auspack GPS/DVD/TV

Sera30

Im just about finished installing my GPS/DVD unit. everything works perfectly except the TV. The image is there but no sound anyone tell me why? hanging to put it all back together dont want to have a before before i finish it . :help:

What a hell of a job when you doing it for the first time

1002751gu0.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the TV, (when in TV mode) tap the screen to enter the menu. If you are already getting picture ignore the first step:

1) Tap SYS until 'PAL I' is displayed:

dsc03120yr2.th.jpg

2) Then tap 'AUDI' until it says 'PAL BG':

dsc03121ar8.th.jpg

Lucky that you can get reception. I am located 10km line of sight to our broadcast towers at Mt. Coot-tha and have a crystal clear view of it. My reception is all fuzzy at it's best. Well that's keeping the antenna within a position suitable for use in the car. I had my antenna sitting on the rear parcel shelf with it forming a horizontal 'V'. I figured that I will never use it anyways, so I took it out the other day.

P.S. I see you are using ImageShack there. Was that image meant to be that size? When you click on the little 'i' to bring up the information, use the link that is listed under thumbnail size for Forums (shown in my attached screenshot). Also, when you upload, make sure that 'resize' is not selected.

screenug9.th.jpg

For the TV, (when in TV mode) tap the screen to enter the menu. If you are already getting picture ignore the first step:

1) Tap SYS until 'PAL I' is displayed:

dsc03120yr2.th.jpg

2) Then tap 'AUDI' until it says 'PAL BG':

dsc03121ar8.th.jpg

Lucky that you can get reception. I am located 10km line of sight to our broadcast towers at Mt. Coot-tha and have a crystal clear view of it. My reception is all fuzzy at it's best. Well that's keeping the antenna within a position suitable for use in the car. I had my antenna sitting on the rear parcel shelf with it forming a horizontal 'V'. I figured that I will never use it anyways, so I took it out the other day.

P.S. I see you are using ImageShack there. Was that image meant to be that size? When you click on the little 'i' to bring up the information, use the link that is listed under thumbnail size for Forums (shown in my attached screenshot). Also, when you upload, make sure that 'resize' is not selected.

screenug9.th.jpg

Thanks daryl

Can always count on you when im stuck

thanks dude

All Done Check it out

Just got the dusting to do :yahoo:

Before /After

1002752rf8.th.jpg1002761hg4.th.jpg

DVD mode (The Simpsons)

1002758xy6.th.jpgTV Mode 1002760as3.th.jpg

GPS Mode

1002756pa5.th.jpg

Toyota Logo

1002757kd1.th.jpg

Edited by sera709

It doesn't look like you put the A/C vent assembly back properly. Pull it out again then as you push it back, apply pressure downwards (best use your thumb pushing against the small area below the hazard light button) so the bottom edge is tight against the head unit. Then push the whole assembly back into its spot and it should sit tight against the head unit.

Apart from that, looking good. As well, while on topic, here are a few of videos I did earlier for the Toyota Nation forum to demonstrate the unit and iGO8.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

This one was to demonstrate that it can be used while driving:

Edit: You so did not see the GPS saying I was going 89km/h in that uphill 60km/h zone. Lies I tell you.

Please DJKOR Please...

What's is that track you're playing one the second video. The on road demonstration of the SAT NAV function. That track goes off dude. I love watching the clip just for the bloody music.

By the way, what did everyone pay for the Auspac DVD unit? I got a Quote for around $850 before the financial crisis hit. I assume nothing has changed in terms of ricing. Yeah, i can just email to find out but i don't want to keep emailing them back and forth to confirm pricing.

I'm in the process of lowering my car and putting 19"s on it. The pricing for the tyre rim combo has increased due to the drop in value of aussie dollar. Hence the question of the head unit pricing. The Auspac DVD unit is my next planned upgrade. Then we'll see what the budget allows for...

What's is that track you're playing one the second video. The on road demonstration of the SAT NAV function. That track goes off dude. I love watching the clip just for the bloody music.

That would be 'Goodwill & Tommy Trash - It's a Swede Thing [TT Electro Mix]'. I can even remember that it is the last track on the first disc of Ministry of Sound - Electro House Sessions. I swear I know the order of all these commercial mixes.

By the way, what did everyone pay for the Auspac DVD unit? I got a Quote for around $850 before the financial crisis hit. I assume nothing has changed in terms of ricing. Yeah, i can just email to find out but i don't want to keep emailing them back and forth to confirm pricing.

That pricing sounds about right. Everyone else will need to confirm that. Not bragging or anything but mine was a 21st birthday present which all my close friends chipped into.

Did you guys manage to get your display button on the steering wheel to work after the install? Last I heard people were having trouble with it.

