Lowering - Aurion SX6

Stealth

have any idea what there worth??

Because all I've heard was from The States, owners over there were reporting that it cost them between USD$550 - $650 including fitment at a Toyota Dealer. They apparently only drop 1" in the front and 1.4" in the rear.

Also to quote a user (PrincessPeach) in the Toyota Nation forums:

TRD springs will make ur ***** sag like a grandma.

if u opt for the cushion urethane to balance teh drop, thats another 100 bucks easy...

TRD springs has the name brand. But it'll make ur car's rear end sag more than the front. Ride comfort is more in tune rather than handling.

yeh ive jsut been reading that actually...not a good wrap for TRD products =S and also a bit expensive too :o

might just follow the trend and get some pedders. but i went to falcrum the other day and the guy there recons they got Tein S-Tech's for an aurion that give a 1.25" front and 1.5" drop in the rear i havent heard of anyone gettin it done in theres yet and he said that if i got it id be the 1st that he knows of that have used them in an aurion......ahhh i dont want to be the 1st :( lol

hey, did they quote you a price on the tiens?

$700 installed. this was at hillcrest Falcrum. u thinking about taking that option?

$700 isnt bad, but i want to get coilovers instead of springs. Are there any coilovers suited for the aurion?

cheers

a few of us are wanting the same man but unfortunetly noone has released one for aurions/v6 camrys yet :(

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is some info from the Toyota Nation forum and relates to available coilovers for the gen 6 Camry V6.

1. KSport USA KONTROL PRO DAMPER SYSTEM

http://ksportusa.com/asp/coilovers_d...roduct_id=cd01

2. Megan Racing COILOVER DAMPER STREET SERIES

http://meganracing.com/products/prod...d=764&catid=93

3. D2 Racing Sport RS COILOVERS

http://www.d2racingsport.com/toyota-model.htm

There has also been discussion on the Tien coilovers, when/if they are to be released.

Edited by SupaTouring

This is some info from the Toyota Nation forum and relates to available coilovers for the gen 6 Camry V6.

1. KSport USA KONTROL PRO DAMPER SYSTEM

http://ksportusa.com/asp/coilovers_d...roduct_id=cd01

2. Megan Racing COILOVER DAMPER STREET SERIES

http://meganracing.com/products/prod...d=764&catid=93

3. D2 Racing Sport RS COILOVERS

http://www.d2racingsport.com/toyota-model.htm

There has also been discussion on the Tien coilovers, when/if they are to be released.

I already have checked Ksport and D2 on those coilovers but it doesn't say it's for 4cyl or 6 cyl.

Interestingly, Megan's one does state both 4cyl and 6cyl, but I am not quite sure we can use the 4cyl's spring on aurion because of spring rate.

K-sport uses 9/5(front/rear) and megan's 6/4?

D2 doesn't state the spring rate on their website.

Could anyone clarify this??

So guys, unless you want to turn your car into a "Race" car and all rattly, I would really stay away from any of these coilovers.

I have used D2's before in my Civic - Bang for buck but really, its a track suspension. Good luck..LOL...

I would keep the stock shocks, lower if necessary and control roll using thicker sway bars. At least in the Aurion to keep a level of comfort.

I would keep the stock shocks, lower if necessary and control roll using thicker sway bars. At least in the Aurion to keep a level of comfort.

wat about rebound rate on the spring(pedders/king/watever) and shock combination?

Spring is shorter/lower, shock is still at original setting.. It doesnt really work out well, does it?

wat about rebound rate on the spring(pedders/king/watever) and shock combination?

Spring is shorter/lower, shock is still at original setting.. It doesnt really work out well, does it?

I doubt any of those spring rates will be so different that it adversely affects the current Damping/Rebound rate.

With the above coilovers, you're talking about spring rates in the 10 kgfs and they're not progressive, 10kgf is 10kgf...*teeth Chatter*.. LOL...but i should be talking should I? My civic runs 20f/18r..LOL...

I doubt any of those spring rates will be so different that it adversely affects the current Damping/Rebound rate.

With the above coilovers, you're talking about spring rates in the 10 kgfs and they're not progressive, 10kgf is 10kgf...*teeth Chatter*.. LOL...but i should be talking should I? My civic runs 20f/18r..LOL...

duh...20/18??

it would feel like there are no tyres wrapped on your wheels.

IMO, there's no way to say comfort on those 20/18 springs.

duh...20/18??

it would feel like there are no tyres wrapped on your wheels.

IMO, there's no way to say comfort on those 20/18 springs.

Actually, you'd be surprise that the ride is hard but not harsh, compared to when I ran the D2 (12/8), which was harsh as.

Its all about the quality of the suspensions.

The 20/18 were on Toda N1s, the N1s were specifically valved for those spring rates, and are proven race suspensions. Then again, the Toda N1s are a >$3K coilover set and the D2s and the rest above are <$1K

^ An interesting read. With the types of roads that I encounter each day, coilovers were definitely off my list of things to do. My car is too comfortable to sacrifice any comfort that it has. I'm still tempted to lower it at times, but I also encounter quite a lot of obstacles which would lead to something getting scrapped.

