks

Evo

im not sure if it would look better or not though.... what protects the car from getting scratched?

also, i have noticed that the new model corolla hasn't got the side strip either??? <_<

If u spray them on the car make sure u cover whole car to prevent over spray, if not be careful taking them off as they can bend. Use urathane or something like that to re-attatch them. My vote do it on the car. Just make sure ur paint is a exact match. Hope that helps :D

The problem that i have heard is the door becomes louder when shutting them without these on.

Solution?

Take off your door trim and place them inside - was reading about it on 9th Gen.

The cost and effort to get them painted will be more then fixing a scratch if you get one due to not having the strips.

The problem that i have heard is the door becomes louder when shutting them without these on.

Solution?

Take off your door trim and place them inside - was reading about it on 9th Gen.

The cost and effort to get them painted will be more then fixing a scratch if you get one due to not having the strips.

yes thts correct.. it gives it a bad hollow noise on the front door especially.. (driver side from my experience but nothing i cant deal without) so yeh

and jeremy i was gna post it up neway but yeh :D hehe all goes well

I am actually getting my body moulds painted tomorrow, the guy removed them on my car today (which i was reluctant to do but I'm trusting him on this...) to get them painted with my side skirts. So now im driving around with the sticky residue left on the car haha. The guy said you can paint them while on the car but it won't be as good but can be done. I was quoted $82.5 per body mould/door which was painting while still on the car from a different smash repairer.

i was going to paint the side strips aswell, but then figured if i paint them i also have to paint the door handles too..

so what i did was i took them off to see how i liked it, if i didn't like how they looked then i could always paint them and stick them back on anyways.. but the end result was they stayed off... looks much cleaner and smooth..

the easiest way to take them off is by using some thin fishing wire and a hair dryer, but the glue is a pain to get off no matter what you use..

i was going to paint the side strips aswell, but then figured if i paint them i also have to paint the door handles too..

so what i did was i took them off to see how i liked it, if i didn't like how they looked then i could always paint them and stick them back on anyways.. but the end result was they stayed off... looks much cleaner and smooth..

the easiest way to take them off is by using some thin fishing wire and a hair dryer, but the glue is a pain to get off no matter what you use..

Yeah I was thinking about painting the door handles too but that would be too expensive, i might replace them with colour coded handles from another car at the wreckers in the future.

Yeah I was thinking about painting the door handles too but that would be too expensive, i might replace them with colour coded handles from another car at the wreckers in the future.

Yeah, well i decided that i'll leave them on cause i prefer the look of them, so don't tell me otherwise :o

Evo

Solution?

yes thts correct.. it gives it a bad hollow noise on the front door especially.. (driver side from my experience but nothing i cant deal without) so yeh

and jeremy i was gna post it up neway but yeh :D hehe all goes well

Ken, did you just pull them off then clean off the glue? My car is black so they dont look so bad but after reading this thread i think i mite take them off lol. the drivers door has a big chip in the strip which they did at the smash repairs....was not happy!! I was not sure if they were painted underneath with the same colour as the car

Simply grab one end of the strip and pull back away from the car at a 45deg angle in once nice slow motion. You are best to leave the car out in the sun on a a nice warm day to assist with the removal, as the heat will make the glue less brittle.

Once the strips are off clean the area (normal car washing technique) then use eucalyptus oil to remove any sticky bits left on the doors.

The doors look V sexy once complete. I first notice the corolla wagons in the UK with this from factory and promptly did this to my old roller when i returned back to aus. One of the eaiest ways to make the ext look sexy (thank *** the doors dont have any channels on them)

have fun :)

Simply grab one end of the strip and pull back away from the car at a 45deg angle in once nice slow motion. You are best to leave the car out in the sun on a a nice warm day to assist with the removal, as the heat will make the glue less brittle.

Once the strips are off clean the area (normal car washing technique) then use eucalyptus oil to remove any sticky bits left on the doors.

The doors look V sexy once complete. I first notice the corolla wagons in the UK with this from factory and promptly did this to my old roller when i returned back to aus. One of the eaiest ways to make the ext look sexy (thank *** the doors dont have any channels on them)

Thats very nice especially with the sideskirts on, very clean. is that condensation inside the headlight lens?

TRDYUS, I had adhesive left on the car after mine was taken off, but that was a rushed job. follow Danthuyer's method and you should be fine.

Edited by chicken

Thats very nice especially with the sideskirts on, very clean. is that condensation inside the headlight lens?

TRDYUS, I had adhesive left on the car after mine was taken off, but that was a rushed job. follow Danthuyer's method and you should be fine.

Yes it is. I don't know why its happening now. Never happened in winter.

Did this this morning!!

Slowly pulled it off starting at the pointy end for each one (4).

When i pulled them off i went slow enough to keep most of the gunk on the strip.

What was left came off beuatifully with clay ;)

Will get pictures up soon to show you what Black Facelift looks like!!