Can't tint sunroof ???

I am getting a Kluger and I am going to have the windows tinted.

Front windows with dark tint and colour match to the rear darken windows. The rear darken windows will just have clear tint for filtering UVR.

One query:

Can I have the sunroof tinted with dark film?? I want to reduce the heat that come through the sun roof as much as possible.

I have asked MotorOne and they refused to do it and said that the sun roof may shatter or explode.

Really?

Sure the film would absorb the heat and I really doubt a bit of additional heat to the other side of the glass would cause such shattering.

If it could happen to the sun roof, what about the windows?

Should I take the "risk"?

My dads factory CRV sunroof came tinted...

Just to clarify..... the sunroof came darken or factory tinted. There is no film but just added colour to the manufacturing process.

I don't want a sunroof at all but the car came with one. No choice.

I want to minimize any heat/UVR that come through the glass and hit the internal blind and heat up the blind even more. The blind will be closed nearly 100% of the time.

The alternative, if no one prepared to tint it for me, might be to add a layer of aluminium foil over the upper surface of the internal blind and reflect back as much visible light, infra red and UVR as possible.

just gp to sign cutters and tell them to cut u sticker size of ur sunroof and same colour of your car and put it on, probably cost u 50bux and u dont have to worry about anything else

or DIY job

Edited by X-Power

My sunroof came tinted with 99% UV protection and 95% heart protection. The sun doesn't affect me when its directly above.

There is always the cover you can slide to cover the glass, unless the Klugers don't have them.

My sunroof came tinted with 99% UV protection and 95% heart protection. The sun doesn't affect me when its directly above.

There is always the cover you can slide to cover the glass, unless the Klugers don't have them.

Heart protection? I guess you're one mean son of a bitch :huh:

Oops, I meant heat.

Oops, I meant heat.

Well, we won't be surprise as it could be heart. There were some assasination attempts on your life ....

• 2 weeks later...