Lowering - Aurion SX6

Stealth

have any idea what there worth??

Because all I've heard was from The States, owners over there were reporting that it cost them between USD$550 - $650 including fitment at a Toyota Dealer. They apparently only drop 1" in the front and 1.4" in the rear.

Also to quote a user (PrincessPeach) in the Toyota Nation forums:

TRD springs will make ur ***** sag like a grandma.

if u opt for the cushion urethane to balance teh drop, thats another 100 bucks easy...

TRD springs has the name brand. But it'll make ur car's rear end sag more than the front. Ride comfort is more in tune rather than handling.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because all I've heard was from The States, owners over there were reporting that it cost them between USD$550 - $650 including fitment at a Toyota Dealer. They apparently only drop 1" in the front and 1.4" in the rear.

if u opt for the cushion urethane to balance teh drop, thats another 100 bucks easy...

TRD springs has the name brand. But it'll make ur car's rear end sag more than the front. Ride comfort is more in tune rather than handling.

yeh ive jsut been reading that actually...not a good wrap for TRD products =S and also a bit expensive too :o

might just follow the trend and get some pedders. but i went to falcrum the other day and the guy there recons they got Tein S-Tech's for an aurion that give a 1.25" front and 1.5" drop in the rear i havent heard of anyone gettin it done in theres yet and he said that if i got it id be the 1st that he knows of that have used them in an aurion......ahhh i dont want to be the 1st :( lol

if u get the thread pitch and diameter right all u gotta make sure is that it fits in the hole on the alloy wheel most of the time if u get the right thread etc it will fit into most alloy wheels stud hole

can someone please send a copy of invoice for pedders?? coz i called pedders and they kept telling me i have to pay $720...

a $70 may not be much, but enough for my guard rolling later ><"

thanks in advance~

the correct size for the nut is 1.5. Not 1.25. Info for people who might need it in future.

Fuking pedders, picking up the car later, and there better be nothing bad happen on my car..

If it wasnt bcoz i m in a hurry to get the job done, and the other service centre is like 40 minutes away, i wont even bother go to tat place again.. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all, this topic has been talked about here and there on different threads. I thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread covering how and with what equipment people lowered their cars.

Some say Pedders, i like the idea of King springs.

Love to hear your opinions, results, complaints, problems etc.

I still have my factory 17's on but plan to upgrade to 245/35R19 after the car has been dropped. By dropped i mean a standard 30 - 35mm drop.

I'm in Perth and have already had a quote to have King Springs put in at Wilkinson Suspension Centre. I then read on another thread that the King Springs make the back of the car sit lower than the front. Now i'm not sure what to do... People say shocks need doing too?

Resident expert - DJKOR take it away... :toast: (please)

i have 235/35 19'' wheels on my aurion and i havn't lipped it and the tyres scrape away with no body sitting at the back

Hey all, this topic has been talked about here and there on different threads. I thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread covering how and with what equipment people lowered their cars.

Some say Pedders, i like the idea of King springs.

Love to hear your opinions, results, complaints, problems etc.

I still have my factory 17's on but plan to upgrade to 245/35R19 after the car has been dropped. By dropped i mean a standard 30 - 35mm drop.

I'm in Perth and have already had a quote to have King Springs put in at Wilkinson Suspension Centre. I then read on another thread that the King Springs make the back of the car sit lower than the front. Now i'm not sure what to do... People say shocks need doing too?

Resident expert - DJKOR take it away... :toast: (please)

i have 235/35 19'' wheels on my aurion and i havn't lipped it and the tyres scrape away with no body sitting at the back

wat springs are in it? do u have any pictures?

wat springs are in it? do u have any pictures?

i have king springs on it, i have pictures but the site wont let me add it because the file is too big, sorry, but i will try to make the pic smaller

have a look at my display picture and my car is on it now

Edited by maso_01993

i have king springs on it, i have pictures but the site wont let me add it because the file is too big, sorry, but i will try to make the pic smaller

nice pic but its a bit small, couldnt really tell how low it sits. does it have the same stance as dannywss's?

hows the ride? is it reasonably stiff?

if u cant upload one cos it too big go to www.tinypic.com upload it onto there and it will give u a url that you can put into your post that will alow you to show it

cheers mate...love to see a pic :D (still cant deside between kings and pedders, hope yours will make up my mind for me haha)

yeh ive jsut been reading that actually...not a good wrap for TRD products =S and also a bit expensive too :o

might just follow the trend and get some pedders. but i went to falcrum the other day and the guy there recons they got Tein S-Tech's for an aurion that give a 1.25" front and 1.5" drop in the rear i havent heard of anyone gettin it done in theres yet and he said that if i got it id be the 1st that he knows of that have used them in an aurion......ahhh i dont want to be the 1st :( lol

hey, did they quote you a price on the tiens?

$700 installed. this was at hillcrest Falcrum. u thinking about taking that option?

Edited by eSEXSIX

nice pic but its a bit small, couldnt really tell how low it sits. does it have the same stance as dannywss's?

if u cant upload one cos it too big go to www.tinypic.com upload it onto there and it will give u a url that you can put into your post that will alow you to show it

cheers mate...love to see a pic :D (still cant deside between kings and pedders, hope yours will make up my mind for me haha)

ye its about the same but i think the back is a bit lower

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=315ydna&s=4

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qn2l37&s=4

never doe these links b4 but if they dont work maybe u can look at my gallery

yeh man worked good...sits nice mate, even both front and back. wats it ride like?

Edited by eSEXSIX

yeh man worked good...sits nice mate, even both front and back. wats it ride like?

i reckon that the ride is a little bit less bouncy than the original sportivo ride. my tyres are 235/35/19 Aicheles and i think baceuse they are wider there is a bit more grip around corners

yeah i got them mate originally when i put the 18's on nearly a year ago now i had 30's on it and they were really quiet they were yokohamas but now i got 35's on and are really noisy i was actually considering taking them back, in a straight line there horrible and luckily dont get noisier when i hit a corner cant remember the brand but will post that tomorrow they do grip really well though in the wet and dry and is pretty hard to get them to spin of the line.

$700 installed. this was at hillcrest Falcrum. u thinking about taking that option?

$700 isnt bad, but i want to get coilovers instead of springs. Are there any coilovers suited for the aurion?

cheers