TRD CAI install problem for facelift 1ZZ

post-7953-1224894476_thumb.jpgCan someone confirm where this pipe goes once the stock air filter has been taken off? I have a facelift 1ZZ and im trying to install a TRD CAI....need answers ASAP!!!! If anyone is close to Padstow area maybe you could come help :D

post-7953-1224894476_thumb.jpg

... i dont think you disconnect that one??

heres a pic of my engine bay..

2510081213fo2.th.jpgthpix.gif

i don't remember unplugging or blocking anything off apart from a hole in the cai.. all the piping stays the same from what i remember apart from mounting the sensor to the cai..

Edited by rolla

... i dont think you disconnect that one??

heres a pic of my engine bay..

2510081213fo2.th.jpgthpix.gif

i don't remember unplugging or blocking anything off apart from a hole in the cai.. all the piping stays the same from what i remember apart from mounting the sensor to the cai..

i think you misread the post...i have a facelift model, the pre-facelift does not have that pipe that im having trouble with...thanks for the help though

u can put a small filter on it for time beaing but youll need to install an oil catch can to it or plum it back into your new pipework

have you put one of these CAI on your car? What is the oil catch can going to do? Its part of the air intake i thought...I was going to put a small filter on it but was not sure on the size when i was in autobarn earlier..

I have just got home after levinboy helped me put the CAI in. We just left the pipe we have been asking about, however I just went for a quick drive down to the shops and my engine light is now on. Does anyone know why it would be on? We did everything right in putting the CAI on....Has it got something to do with the pipe coming from the engine block that we have left off??

u can put a small filter on it for time beaing but youll need to install an oil catch can to it or plum it back into your new pipework

have you put one of these CAI on your car? What is the oil catch can going to do? Its part of the air intake i thought...I was going to put a small filter on it but was not sure on the size when i was in autobarn earlier..

I have just got home after levinboy helped me put the CAI in. We just left the pipe we have been asking about, however I just went for a quick drive down to the shops and my engine light is now on. Does anyone know why it would be on? We did everything right in putting the CAI on....Has it got something to do with the pipe coming from the engine block that we have left off??

mate, i had the exact same problem with my TRD CAI on my facelift many moons ago.

heres my thread : http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...c=14113&hl=

overall, the orange light cleared by itself over the space of 1-2 weeks--im thinking the ECU learnt to cope with it. But you have to buy a small filter/breather from supercheap. Costs arnd $13--arnd 3cm big.

Doesnt matter about the size as long as the filter looks like a minii, as most of them will come with a small clamp that u can screw on to fit arnd the hole of the cam cover.

-dave

hope it helps

mate, i had the exact same problem with my TRD CAI on my facelift many moons ago.

heres my thread : http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...c=14113&hl=

overall, the orange light cleared by itself over the space of 1-2 weeks--im thinking the ECU learnt to cope with it. But you have to buy a small filter/breather from supercheap. Costs arnd $13--arnd 3cm big.

Doesnt matter about the size as long as the filter looks like a minii, as most of them will come with a small clamp that u can screw on to fit arnd the hole of the cam cover.

-dave

hope it helps

I didnt find that thread..thanks for that dave!! But still at the end of that thread they said the pipe has to be connected back onto the air intake? Have you done that or just left the small filter on the end? When you first put the CAI in did you just leave that pipe hanging there with nothing on it, and that was when the light on the dash appeared?

Thanks for the reply though!!

he left the pipe there..the engine light came on n off..but at the end it went away...

what he did was take the whole pipe off..n attatched a small breather there... :) it sounds really sexy too..very high pitch noise

ok cool. So is the breather just a little filter? And is it underneath the engine cover where this pipe comes from? Pics would be awesome if you could get some dave..

thanks for the help. Im guna put a breather on it tomoro morning and see if that will make the orange light on the dash go out. Otherwise dad has told me I should just put the pipe straight back into the intake through the rubber adaptor between the intake pipe and the manifold. Ill post up how it goes though..

haha champion jeremy~ very well explained ;)

cheers for that!

yeah dood..the small filter wont stop ur engine light.

give it 1-2 weeks. and ur light should turn off automatically

the ecu will learn that it has a new cold air intake and it will switch off

then if it doesnt help connect a pipe bak to the rubber of the intake. but i wuldnt go putting a hole in ur TRD yet, seems a bit of a waste imo

enjoy the intake :)

dave

ok today i went to autobarn n bought a small breather filter and attached it onto the breather pipe. I see what you mean Jeremy about the high pitch noise that comes out of it, and it does it whenever you put your foot on the accelerator...Im guessing this is the same as what urs does dave? :unsure:

pics show what ive done....

post-7953-1225016564_thumb.jpgpost-7953-1225016587_thumb.jpg

sounds great!! but im guna get myself in trouble soon cos since ive put it on im a bit more of a rev head haha. The light is still on...see wat happens wen i go to work this morning, hopefully it mite be gone