Lowering - Aurion SX6

Stealth

thanks for that dude! ill defenetly do that...yeh when i went there and we were talkig about how high it sits and wheels and what have you, he was like yeh we just did a job on a silver aurion with 20's and it sat nice and had no rubbing problems...now i know who it is, and i also know that there full of sht cos you had heaps of problems. just like u said on another spring thread, there not real knowledgeable and helpfull, more like a bam bam thank you mam mob <_<

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for that dude! ill defenetly do that...yeh when i went there and we were talkig about how high it sits and wheels and what have you, he was like yeh we just did a job on a silver aurion with 20's and it sat nice and had no rubbing problems...now i know who it is, and i also know that there full of sht cos you had heaps of problems. just like u said on another spring thread, there not real knowledgeable and helpfull, more like a bam bam thank you mam mob <_<

I dont think you will have a problem with scrubbing if you do it whilst you have your standard wheels on. The O/D of the standard wheel, should be pretty much the same as my 245/ 30 /20's. And my scrubbing is gooooooooooooonnnne now with the new tyres.

$600 at Pedders for me.

Here's my break down dude,

front springs 175.00

rear springs 175.00

fitting 210.00

wheel alignment 90.00

total 650 buck out of my sky-rocket.

So far you have guys from brisbane, sydney, darwin, townsville, who got it done around the same price, which is a alot less than you got quoted.

Stand-up for yourself, go in there and ask him why is prices are so inflated, and how does he account for it. If nothing happens and he tells you to bugger off, atleast your said your piece. And if enough people tell him he's a rip-off merchant, maybe he will re-think his busines stradegy and bring his prices down to acceptable level.

Only the fittest will survive dude.

Yeah, thanks for the info dude. I'm gonna see how i go with my mate first. But yeah, otherwise i'll let them know what i think of them.

Besides, i still have the quote for the king springs (around $560) that i was keen on anyway.

Has anyone had any experience with Lovells springs. I've got a mate at a tyre shop that can do them for me for half the price of the King springs. I hear they're popular with the Fords.

I guess the point of the story is, if you're looking to lower your Aurion, there's a third option.

and whats the drop of them do you know?

Well, so far all i know is Lovells are Australian made and have been around for years. They seem popular with 4wd owners for doing lift kits on their cars and Ford owners (cos they're blue). One of the guys at my mates work has had them on his BF Falcon for 3 years and no problems so far. They're a round about 35mm drop and cost around $110 a pair.

The only thing is, as with most mates rates etc, is that it remains to be seen... :whistling:

So if I go 245/35/19 I can get it lowered without scrubbing? From what I can see your ride height is still at a decent and usable level.

You should be fine, as that 19" rim will compensate for that thicker tyre. Just go to you local tyre place, as him what the O/D is of a 245/30/R20 and make sure your 245/35/R19 is the same or smaller, and you will be sweet. Also after you get your springs done, it might look a bit high to start with, then will dropp after a couple of weeks, once it settles in.

Just make sure you stay in the legalities with your O/D and load rating of the tyre for insurance purposes.

Edited by BONDIE

KING SPRINGS

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER

When you took the pic, did you have something heavy in the boot or my eyes playing tricks on me, but- your back end seems lower than your front. There is more gap between the wheel arch and the tyre in the front than the back. Dont get me wrong your ride looks sweet. Just noticed the difference though.

Does it scrubb?

Edited by BONDIE

When you took the pic, did you have something heavy in the boot or my eyes playing tricks on me, but- your back end seems lower than your front. There is more gap between the wheel arch and the tyre in the front than the back.

Maybe this quick image will show you something. MS Paint FTW.

lowji4.th.jpg

From what I can see, the car is still level. Is it not meant to be like that and should the front of the car sit lower than the back? To me, having the car sitting level like that seems correct.

back is lower cant really go same on the front with 20's or need to roll some gaurds 18's / 19's might be able to

Are kings adjustable or are they set to a certain dropp size. Did you ask to have to lower on the back or when they put them on, did they just settle that way. If you wanted to raise and lower the front or back a bit with the kings, can they do that.

Because i know with my pedders, they just come in one size, and the springs dropp to a standard height, but with the pedders, they dropped evenly, and I had to just adjust my gap between the wheel arch with the tyre size.

When you took the pic, did you have something heavy in the boot or my eyes playing tricks on me, but- your back end seems lower than your front. There is more gap between the wheel arch and the tyre in the front than the back.

Maybe this quick image will show you something. MS Paint FTW.

lowji4.th.jpg

From what I can see, the car is still level. Is it not meant to be like that and should the front of the car sit lower than the back? To me, having the car sitting level like that seems correct.

Arh yeah, that correct. Almost every car has lower wheel arches on the back than the front. The car sits level but there should be less gap in the rear arches than the front. Go check a stock Aurion or any other sedan for that matter and you'll find the same thing.

If you've got equal gap front and rear in your arches then the lowering has been done wrong...

PS i like the Sportivo mags for sale in the background. Did you trade them in or something.

Wow...That's just like my height...

Is that 19 or 20s?

That does seem to scrub if the car is loaded with full passengers [men] and on bumpy road...

