Brisbane Xmas Cruise

Whitestivo, could you upload the route map somewhere and then PM us the URL? Just interested to know what the route is so if we get separated we can still make our own way to destination.

Also, I will be bringing my little UHF radio. The dirty jokes over the air at the Lamington cruise made the day a lot more fun, I think we should continue that!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rmss.com.au/cruisedec08.doc

Agreed, keep the UHF's handy.

Couple of points

1. Meet point is the Loop at 11am Sunday. Don't be late.

2. There will be a stop at Lytton Road, just off the gateway to pick up NorthSiders (SB that's you)

3. There will be a stop at Wynnum foreshore beside the wading pool to make sure everyone is together (and any lazy eastsiders)

4. Last stop is Cleveland Point, and there is a fantastic fish and chip shop attached to a restaurant down there, second to none.

5. Bring friends, I'm bringing my dog 2ZZ.

6. It's a cruise and not a race and most importantly everyone enjoys the day and no donations are made to any government purses.

I'm organising a prize for the day, which will involve the best xmas theme decoration on a motor vehicle and some xmas trivia.

Attached is considered minimum benchmark acceptable.

Only two sleeps to go

whitestivo

post-6826-1229052346_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Just got back from my OS trip and seen this. I can't go unfortunatly, because I have a prior commitment. Would have been good to come out and meet you newer guys I don't yet know and catch up with some of the old hags of the group....

Next Time

Azz

Hi guys,

Thanks to all those that could make it today, was nice meeting you all again. It was a nice sunny hot windy day, and with no sign of rain, you couldn't hope for better weather.

Phil: What happened to you after we left Cleveland Point? You missed out on having to double back along Redland Bay Road when we found out that it was closed off at the far end from fallen power lines. :P

I was getting flashed by lots of cars that had already doubled back, and I thought they were just letting us know to slow down. Then we see Police, but it turns out it was just a detour for the line repairs...

I made a small navigational error when we had to detour away from the closed road. The roads were new, and the signs were newer still, and they sent me down an unfinished road. <_<

I can't wait for the next cruise.

C'ya round, Gav.

Great day weather wise and hope all had fun. Sorry I couldn't stay longer but had another Chrissy party to go to hence my leaving before we got there.

Guys i suggest next time before the cruise starts you have a full tank of fuel and a 2 way radio so that time isn't wasted waiting for people and communicating is also a lot easier.

Congrats to Phil for organising this event!! Good to go somewhere different for a change.

So who's organising the next event??? Not hard to do and some of us here are happpy to help if needed.

Good suggestions Brenn.

I think I will have a go at a January cruise through the southern mountains (Oxenford, Tamborine, Springbrook, etc...) and down to the QLD/NSW border. This would involve lunch at Tamborine usually, and then for the really keen ppl, early dinner down the coast or something like that. I also like to involve some things to do, like visiting glow worm caves, and going for a bush or rain forest walk at Eagle Heights or the Natural Bridge. Thoughts?

Cheers, Gav.

Had a great time guys, sorry about the fuel. You know how it is, always waiting for the next one to see if you can get it cheaper and before you know it, you're empty....

I love these cruises, I only came to Australia 5 years ago so a lot of this stuff is still new to me. I'll be happy to assist in any way I can for the next cruise.

What would be even more fun if we had something like Amazing Race where clues were scattered around and people had to drive from place to place before they got to the last stop...prizes for everyone who completes (so that there is no mad dash!). Obviously the clues would have to be different otherwise everyone would just travel together, better if we travelled around in smaller groups. A lot of work to prepare though.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

I went on a treasure hunt cruise many years ago, and it was fun. I tend to find it causes ppl to do some reckless things though, however I think that can be curtailed by the things they have to do, or how the treasure hunt works. I find that a treasure hunt cruise requires atleast 2 occupants in each car, as you need a navigator to help guide you to the next clue, etc... I guess it makes the drive between points A and B more interesting. But generally these type of things don't tie in with scenic cruises like I proposed above. So you have to have the 2 almost exclusively.

Good suggestion Elgin.

Gav.

Hey Hey guys,

i finally got home from Brissy, and i gotta say, major props to Phil aka whitestivo for organising this cruise :D

apart from getting lost, and doing a U-bolt back from where we came cause of the power lines, It was a very good day out :D

i am very keen to see a rolling shot of my car... i have never seen my car when moving from the outside before :o

And shame on me for not washing the rolla for the cruise, something i will make sure NEVER happens again <_<

Next time i see you guys, it will be show 'n' shine competition, and you know who will win :P

Have a good one,

Evo

Whitestivo is exhausted. Just got home.

Enjoyed the cruise, in agreement with Gav, a trip into the mountains having a quality lunch would be a stellar idea, though I'm not into midnight runs.

For those that came today, thanks, was great, makes organising it worthwhile.

To the individual that turned up in his dirty a$$ car, you should be stretched out over your roof racks and flogged (there's a hint in there on who it was).

Didn't take too many photos as we all got split up and made it a little difficult. Will post half a dozen in due course.

In the end, we made it to the final point, everyone enjoyed lunch and the event happened without mishap, sans Chicaboo powerslide in his tail heavy sportivo.

It's only know with my wife saying 313 GNT what that plate means, swear I had no idea all day.

Who was that crazy honda guy mixing it with the stivo's...

whitestivo

I went on a treasure hunt cruise many years ago, and it was fun. I tend to find it causes ppl to do some reckless things though, however I think that can be curtailed by the things they have to do, or how the treasure hunt works. I find that a treasure hunt cruise requires atleast 2 occupants in each car, as you need a navigator to help guide you to the next clue, etc... I guess it makes the drive between points A and B more interesting. But generally these type of things don't tie in with scenic cruises like I proposed above. So you have to have the 2 almost exclusively.

Good suggestion Elgin.

Gav.

If people are interested, I don't mind organising one. Obviously it would be a lot of work and earliest we could aim for would be an Easter 2009 cruise. I'll have to try and get some form of sponsorship/prizes and organise the checkpoints, clues, etc. It will be quite a large scale thing

Another good idea what me and my mate used to do, go for a 'mystery' cruise.

Basically, you meet up somewhere and then just drive to wherever you want to go... usually mt tamborine is a good run

Evo

where's the mystery in that, we go on a mystery cruise and end up at mt tamborine, evo7 is not organising it.

I think a treasure hunt is a good idea if there is no first back wins, some of the questions need to be of a technical nature to catch out people.

I think we shoot for an Easter cruise, January is too soon, need to get some quality numbers, and these things take some organising.

I notice your car is still looking dirty in your Avatar evo7.

whitestivo

Another good idea what me and my mate used to do, go for a 'mystery' cruise.

Basically, you meet up somewhere and then just drive to wherever you want to go... usually mt tamborine is a good run

Evo

:lol: x2... I see no mystery in that Evo7.. more like you would call it a Cruise to Point X... meaning random places.

Sorry guys and girls that i could not attend yesterday's cruise. I was too hung over to drive LOL... had too much fun clubbing and pubbing on Saturday night :P

heh let's hope I have a new car for next cruise

First, we need to establish how many people are going. No point organising if only 2 or 3 others turn up.

I was thinking of a group treasure cruise, where the organiser sets up a trail of clues and the whole group then goes after the trail. Obviously, some of the clues/challenges will require teamwork to make it challenging.

Should we also include non-forum members or members of other forums?

• 2 weeks later...