v6 rolla

Toyota Aus will never do anything like this the AE112R Sportivo turbo's were as far as they went and to be honest there wasn't a great deal of effort put into them at all so why would they start now.

I'd like to understand where you got the information that the Corolla turbo didn't get a lot of effort put into it. Like to see how many people have homologated a car and made a car ADR compliant recently.

i agree with eviltwin on this one, the ae112r was a very poor effort on toyotas part, what could of been and what we ended up with was worlds apart. 115kws and 9.5:1 comp ratio.......lol... and if u payed the almost 40k price tag for one u eaver had money to waste or your a corolla nut. sorry to any owners of this model no offence, hope they do better next time

They need to make some AWD trd models, think of how much more power you could coax out of the engine in the TRD aurion if you had a a better way of putting it all to the ground. An AWD corolla would own on the track as well.

only problem with putting awd into a corolla is the power loss through the drivetrain and for the first time itd be more in contention with the likes of the new imprezza cant see that one happening.

and they made considerable effort with the ae112 turbo but it was too brief a production run the colour choice was gold...or......gold and yeah stock 7a with a turbo bolted on for good measure they did put effort in but it was somewhat limp wristed in the end

guys its pretty simple ...... they are in the complete business of purely selling cars ..... y invest in such a small market i.e. hot hatches when u can own the wider hatch market ...... all down to $'s.

Either way im of the opinion if u want ur rolla to perform then ur gonna have 2 do it urself ...... trust me ;) ;) ;) ;)

guys its pretty simple ...... they are in the complete business of purely selling cars ..... y invest in such a small market i.e. hot hatches when u can own the wider hatch market ...... all down to s.

Exactly. The only reason for the TRD Aurion is because Toyota needed to stamp some extra credibility on their "new" car (I know it's still just a Camry, if you change a name you change a car. Look at the Laser/Focus, or Pulsar/Tiida). The Aurion is supposed to be going up against the Commodore and Falcon, both of which have hugely successful performance models. The Corolla is a tried and true formula, in a segment where the real performance cars (Focus XR5, Renaultsport Clio, Golf GTi, Astra Turbo/VXR) are very low volume sellers and/or really expensive, and the volume sellers are nothing more than tarted-up base models with little to no extra performance.

guys its pretty simple ...... they are in the complete business of purely selling cars ..... y invest in such a small market i.e. hot hatches when u can own the wider hatch market ...... all down to $'s.

Either way im of the opinion if u want ur rolla to perform then ur gonna have 2 do it urself ...... trust me ;) ;) ;) ;)

spot on......

spot on......

no reason why they couldnt have them made special order from the factory for the people who actually want and can afford them yeh we all know toyota arent going to bring out a fully worked corolla if they arent going to sell squillions of the damn things it wouldnt be viable but then again they whats stopping them from making a limited edition like the ae112?

no reason why they couldnt have them made special order from the factory for the people who actually want and can afford them yeh we all know toyota arent going to bring out a fully worked corolla if they arent going to sell squillions of the damn things it wouldnt be viable but then again they whats stopping them from making a limited edition like the ae112?

You so don't know how the big Toyota sausage machine works....

You so don't know how the big Toyota sausage machine works....

yeah sorry mate ..... reality is for a manufacturer ..... unless they are churning out high volume they are really just adding costs to their overheads ..... i know u r saying well make it on demand so in theory shouldn't add costs ..... however again in business they would need to invest in r&d, testing, etc etc and all of that stuff isnt free and so unless they are definitely going to sell X millions of units the hassle of creating this new product just isnt worth it ..... alternatively you price the thing at such a premium that u create an exclusive market ...... that being said lets b serious ...... would u pay an exclusive price for a corolla ? kinda explains wat happened to the old sportivo ..... in the end toyota was begging customers to come and buy them ........

u'd also have to look @ the range end-2-end ..... chances are if ur in the market for a hyped up rolla and prepared to spend the cash u might b better off checking into a lexus dealer .......

thats just the way it is in big business

1GZ-FTTE :D

Not that it would be in any way, shape or form possible but imagine 500nm of torque on a car that weighs just over a ton and is FWD.

mate i enjoy that sensation almost everyday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is probably an internal marketing issue within Toyota World and Toyota Aust

In Europe the performance Corolla is a Diesel with 400Nm of torque (and I think 130kW) and yes it performs but here in Aust the ever cautious Toyota was not confident the Aust market would accept a performance Diesel (mst people stillbuy the Golf TDi for it's fuel economy not it's performance over the comparative petrol model

u'd also have to look @ the range end-2-end ..... chances are if ur in the market for a hyped up rolla and prepared to spend the cash u might b better off checking into a lexus dealer .......

thats just the way it is in big business

Supposedly there's a FWD mini-Lexus due to come out in 2010, based on the Prius platform, so maybe that's why, so they don't have a conflict.

An -F version of that could be quite tasty, most likely based around a 2GR or 4GR

It is probably an internal marketing issue within Toyota World and Toyota Aust

In Europe the performance Corolla is a Diesel with 400Nm of torque (and I think 130kW) and yes it performs but here in Aust the ever cautious Toyota was not confident the Aust market would accept a performance Diesel (mst people stillbuy the Golf TDi for it's fuel economy not it's performance over the comparative petrol model

How did you determined this?

Edited by SmellyTofu