I can hardly remember any scrubbin occurred with light females on board..

Well..Mine with Pedders..

Anw...Good Job! :clap:

dem's 20's cant adj them if you wanted to do that i think custom coil overs would be the best bet i just gave it to them and told them to lower it so it looked the part but still driveable like i dont have to take 30mins to get out of a driveway it scrubs when is full but only the inner plastics no damage so not really worried

Arh yeah, that correct. Almost every car has lower wheel arches on the back than the front. The car sits level but there should be less gap in the rear arches than the front. Go check a stock Aurion or any other sedan for that matter and you'll find the same thing.

If you've got equal gap front and rear in your arches then the lowering has been done wrong...

Im not sure is that is correct dude. Is that info from a suspension place. From your statement, I thought maybey mine was wrong, but i went though a heap of photos of my past cars that i have lowered. And they are all the same, the gap space in the rear, between the wheel arch and the wheel is slightly bigger than the space in the front. (other way around from what you have stated)

When i say slightly, i mean- mabey 1cm difference, nothing drastic. This seems to be the same on all of my past cars. They sit level but there is a slightly larger gap space in the rear, gives the illusion that the nose of the car is pointng down to the ground, not the other way around and into the sky.

These were done in 3 different cities (different business), and the cars are different age groups, which means they will have different types of springs in them. Brisbane, Townsville, Melbourne. Cars - 05 Ford Explorer (before air bagged, ), 1970 VF Valiant, 2007 XR6 UTE, XY GT REP FALCON X2, Toy Hilux and now the Aurion.

Im not saying your wrong dude, mabey ive been unlucky and all my past suspension dudes got it wrong. But this has intrigued me now, and im gonna find out some more info on this. I'll find out, what it is supose to be.

Just checked my misses car and her's is the same, larger space on the back. (no lowering done).

Can someone out there measure a aurion that is standard stock, to confirm. Easiest way is to measure from the top of the rim to the top of the wheel arch on front and rear.

Just want to see what others stock aurions are like.

Cheers.

Edited by BONDIE

Can someone out there measure a aurion that is standard stock, to confirm. Easiest way is to measure from the top of the rim to the top of the wheel arch on front and rear.

Just want to see what others stock aurions are like.

Well, guess I wasn't really looking hard enough. Turns out that my Aurion does 'point down' slightly. Measurements are as follows with stock 17 inch rims.

Top of rim to bottom of wheel arch:

Rear - 145mm

Front - 155mm

Bottom of side skirt to ground:

Rear - 205mm

Front - 180mm

So I guess that if you were keeping the same drop for the front and rear, the front 'top of rim to bottom of wheel arch' should be 10mm more than the rear.

Maybe it's just me, but most of the lowered cars i've seen have the back wheels almost inside the guards and the fronts have a tiny bit more of a gap...

I gotta lay of the hallucinogens i think :whistling:

I stand corrected.

Edited by Stealth

Maybe it's just me, but most of the lowered cars i've seen have the back wheels almost inside the guards and the fronts have a tiny bit more of a gap...

I stand corrected.

Only commodore drivers <_<

post-9153-1225848729_thumb.jpg

I stand corrected.

thats because of the IRS (independant rear suspension). if you lower the car, the camber will naturally increase, thus the wheel being on more of a negative angle (ie. tucking inside the wheel arch). you can get a camber kit to decrease the camber a bit so that it's biased positively.

every car with irs is exactly the same. the camber just depends on how much you lower it.

Edited by lateralus

Wouldn't the most simple explanation for the front having more gap be because the front wheels actually have to turn, and this is to prevent the tire hitting the arch. Seems easy and logical to me.

check this out

i was lookin on carpoint at aurions and saw that this car was sitting REALLY nice so i rang this bloke up thinking he was goin to have coil overs or somthin special on it but no he said they are TRD aurion springs.........HUH?????

i have never seen a TRD this low before, dont they sit like this (other photo)........wats the go there??? cos that sits fuqn good!!!!!!

post-9153-1225939275_thumb.jpg

post-9153-1225939319_thumb.jpg

post-9153-1225939645_thumb.jpg

Edited by eSEXSIX

check this out

i was lookin on carpoint at aurions and saw that this car was sitting REALLY nice so i rang this bloke up thinking he was goin to have coil overs or somthin special on it but no he said they are TRD aurion springs.........HUH?????

i have never seen a TRD this low before, dont they sit like this (other photo)........wats the go there??? cos that sits fuqn good!!!!!!

Maybe he just got the wording mixed up. He could have gotten the TRD springs, such as the ones they use in the US for their Gen 6 Camry's. I would imagine that those springs should be a direct fit to our Aurion due to the similarities. If you look at the following thread from Toyota Nation, the height seems to be matching with the ones you're referring to. The Aurion you posted probably looks lower because of the larger rims and due to the tire profile they fill the space that slightest bit more.

My new Mod: TRD springs

and

Pictures of my 2007 Camry (Damn this is one clean Camry)

With the second one, you can see the rear is sitting slightly higher than the front. I'm guessing that the TRD springs he got were done not too long prior to the photoshoot, since I have heard a few people on that thread say the TRD springs will sag quite a bit in the rear.