Clutch gone!

Wanju

hey guys...

My clutch is officially gone! The odd thing is, it jsut went straigh away out of no where? Is that normal? Because just about 3 weeks ago my brother car (s2k) needed clutch replacement as well, but it gradually got worse and worse until it hit a stage where he couldnt drive it.

Either way, it has to be replaced. Was jsut wondering if anyone knows somewhere relatively cheap that puts in a decent brand clutch and that is RELIABLE?

And how much would I be looking at?

Thanks!

haha bring it to my shop ill do it cheapish lol! well my boss will work out a price roughly 8 hours labour at 60 bucks plus a clutch should come in under a grand

That would be sweet. Where is the shop located though? And do you guys arrange towing services?

damn, you must ride your clutch alot - my friends car just got a new clutch for the first time ever and his car has done 140,000kms LOL shrugs

To be honest I went twisties cruise with a few friends the other night... mmmmmm next thing I know my clutch is gone....

:help:

I have no idea why :whistling:

I understand that you may not be able to drive over 30km because of the clutch had no grip, but you can revs the engine with any gear without the engine stall...eg. you may rev the engine up to 5000rpm in first gear but the car is not going...

because he said he can't revs past 1500rpm so I think may be something else was wrong with his car

usually when someone is talking about not being able to drive over 1500rpm when they have a clutch problem, it's because if they try to use more than 1500rpm the clutch lets go and the rev's flare out causing even more damage to the clutch plate/pressure plate/flywheel.

that labour time sounds right for a workshop clutch change on the ZZE, you dont have to drop the whole subframe to get the box out as toyota were smart enough to have a subframe notch big enough so the diff housing can clear as you pull the box off the motor.

Edited by rollamods

i spoke to my boss about doing the clutch after we priced up the parts the clutch was about $650 and he put 7 hours labour on at $78 an hour think it worked out about $1200 which is in my opinion pretty steep so id say youll get it done cheaper than that for sure haha! and my boss wonders why we dont get much work

lubemobile will do it for you around $700 - 800 materials and labour.. ultra tune will do it the same.....shop around buy your own clutch....ebay sells it for around $150 heavy duty....technically if your paying $60/hr it should only take 4hours max....total $150 + 240 + oil, and if ur car has done more than 100k, change the seals, not sure which one which cost $40 all up not more $400

theres no way they could do that sportivo clutches arent cheap trade price was about 450 that was the best price i could get on a pbr clutch

a normal 1zz clutch was round the 200 odd mark

Edited by T.J

theres no way they could do that sportivo clutches arent cheap trade price was about 450 that was the best price i could get on a pbr clutch

You got ripped off. 1zz and 2zz use exactly the same clutch plate and pressure plate in the aftermarket kits, only difference is the throwout bearing depending on what fork you use, and that usually has a $20 difference between the nachi and NSK bearings.

Check out the cross reference between 1zz and 2zz here: http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_clutch.html

I can tell you now the 1zz and 2zz clutch assemblies I have in my shed interchange between the 1zz and 2zz flywheels I've got.

The 2zz pressure plate design varies between the JDM and South African built cars, as does the clutch disc slightly, but still completely interchangable. I've posted pics of them all side-by side before.

You got ripped off. 1zz and 2zz use exactly the same clutch plate and pressure plate in the aftermarket kits, only difference is the throwout bearing depending on what fork you use, and that usually has a $20 difference between the nachi and NSK bearings.

Check out the cross reference between 1zz and 2zz here: http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_clutch.html

I can tell you now the 1zz and 2zz clutch assemblies I have in my shed interchange between the 1zz and 2zz flywheels I've got.

The 2zz pressure plate design varies between the JDM and South African built cars, as does the clutch disc slightly, but still completely interchangable. I've posted pics of them all side-by side before.

thats the prices i got from repco.........they are a bit special seeing as they can never give me the right parts