traction control

goppy

To TURN OFF TRACTION CONTROL

The Procedure below MUST be completed quickly, less than 30 Secs from my testing.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

works every time for me... ;)

The Procedure below MUST be completed quickly, less than 30 Secs from my testing.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

Does it stop the bouncing when its off? Was your traction contol light anoying you last night lol :clap:

2. Start the engine.

Thanks man how do u get it back ? Can ur trd do good burnours? and also what differnce does it MAke cause aurion is fwd<_<

Edited by goppy

it troubleshoots itself everytime you start you engine, so your setting reset theselves on every startup therefore turning it off again

oh thanks man while where talkin about turninng things off is there a way to turn off the seatbelt beeps and keep it off?

it troubleshoots itself everytime you start you engine, so your setting reset theselves on every startup therefore turning it off again

oh thanks man while where talkin about turninng things off is there a way to turn off the seatbelt beeps and keep it off?

My old man turned his off on his new hilux not long back but he jsut searched it in google and some threads come up on toyotanation.com and varios other forums. and it was a sequence simmilar to the one above...but a real stupid one tho like push the brake, open the bonnet, get the guy in the back to put his seatbelt on while you pump the accelerator, beep your horn then put you hi-beams on...somethin pretty close to that nearly :lol: i would say all the toyota alerts are the same for seatbelts so i would just do that.

My old man turned his off on his new hilux not long back but he jsut searched it in google and some threads come up on toyotanation.com and varios other forums. and it was a sequence simmilar to the one above...but a real stupid one tho like push the brake, open the bonnet, get the guy in the back to put his seatbelt on while you pump the accelerator, beep your horn then put you hi-beams on...somethin pretty close to that nearly :lol: i would say all the toyota alerts are the same for seatbelts so i would just do that.

Hahaha and it worked!!!!???? WTF???

For the Gen 6 Camry, you can disable the seat belt warning as follows:

1. Turn the ignition switch on (IG).

2. Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO".

3. Ignition switch off.

4. Turn the ignition switch on (IG).

5. Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.

6. Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt.

7. Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".

8. Press the ODO/TRIP switch to change the display to "b-oFF".

9. Ignition switch off.

10.Turn the ignition switch on (IG).

11.Check that no buzzer sounds.

Now I've tried this on my Aurion with no luck. Maybe your results may differ. If you really wanted to be creative, you could just place a tiny high powered magnet on the underside of the seat belt buckle. That should yield the same results.

Personally, I don't mind the seat belt reminder. Simple solution is to put your seat belt on. I also like the style of beep that it has. Seems classy; lol. Better than the warning on my sister's Mazda as well.

Hahaha and it worked!!!!???? WTF???

hahaha it wasnt as bad as that ^^^ but i thought so at the time because i was watching him thinking wtf IS HE DOING haha. but no it was as simple as using the brake and handbrake/footbrake as on the traction control function. and yes it worked. and also doesnt get reset on his...dont know about the aurion tho ull just have to search a bit for it

3. Ignition switch off.

5. Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.

6. Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt.

9. Ignition switch off.

see goppy no bonnet opening and sounding the horn hahah...there was many variations of the T/C sequence wasnt there DJKOR? so maybe if u have no luck with that try and find another variation

3. Ignition switch off.

9. Ignition switch off.

Now I've tried this on my Aurion with no luck. Maybe your results may differ. If you really wanted to be creative, you could just place a tiny high powered magnet on the underside of the seat belt buckle. That should yield the same results.

Personally, I don't mind the seat belt reminder. Simple solution is to put your seat belt on. I also like the style of beep that it has. Seems classy; lol. Better than the warning on my sister's Mazda as well.

Would try it but I have the push to start button woo luxury ahahha

3. Ignition switch off.

9. Ignition switch off.

see goppy no bonnet opening and sounding the horn hahah...there was many variations of the T/C sequence wasnt there DJKOR? so maybe if u have no luck with that try and find another variation

hahaha now I have an excuse 4 Beeping my horn flashing my lights and driving with the bonnet open aaahahhh I just did a search and it returned nothin if you or anyone find anything please post

3. Ignition switch off.

9. Ignition switch off.

the method is provided long ago, it wont work.

cause I dont see the point in doing up ur seat belt for moving the car onto the grass to wash it and stuff

yeah but I was thinking unless low speed manoeuvre is the frequent usage of your car it might be better to leave it on

cause I dont see the point in doing up ur seat belt for moving the car onto the grass to wash it and stuff

lol I bet its easier to put your belt on than it is to pump the brakes and turn the keys 10 times in sequence

by the way, why would you want to turn off seat belt warning?

if there was a way to perminately turn this off it'd be in! only because i live in the country and have an 800m drive way, its INFURIATING seat belt on and off to undo a gate!!!!

if there was a way to perminately turn this off it'd be in! only because i live in the country and have an 800m drive way, its INFURIATING seat belt on and off to undo a gate!!!!

You said you work at a Toyota dealership right? Do you have a service department there? If so, have a chat to them to see if they can plug their intelligent tester into your Aurion. Then you can permanently disable it. On a side note, I'll play around with mine when I get home to see if I can come up with the DIY solution.

How about just unplugging the sensor?

I see the Yaris mob does that under the seat?

The seat belt sensor uses a hall effect IC (electronic magnetic sensor). Unplugging it will make it go open circuit and the car will see the seatbelt as unplugged. I'm thinking that it my be possible to trick it by shorting the sensor, but there is the possibility that the circuit was designed to prevent that. I'll play when I get home.

You said you work at a Toyota dealership right? Do you have a service department there? If so, have a chat to them to see if they can plug their intelligent tester into your Aurion. Then you can permanently disable it. On a side note, I'll play around with mine when I get home to see if I can come up with the DIY solution.

AH YES but that would involve using my brain wouldnt it! lol!!! :)

So on that topic of the seat belt reminder, if you really need to turn it off, you will need to go to a Toyota Service Department. It can only be disabled by using the intelligent tester. The seat belt switch forms part of the airbag system so so messing around with it would not be advised. I had a look at it and unfortunately it is not a matter of just shorting out two wires. I guess if you are that serious about disabling it, you would be bothered enough to go to Toyota.

So on that topic of the seat belt reminder, if you really need to turn it off, you will need to go to a Toyota Service Department. It can only be disabled by using the intelligent tester. The seat belt switch forms part of the airbag system so so messing around with it would not be advised. I had a look at it and unfortunately it is not a matter of just shorting out two wires. I guess if you are that serious about disabling it, you would be bothered enough to go to Toyota.

ah yes.. not a hard task as i got there every day lol!