The display button (and all other steering wheel buttons for that matter) work with this head unit. The display button not working issue is common with the aftermarket head units that do not have the same OEM fit as the stock head unit. Some aftermarket head units though come with the appropriate adapters to make it all work, but that's subject to the manufacturer.

I emailed them and got a reply of 950, I am assuming that covers delivery since he didnt say otherwise... Someone else want to inquire to see if they get the same price or not?

I emailed them this week about the corolla unit and got quoted $950 with free delivery to Brissy.

I guess we can thank the plummeting Australian dollar for the price increase. :(

Probably wouldn't take my advice since I've worked on it way too much, but to give an idea if you know what you're doing, LOL.

Installed my head unit minus the camera and TV antenna in under 30 minutes bright and early in the morning before I had to go to work. This included putting everything back together only to realise that I left the transit screws in the disc mechanism and had to take it all out again. When I came around to installing the camera and TV antenna, all up it took around 2 hours because of all the messing around I had to do to fit the camera.

I would say that to get the head unit up and running, most should have it done under an hour. For the reverse camera installation, depending on the camera you have and how creative you are with fitting it, give yourself a few hours to take it easy. So yeah, 4-5 hours all up should be about right.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

just bought the auspack satnav and yes the price has gone up to $950.00. Thats $155.00 dollars more than the original quote 2 months ago.

Still believe it to be a good value deal however and what can we do as we are in a global financial crisisand the aussie dollar is not doing us many favours!

will let you all know how the install goes....

Hi guys.

I got mine from FAT and installed in on last Wed.

Thanks to FAT. :yahoo:

Just wondering,

Does anyone use iGO8 V8.3.x.x with R15 map?

I found and downloaded V8.3 with R15map but it doesn't work on the unit with white and green stripes on the screen and ended up with white blank screen.

The Data.zip folder has correct screen resolution folder but still doesn't work. :(

Any idea??

BTW V8.0.x.x works great except I couldn't find the speedcam file from the web so it's a bit inconvinient tho.

Here are before and after pics.

26112008519.jpg

26112008516.jpg

Before:

29082008317.jpg

After

26112008520.jpg

Hi All

Got my unit from Auspack last week for...$950!

Have kept an eye on this and another thread for about a month now and it seems most are happy with the unit.

Kudos to DJKOR for his "How to for Dummies" as I will be closely following his teachings in the next week or so.

Expect some stupid questions as time goes on. <_<

Hi All

Got my unit from Auspack last week for...$950!

Have kept an eye on this and another thread for about a month now and it seems most are happy with the unit.

Kudos to DJKOR for his "How to for Dummies" as I will be closely following his teachings in the next week or so.

Expect some stupid questions as time goes on. <_<

dont worry fly i was a bit worried :unsure: about installing it but all went well :yahoo: . the only thing i had problems with was not know how the some of the scuff plates and other componants came off due to the fact that you cant actually see how things like that come off untill you get them off :rolleyes:

as far as ig08 software, i downloaded igo8 off limewire and the maps australia r-15 and they didnt work either. djkor posted them on this thread igo8 and it worked unreal.

by the way regarding the auspack when my wife hopes into the car her mobile phone connects via the bluetooth automaticlly but after roughly 2 days for some unknown reason it doesnt. i have to connect it mannually. sometimes it connects straight away then disconnects then connects again. anyone else have cthe same problem? :g:

and another thing when i get into the car it goes directly to the radio. i would prefer it to play the radio in the back ground and go to the navigation straight away. If i want to have the sat/nav on the screen i have to press the NAVI button is this normal or can you change the setting? :unsure: I love discovering the functions when i buy products like this so i read the manuals but dam if i can find the setting for these problems.

As for the iGO8 newer version issue, I haven't given it a try and don't plan to any time soon since if it ain't broke, I'm not going to try to fix it. On second thought, if I ever get some spare time, I'll give it a shot.

As for the mobile phone issue, I've had issues where the phone doesn't connect properly, but I think that comes down to the phone itself. My fix is to delete all profiles in the phone associated with the head unit and start again by adding it from scratch.

For the default mode, when turned off then on, it will revert to either mode that you left it in which is obtainable from the main home screen. You will always have to press NAVI to get it into the navigation mode. Plus you need to wait 5-10 seconds from turning it on before pressing the button actually does anything. I always have mine in DVD mode and as a guide, once the loading bar hits the midway point (centre of the Toyota logo), then you can press the NAVI button.

It's a cheaply coded unit. Nothing much you can expect.

As for the iGO8 newer version issue, I haven't given it a try and don't plan to any time soon since if it ain't broke, I'm not going to try to fix it. On second thought, if I ever get some spare time, I'll give it a shot.

As for the mobile phone issue, I've had issues where the phone doesn't connect properly, but I think that comes down to the phone itself. My fix is to delete all profiles in the phone associated with the head unit and start again by adding it from scratch.

