**** me sideways

Simo

can anyone here confirm if a clutch in a sportivo takes 7 - 8 hours to replace??

Old mate reckons that it will take that long, and is charging me $941 for heavy duty exedy and labour, if he is trying to ******scam me, I will tell him to shove the clutch up his ****************

Edited by Simo

HEY MATE. im from sydney and i just bought a exedy heavy duty clutch and got tit through a mate from autobahn and it cost me $320. normal going price is around $350. $10 either up or down. made a few phone calls and got 1 quote at the moment and he said it will cost $350 and an extra $50 to machine the flywheel if i remember correctly. he also said it will take about 8 hours or so. but i think if u tell them you need it done assap they will get it done in roughly 5 hours.

i reckon at that price its ok in the end if you tell them you want it done "asap" they can do it but really do you want them to rush on somthing so important like a clucth/gearbox thats just me sinan but yerh "Toyota" claim 8 hours to take on and off a gear box thats just plain BS!! i work on the aurion and camry engine everyday for 8 hours and takes me 1 min to put it on or take it off lol we only have 1min and 30seconds to do the job ahahah but thats just the gearbox still if it was in the car it still wouldent be that long but i just say wait paitiently and just let them do the thing that there best at just think of how good it would be to land lift after all that ;)

Steven

******** back on the road, settled for a stock equivalent purely for the fact that I need the ***** back on the road to get to and from my new job...

will get the exedy heavy duty later on, old mate even gave me the old clutch LAWL

Edited by SILVABULLIT

wow i never figured itd take so long to do the clutch i spose if they were to machine the flywheel as well itd be right.

maybe xoom can shed some light on how long it took him to drop his box out

Finally got some pics of the clutch, as you can see, there is nothing left of her and one of the springs snapped clean out LAWL

the bearing was also shot to ****...

image135px2.jpg

image136ah2.jpg

image137lb4.jpg

Tractor all good now :)

image138ll6.jpg

Edited by Simo

This bloke mum knows who works for lube mobile, he took it back to there workshop and fixed her up good :)

going to use him from now on, very good mechanic, no bull**** very upfront...

came to $1100 cause of the tow from one side of Canberra to the other :huh:

Edited by Simo