Lowering - Aurion SX6

Stealth

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...quietly thinking are u daryl? lol either way wens this getting done?

I would like to drop mine like yours Rowan, but see here's the thing. You get occasional scrubbing on your rears correct? And you have an overall wheel/tire diameter than stock. I wonder what the result is going to be with my stock rims and tires. I'm constantly going back and forward in my head about lowering mine. I think I will wait till after I fit my strut bar and rear sway bar, before I make any final decisions.

...quietly thinking are u daryl? lol either way wens this getting done?

I would like to drop mine like yours Rowan, but see here's the thing. You get occasional scrubbing on your rears correct? And you have an overall wheel/tire diameter than stock. I wonder what the result is going to be with my stock rims and tires. I'm constantly going back and forward in my head about lowering mine. I think I will wait till after I fit my strut bar and rear sway bar, before I make any final decisions.

yes i get OCCASIONAL scrubbing...BIG dips or big bumps with people in the back. my rims are 8.5's tho. NEVER scrubbed with stockies and u wouldnt with 19/20x8's either.i thought stockies looked great on it never scrubed and it was tucking at the back. and yes my rims are overall 14mm smaller than the stock ones but its the width that makes then scrape. on corneres u hardly ever scape when ur taking it hard unless the road is really rough. it doesnt damage the guard wither...for the amount of times ive scraped i havent even worn the paint off inside yet.

i found the strut brace helped more in handling than the springs did....but its the look daryl its the look mate lol

Edited by ELEGNT

if I was doing it again i think Id go kings I like the look of Rowans beter than mine and I think that little bit of extra height in th efront would be welcome alsoI have had 3 adults in the back seat and it was sitting real low looked awsome and only scraped once while hitting a faisr size dip in the road

the biggest thing I find with mine is the bottoming out in the front I really want to cut about 20 mm out of my bump stops I hopeing that will help a bit butwith the car low and 20 in wheels with chewing gum tyres than I spose it s going to be bumpy

hit the stops...wow i didnt think they would ever do that.

falcrum has a spring for aurions and pedders makes coilovers for them.

until i heard bottoming out from michael, if i did it again just with lowerd springs i would go pedders front kings rear as they have within 1kg spring rates so handling would be the same but then i get lowest on front and lowest on back.

until i heard bottoming out from michael, if i did it again just with lowerd springs i would go pedders front kings rear as they have within 1kg spring rates so handling would be the same but then i get lowest on front and lowest on back.

Why is that ELEGNT ?

Azza

Why is that ELEGNT ?

Azza

so it brings the front down a little...even tho its level now and it still srapes alot on gutters and whateva id still like it a bit lower at the front and just take more care

i wouldnt tho id get the pedders coilovers

Nah... get the Air Force coilovers :lol:. Can be riding on your nuts and still be able to go over speed bumps, etc.

Why is that ELEGNT ?

Azza

so it brings the front down a little...even tho its level now and it still srapes alot on gutters and whateva id still like it a bit lower at the front and just take more care

Why not stick to kings all round as they make 3 diffrent lowering ranges 25mm ,42mm and 60mm I think.

Azza

Why is that ELEGNT ?

Azza

Why not stick to kings all round as they make 3 diffrent lowering ranges 25mm ,42mm and 60mm I think.

Azza

cos they dont its just lows atm

On the topic of suspension again, just an update on my plans... it seems I won't be simply doing a simple drop on Kings/Pedders. We were having some discussion last night (all of us that turned up to the meet... Rowan), and I think I've got an idea on what I'm going to do for my overall setup. Nothing outrageously crazy, but this car is going to the track and I want to to have some decent performance.

It's not all about the style anymore.

On the topic of suspension again, just an update on my plans... it seems I won't be simply doing a simple drop on Kings/Pedders. We were having some discussion last night (all of us that turned up to the meet... Rowan), and I think I've got an idea on what I'm going to do for my overall setup. Nothing outrageously crazy, but this car is going to the track and I want to to have some decent performance.

