What Petrol do you guys use on the Camrys?

Danny01

I use additives all the time... normall I get Nulon's Total System Cleaner... costs around 20-22 bucks from SuperCheap or the like.

I get my car serviced every 5k, and I add one of these every 5k... depending. I put one in only yesterday. You'll notice that it runs slightly smoother, but don't bother adding it unless you wanna put in 98 octane for the whole tank or two.

If you wanna clean your injectors, get the Nulon injector cleaner and run the car down to almost empty... head to the servo, add the additive to the fuel, and pump in some Shell V-Power. Over the next day or two the engine normally feels jumpy and sputters out the back... I was told that the additive and better fuel were removing the deposits from the injector area or thereabouts... 2 days later, she was working beautifully.

If you wanna clean your injectors, get the Nulon injector cleaner and run the car down to almost empty... head to the servo, add the additive to the fuel, and pump in some Shell V-Power. Over the next day or two the engine normally feels jumpy and sputters out the back... I was told that the additive and better fuel were removing the deposits from the injector area or thereabouts... 2 days later, she was working beautifully.

thats the thing with additives in my opinion, i dont know for sure if they work, and alot of these things are like a placebo effect, or it may actually be factual. similar to other additives like Nulon E10/20/30 engine treatments, people say their rolling resistance decreases after 1 treatment, but that could easily be the air temperature of the tyres at optimal, or they are rolling down a hill where the road is super fine.

i was told (on tocau anyway) that the best way to clean your injectors would be to bring it to service and actually get someone to clean it physically.

i tried a bottle of injector cleaner with vpower and felt, well, nothing. maybe its the constant use of vpower, or...

Hi Guys

I have a Toyota Camry Vienta Ultima 95 model Camry, I have been advised to use Premium Unleaded (95) because it will be better for it and better preformance and will get more km

Is this true?

What do you use?

I only ever use Premium unleaded - car runs better & MANY more Klms per tank. (about 50 klms + more than standard unleaded.)

(Also, premium is SUPPOSSEDLY free of Ethanol. I don't have a problem with Ethanol per se - molasses alchohol hs it's uses, but my car isn't set up for it.)

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys

I have a Toyota Camry Vienta Ultima 95 model Camry, I have been advised to use Premium Unleaded (95) because it will be better for it and better preformance and will get more km

Is this true?

What do you use?

Hey dude,

I filled my car up with shell V power (98RON), added a bottle of Valvoline injector cleaner to the tank,

then took it to my mechanic for its annual tune up.

I asked him if there was a way for him to tune it to make it more economical with this fuel,

He managed to do it, since then, I'm getting about 600+kms per tank around the city.

I have the over drive on, this seems to let the car run more freely when you are not accellerating.

I also have the ECT button depressed, not sure if that really helps but its suppose to.

I have also been experimenting with a higher tyre pressure of 36psi all round,

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Cheers,

TORQUE

FYI - Overdrive is essentially 4th gear... ECT/PWR is a button that when in PWR mode it won't shift gears til the revs are higher (sucks up fuel a bit more though)

Shell V Power... awesome stuff :)

Yeah I think overdrive has to do with the 4th gear coming from the diff.

not sure how it works, somebody tried to explain it in detail, but it was boring.

So with the ECT button, I assume you are saying, when depressed & the light is on the dash board,

that it is sucking up more fuel?

I couldnt find it in the manual & thought it had to do with economy.

D'oh.

Ta,

torque.

Yeah... I guess they mean "Economy" because you're not riding the gears out as long and not using as much fuel... car uses more fuel when it's working more. That's my theory anyway - so far so good LOL!!

Ay Hectic,

I had a friend of mine use the Shell V Power Racing (100 octane) and the engine wasn't able to burn it off as quickly (This is will aka 94camry)... not sure about 98 though. Give it a couple of tanks of 98 octane and see how it goes. I remember being behind him on an AC/TOCAU Cruise and I was gaggin on the bloody fumes!

At the end of the day, you do what YOU WANT with your own car. Each person has their own way on cleaning/maintaining.

What I give on here is my own advice on what I've done to my car. It works for me and that's what matters. I can only pass on what works for me and hopefully someone gets the same result. Each engine's different (even if it's the same model)

Also, you may only fill from 91 to 98 once and notice nothing, that can be because of quite a few reasons.

The most effective way that I can see...

Change fuel filter (makes huge difference), Nulon Total System Cleaner in a full tank of 98 octane... 2 tanks later, try Nulon Injector Cleaner with 98 octane... engine was quite rough (exhaust was sputtering etc), mechanic told me that the carbon deposits were being burnt off... would go after 1-2 days, which it did.

I get more mileage, car runs more smoother... can't ask for much else :)

... Supercharger would be nice though :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

93 2.2l camry-i run 95 or 98 octane fuel. i find that 91octane, e10, and the independant fuel stations(liberty, united, ifs,freedom etc) gum up injectors and run irratic,also gums up the air-idle motor etc, my mates car(ford falcon) does the same, and in carby'd cars makes them lag severly. my opinion-comes down to cost ,performance and how much u respect ur cars. laters