^ An interesting read. With the types of roads that I encounter each day, coilovers were definitely off my list of things to do. My car is too comfortable to sacrifice any comfort that it has. I'm still tempted to lower it at times, but I also encounter quite a lot of obstacles which would lead to something getting scrapped.

^^ Likewise, My Wife and Mom drives the Aurion so.....No Nice rims, no lowering, No mods...

• 1 month later...
check this out

i was lookin on carpoint at aurions and saw that this car was sitting REALLY nice so i rang this bloke up thinking he was goin to have coil overs or somthin special on it but no he said they are TRD aurion springs.........HUH?????

i have never seen a TRD this low before, dont they sit like this (other photo)........wats the go there??? cos that sits fuqn good!!!!!!

Maybe he just got the wording mixed up. He could have gotten the TRD springs, such as the ones they use in the US for their Gen 6 Camry's. I would imagine that those springs should be a direct fit to our Aurion due to the similarities. If you look at the following thread from Toyota Nation, the height seems to be matching with the ones you're referring to. The Aurion you posted probably looks lower because of the larger rims and due to the tire profile they fill the space that slightest bit more.

My new Mod: TRD springs

and

Pictures of my 2007 Camry (Damn this is one clean Camry)

With the second one, you can see the rear is sitting slightly higher than the front. I'm guessing that the TRD springs he got were done not too long prior to the photoshoot, since I have heard a few people on that thread say the TRD springs will sag quite a bit in the rear.

the TRD AURION springs actually are from what i remember, they are 1 inch lower that the sportivo springs.

• 3 months later...

Oh no... I've got a serious problem here. Thanks primarily to Rowan, I don't think I can hold back any longer and I think it's time to lower my Aurion. I guess it will just be dropped on the stockies, but at least it will be lower.

Now the tough part. Back to the good old Pedders Vs. Kings discussion. I like how Rowan's Kings sit nice an low at the rear, but to me that also means more chances of scraping. Michael's Pedders on the other hand have that little bit of extra clearance at the rear which would help, but also means that it is not a perfectly even drop. Hmmmm. What to do?

Oh no... I've got a serious problem here. Thanks primarily to Rowan, I don't think I can hold back any longer and I think it's time to lower my Aurion. I guess it will just be dropped on the stockies, but at least it will be lower.

Now the tough part. Back to the good old Pedders Vs. Kings discussion. I like how Rowan's Kings sit nice an low at the rear, but to me that also means more chances of scraping. Michael's Pedders on the other hand have that little bit of extra clearance at the rear which would help, but also means that it is not a perfectly even drop. Hmmmm. What to do?

I prefer going with pedders as they actually have workshops here in brisbane and if something goes wrong they will warrant it there and then, I'm not saying king springs won't but your most likely have to look for a workshop that will warrant through king springs, just my opinion anywayz

go those coilovers you posted up man... ;) hehe

whats the drop in height for both brands?

you could go king and pedders if the drop in height works out..

otherwise, if you talk to fulcrum, they can make custom springs...

Tough decisions. Hehehe, the Air Force coilovers would have been different but realistically, I'm not one that would go with coilovers on a street car. I was also considering Lovells as I've heard that they make suitable springs. I'm not after that slammed look, but a drop that is noticeable and so that gap in the wheel arch is not so visible. Pedders seems like the go at the moment, mainly because as good as Rowan's looks, the drop at the rear is a little too much for me to handle.

well....my thoughts are....

pedders and kings are going to handle very much the same. the aurion already sits higher at the back then the front standard so pedders do a pretty even drop...but the skirt is then not level with the ground...where putting it on kings is a little higher in the front but lower in the back so the car is sitting flat.

although being a fwd it shold be a bit lower in the front. but how many cars do u see that are lowered and the front is lower...90% of them the back is the lower on to flatten out the car.

with kings being a bit higher at the front, it gives u that little bit more clearance getting up gutters etc.

the main reson i got kings is to level it out and have that extra bit higher on the front because thats what always scrapes

and they are alot cheaper and come with 12 month warrenty.

i am not bagging on pedders i think there as good if not better than kings but the kings have the stance for me

mine on kings and micheals on pedders u can see the diff in the skirts on what level they are to the ground

10dfi53.jpg

and this is how mine sits

mcxnas.jpg

Edited by ELEGNT

and to add to that daryl u where worried about it being low and the shock going out...it going to be the same in the front with the pedders cos they are a massive drop in the front...and the front shock gets more of a coping than the rears...and i think i would rather my rear shock to go out before my front ones

In all honesty Daryl,

go with the Kings, it is an ever so slightly higher spring then the pedders, and you can put a HUGE 'KINGS' sticker on your car :P

I am happy with the kings, and i am sure rowan is too, plus it will be a bit less then pedders...

Evo