It's not all about the style anymore.

sooooooooo.....what are ur plans? coilovers?

Edited by ELEGNT

Next modification aspirations: A daily driver with track-like handling.

elaborate please, what have u decided on springs? ditto for last question

A little impatient huh :lol:

It's still a bit in the works and I'm just researching what can be done, so I'm not going to go into detail just yet. Quite possibly it will involve some design around some Kings Progressive Rate springs. I want to steer away from the (widely known) coilover design due to the smaller diameter of the spring used on them, and the negative effects it can bring. With the primary use of this car being a road car, that's not something that I want.

Next modification aspirations: A daily driver with track-like handling.

elaborate please, what have u decided on springs? ditto for last question

A little impatient huh :lol:

It's still a bit in the works and I'm just researching what can be done, so I'm not going to go into detail just yet. Quite possibly it will involve some design around some Kings Progressive Rate springs. I want to steer away from the (widely known) coilover design due to the smaller diameter of the spring used on them, and the negative effects it can bring. With the primary use of this car being a road car, that's not something that I want.

Yeh I also think a coilover would be a bit too much for daily road use.

Just got myself a set of 19" yesterday and instantly I can feel the cornering is waaay better, plus the strut brace and rear sway bars on their way from Ultra racing, I just can't wait to see how much difference all together can make.

However I wouldn't mind to try one if K.Rudd gives away another stimulate package :spiteful:

• 10 months later...

Went to pedders this morning and apparently they only do a coilover set $2100 fitted. I was under the impression that they did a spring and shock combo fitted for roughly $800 - $1000. Anyone had any experiences?

Went to pedders this morning and apparently they only do a coilover set $2100 fitted. I was under the impression that they did a spring and shock combo fitted for roughly $800 - $1000. Anyone had any experiences?

Hey mate,Pedders do NOT do a spring/shock combo only the coilovers as you mentioned,i went thru this exercise a couple of months back and went the coilovers,they even went as far as pulling it all apart to find out nothing they had fitted...anyway much happier with the Pedders coilovers and $2000 fitted seems about right.

KYB make a shock to go with the Pedders/Kings springs.

Hey mate,Pedders do NOT do a spring/shock combo only the coilovers as you mentioned,i went thru this exercise a couple of months back and went the coilovers,they even went as far as pulling it all apart to find out nothing they had fitted...anyway much happier with the Pedders coilovers and $2000 fitted seems about right.

KYB make a shock to go with the Pedders/Kings springs.

Thanks for reply, i have done abit of researching and going by pedders site they do just coil springs although the guy told me they didnt so i will ring back on monday to see. I would like to get the coil overs but then i will never hear the end of it from the devil plus cuts into my wheel funds.

I will also do some searching for kyb shocks as well.

I've still got my Pedders springs in their original boxes from before i fitted the coilovers,i just had a squiz and the part numbers on the boxes are 2959 & 2958 not sure front and rear as it dosen't say and i can't remember if they were put back in the correct boxes anyway.

So i suppose mention these part numbers a see what they say,if they still say no go to another Pedders store or buy my old ones. :P

I've still got my Pedders springs in their original boxes from before i fitted the coilovers,i just had a squiz and the part numbers on the boxes are 2959 & 2958 not sure front and rear as it dosen't say and i can't remember if they were put back in the correct boxes anyway.

So i suppose mention these part numbers a see what they say,if they still say no go to another Pedders store or buy my old ones. :P

How much you offering your old ones for?

i have found the following part numbers i will put up for anyone else interested

KYB Shocks

Left front 339107

Rear 339109

Right front 339106

rear 339108

Pedders

Front Spring Low 220028 220028 Sport Ryder Coil Spring

Rear Spring Low2959 2959 Sports Ryder Coil Spring

king springs

Front ktfl-63sl

rear ktrl-61sl

currently looking at DBA rotars aswell.