For the default mode, when turned off then on, it will revert to either mode that you left it in which is obtainable from the main home screen. You will always have to press NAVI to get it into the navigation mode. Plus you need to wait 5-10 seconds from turning it on before pressing the button actually does anything. I always have mine in DVD mode and as a guide, once the loading bar hits the midway point (centre of the Toyota logo), then you can press the NAVI button.

It's a cheaply coded unit. Nothing much you can expect.

thank you dj

im still wrapped with it. money well spent.

some of my commodore mates are seeing if there is any available for their cars. good luck i say :P B)

by the way Igo8 is the best ive seen. very impressed

Hey guys, I've got a similar unit in my corolla.

Just like to ask, what are you guys using for TV antenna?

Are you running it outside the car or internal? Are you using a 12V signal booster?

Just like to ask, what are you guys using for TV antenna?

Are you running it outside the car or internal? Are you using a 12V signal booster?

I had the antenna mounted on my parcel shelf. The amplifier box for it sat right behind the centre headrest and I had the antenna extended in a V towards the corners of the rear window. I did connect the power for it as I figured that would be useful, but I could never get TV reception; even on my driveway which has a 10km crystal clear line of sight view of the transmission towers at Mt. Coot-tha.

Now there may have been a few factors at play here. I most likely needed to adjust the antenna to suit, my FM antenna and demister loops on the rear window could have interfered, and even the metallic tint could have added towards the bad signal. Either way, I couldn't be bothered starting at the first variable, so I pulled the antenna out and just decided not to use the TV tuner. LOL.

I found and downloaded V8.3 with R15map but it doesn't work on the unit with white and green stripes on the screen and ended up with white blank screen.

The Data.zip folder has correct screen resolution folder but still doesn't work. :(

Any idea??

Well on that topic, after a combined 4-5 hours (no joke), I have reached some conclusions.

A majority of the downloads for iGO 8.3.x are all missing the correct 'data.zip' file with the 480x234 resolution. Copying and pasting the one from previous versions of iGO will NOT work. So then you need to scout the net for a proper 'data.zip' file made for versions 8.3.x. So after a lot of downloading, I finally got a base setup of iGO 8.3.1.57021 together with the R15 Australia maps. Put it on the SD card and went to the car. Splash screen showed then quickly disappeared and the head unit returned to the main screen. I thought it was the 'data.zip' playing up so I downloaded at least 6 different versions and retried, getting the same result each time.

Then I thought maybe it was because my unit is running Windows CE 4.2. Did a Google search and found that this shouldn't be the problem. After more and more searching, I found that it is most likely a license issue. Found a license pack download, put it on the SD card, and fancy that... it actually got to the initialisation page for iGO where I could select the language, etc. Then once I did that, it said my maps were outdated. WTF. Did another Google search only to find out that the iGO 8.3.x is not compatible with maps from previous versions, and that there is no Australia map made to work on the new version of iGO. So that was some exercise.

Conclusion. Yes these units CAN run iGO 8.3.x, however we have no use for the program as there is no Australian maps for it yet.

Any idea??

Well on that topic, after a combined 4-5 hours (no joke), I have reached some conclusions.

A majority of the downloads for iGO 8.3.x are all missing the correct 'data.zip' file with the 480x234 resolution. Copying and pasting the one from previous versions of iGO will NOT work. So then you need to scout the net for a proper 'data.zip' file made for versions 8.3.x. So after a lot of downloading, I finally got a base setup of iGO 8.3.1.57021 together with the R15 Australia maps. Put it on the SD card and went to the car. Splash screen showed then quickly disappeared and the head unit returned to the main screen. I thought it was the 'data.zip' playing up so I downloaded at least 6 different versions and retried, getting the same result each time.

Then I thought maybe it was because my unit is running Windows CE 4.2. Did a Google search and found that this shouldn't be the problem. After more and more searching, I found that it is most likely a license issue. Found a license pack download, put it on the SD card, and fancy that... it actually got to the initialisation page for iGO where I could select the language, etc. Then once I did that, it said my maps were outdated. WTF. Did another Google search only to find out that the iGO 8.3.x is not compatible with maps from previous versions, and that there is no Australia map made to work on the new version of iGO. So that was some exercise.

Conclusion. Yes these units CAN run iGO 8.3.x, however we have no use for the program as there is no Australian maps for it yet.

Yeah that's what I was doing for the whole last week downloading more than 8 packages of V8.3.x.

What I figured out is R15 version map is for IgoV8.3.x. Are you sure it is outdated?

Because I downloaded R15 map package which includes speedcam and 3d building graphics for australia and I tired them with V8.0.x but the result was disappointing.

R15 map is not compatible with V8.0.x and it only works on v.8.3 like you said.

I have seen some pics of working v.8.3 with building graphics and it was showing the australian map for sure.

I haven't tried the license pack yet and I might give it a try tomorrow.