i'm a newy

Sera30

:D hey anyone .Im new here. I have pictures posted always looking for new idea to add to my aurion. looking into gps. Anyone fill me in on those HID lights everyone seems to be getting and whats the go with the air intake? I am a family man so ill give the lowering a miss , my wife would scrape the hell out of it. ANY IDEAS?????????????

post-10382-1222945175_thumb.jpgpost-10382-1222945311_thumb.jpgpost-10382-1222945716_thumb.jpg

Edited by sera709

gday and welcome... :)

GPS:

i think the general consensus is that the "AUSPACK" or something like that is the best option out there for the cheaper end of the market... otherwise, you can look into eclipse, etc for more expensive ones... or the factory sat nav unit...

HIDS:

there is a kit you can buy on ebay for $70 odd that two of the guys in brisbane have on their aurions... looks awesome...

i'm sure DJKOR will post up the link to the ebay seller... :)

AIR INTAKE:

have a read of this thread: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=16789

basically, you have the following options:

replacement panel filter from K&N

fujita intake system

K&N intake system

either way, the best option is to buy from the states... works out a lot cheaper...

i'm getting my intake done in the next couple of weeks... so if you want to wait until then, i think the guy thats doing mine might sell a few for $350... :)

Well here I am ;) . With the HID's, there are many different types you can get off eBay if you choose that approach. You just need to do a simple search of 'H11 HID' and you will find more than enough options. When choosing a colour temperature (the figure with a 'k' at the end), you need to figure whether you want the best in performance or best in looks. I'd recommend 6000k if you want the brightest, or 8000k if you want the best in looks. With that said, even the 8000k is really bright.

In case you are curious, I bought my HID's from the eBay seller "SUNSTAR-HID". They say you usually get what you pay for, but with HID's that can be obtained for as little as $60-$70 from eBay, you can't really go wrong. I have been using cheap kits for a while without any issues. Just make sure you install them tightly otherwise you have the potential to end up with this... and this is a more expensive kit.

:D hey anyone .Im new here. I have pictures posted always looking for new idea to add to my aurion. looking into gps. Anyone fill me in on those HID lights everyone seems to be getting and whats the go with the air intake? I am a family man so ill give the lowering a miss , my wife would scrape the hell out of it. ANY IDEAS?????????????

post-10382-1222945175_thumb.jpgpost-10382-1222945311_thumb.jpgpost-10382-1222945716_thumb.jpg

Welcome mate.

Maybe try de-badging her, makes them look a hell of a lot cleaner.

I lowered mine and I have absolultely no issues with mine, in fact i wish i had done it sooner, it was the best $550 bucks I have ever spent (Pedders)

Well here I am ;) . With the HID's, there are many different types you can get off eBay if you choose that approach. You just need to do a simple search of 'H11 HID' and you will find more than enough options. When choosing a colour temperature (the figure with a 'k' at the end), you need to figure whether you want the best in performance or best in looks. I'd recommend 6000k if you want the brightest, or 8000k if you want the best in looks. With that said, even the 8000k is really bright.

In case you are curious, I bought my HID's from the eBay seller "SUNSTAR-HID". They say you usually get what you pay for, but with HID's that can be obtained for as little as $60-$70 from eBay, you can't really go wrong. I have been using cheap kits for a while without any issues. Just make sure you install them tightly otherwise you have the potential to end up with this... and this is a more expensive kit.

DJKOR, would you know of any good australian sellers off eBay. I just don't feel that comfortable with buying from overseas.

Also does anybody any about installation of HID's, I don't think I would be able to do it myself, so would anybody knoiw where I could get it done? and at what approx price?

Thanks

gday and welcome... :)

GPS:

i think the general consensus is that the "AUSPACK" or something like that is the best option out there for the cheaper end of the market... otherwise, you can look into eclipse, etc for more expensive ones... or the factory sat nav unit...

HIDS:

there is a kit you can buy on ebay for $70 odd that two of the guys in brisbane have on their aurions... looks awesome...

AIR INTAKE:

have a read of this thread: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=16789

basically, you have the following options:

replacement panel filter from K&N

fujita intake system

K&N intake system

either way, the best option is to buy from the states... works out a lot cheaper...

i'm getting my intake done in the next couple of weeks... so if you want to wait until then, i think the guy thats doing mine might sell a few for $350... :)

Thanks alot secaboy. good info thank you :lol:

cheers DJKOR. thank you. ill look into it. you guys a full of info. wrapped do i need to buy the bulbs with the ballast or without and is it as simple as changing bulbs or is there more to it?:D :D :D

Edited by sera709

Welcome mate.

Maybe try de-badging her, makes them look a hell of a lot cleaner.

I lowered mine and I have absolultely no issues with mine, in fact i wish i had done it sooner, it was the best $550 bucks I have ever spent (Pedders)

thanks beaves. not sure about lowering it my wife drives it more than i do and i dont think she would appreciate me yelling at her everytime she scratches it . not fair on her.. :D

cheers DJKOR. thank you. ill look into it. you guys a full of info. wrapped do i need to buy the bulbs with the ballast or without and is it as simple as changing bulbs or is there more to it?:D :D :D

There is a thread somewhere in the forum that linked a DIY HID conversion kit guide...

In a nutshell...

1st - you need the whole kit including the ballast...

2nd - will need to take off the front bumper and headlight housing to fit in the bulb nicely without damaging it...

3rd - do it in a garage as if its your 1st go, if you never had experience in taking off the bumper, you will be doing it for 1/2 a day... (to make sure you get everything right without getting nasty sunburn...)

4th - make sure you got a fridge full of beers ;)

Cheers

Welcome aboard mate...

Nice ride you got here, agree to the de-badging specially on the doors i dun like that AURION there al all.. other thank that they look great just with a set of wheels

thanks FLYZR6. its like finding another family and pro's if i get stuck. Im not sure if i read somewhere that you said your from sydney. Im a truckdriver i get around sydney a fair bit and i think i saw your car around alexandria some where.if its right if you ever see a white truck and dog tipper flashing youll know who it is.I agree with you about the aurion sighnage on the door but i dont mind the ones on the back. when i get a chance ill read up on how you guys debadge and ill take them of the doors . thanks everyone (DJKOR,secaboy etc) B)

Edited by sera709