my new 80 series

hey guys .. this is my first post and first look at this site .. my name is Brady

I have just aquired a 93 model RV 80 series with all the good basic bits like snorkel, alloy bar, steps, Old man emu susp lift, 33" cooper stt's .. Also as i work at North West Offroad in Tassie i'll soon get more bits for it.

Few questions ive got.. i knocked it off at a good price as its got a few kms .. actually 320,000 to be exact.

its this amount of kms ok for the 4.5 petrol motor?

also the oil light comes on when warm but still has oil pressure on the guage.. wats going on there? is it a dodgy sensor?

anyways it would be good to know if theres any tassie members about and let me know what goes on in the local scene.

cheers guys

brady

hey guys .. this is my first post and first look at this site .. my name is Brady

I have just aquired a 93 model RV 80 series with all the good basic bits like snorkel, alloy bar, steps, Old man emu susp lift, 33" cooper stt's .. Also as i work at North West Offroad in Tassie i'll soon get more bits for it.

Few questions ive got.. i knocked it off at a good price as its got a few kms .. actually 320,000 to be exact.

also the oil light comes on when warm but still has oil pressure on the guage.. wats going on there? is it a dodgy sensor?

anyways it would be good to know if theres any tassie members about and let me know what goes on in the local scene.

cheers guys

brady

The 80 series 4.5 litre petrol engine is good for atleast 500,000km if looked after.

Silly question, but does it have enough oil in it? maybe do a oil/filter change just incase - never hurts on a used car.

You can still have oil pressure without having the correct amount of oil in the engine...

Check your oil level, it's gunna be low...

Prolly be a good idea to get a major service done as the 320,000km service is a major anyway... Expect to pay over $1000 for the service at a Toyota Dealership however...

cheers guys

brady

My 80 series was using a bit of oil so it was pulled down at 350,000kms and it's internals were in great shape, was just honed and ringed and it's done another 60,000 since with no problems.......my oil light comes on intermittantly as well.....pressure and levels are fine.......sensor was cleaned up and replaced........still not 100% and a new sensor was heaps of $'s Yours Jim..

You can still have oil pressure without having the correct amount of oil in the engine...

Check your oil level, it's gunna be low...

Prolly be a good idea to get a major service done as the 320,000km service is a major anyway... Expect to pay over $1000 for the service at a Toyota Dealership however...

im sorry but i never go to genuine dealers so it wont cost that much.. plus being relatively mechanicly minded it shouldnt be much of a problem to chuck it on the hoist at work and do it myself.

oh and checked the oil and it was fine but i think the wrong viscosity has been put in so it thins out too much.. that possible?

My 80 series was using a bit of oil so it was pulled down at 350,000kms and it's internals were in great shape, was just honed and ringed and it's done another 60,000 since with no problems.......my oil light comes on intermittantly as well.....pressure and levels are fine.......sensor was cleaned up and replaced........still not 100% and a new sensor was heaps of $'s Yours Jim..

oh ok so did you find out what it was? or is it maybe a common thing??