What Petrol do you guys use on the Camrys?

Danny01

this was in the the camry forums in other threads.

it keeps coming up monthly or something, can we get a sticky on the appropriate thread?

fuel seems to be what everyone whats to know.

if u did a forum search, alot of people here use 98. some 95 and only if they have a pre93 or 91 camry they use 91ron.

the difference between the different 98 is up to your OWN engine (or your mind) to decide, not us.

ive been using vpower for 1year now.

the difference between the different 98 is up to your OWN engine (or your mind) to decide, not us.

exactly. what one car will run very well on, another may not even if it is the same engine.

my advise is to play around with different RON rating fuels, and see which one gets the best fuel economy and power for your car.

for mine, v-power does an excellent job with getting 500km+ per tank of city driving.

Ive just been using shell unleaded lol and i filled up 50$ and ive got over 500km out of it. But my car is the same as yours Mentok my car chews the E10 stuff, where as my dads avalon loves it so it just depends on your car and the way you drive,as shown on top gear last night.

Hi Guys

I have a Toyota Camry Vienta Ultima 95 model Camry, I have been advised to use Premium Unleaded (95) because it will be better for it and better preformance and will get more km

Is this true?

What do you use?

I have a 93 wide body. I changed to vortex 95, because my car was running rough and using too much fuel and I was told premium helps clean injectors. My petrol consumption gradually went from 8-9 ks per litre to 12.67, over four tanks of premium, so the extra 8 cents per litre saves me heaps. Work out your consumption now, and see how (if) it changes over a few tanks of premium.

The V6s love decent fuel. Considering 95 Oct from Shell is under $1 a litre, I'm gonna run the petrol right down and chuck in some Vpower. I find Vpower is by far the best for my engine. I used it for 2 years straight until the fuel prices went through the roof.

Regardless of what others may say - I can notice a difference between average fuel and good fuel.

• 3 weeks later...

E10 runs alright in my 1mz. I dont use it to often cause i think there is like 1 or 2 stations in the whole Cairns that carries E10 and there all on the north side, where im on the south.

I find the BP ultimate a tad more effective over the V-Power in the camry. But the opposite for the sky

line
V-Power over the Ultimate.

and then theres the caltex stuff....98 vortex or something. My car does not like it one bit. after using it my car felt so sluggish. But then a mates Gen 3 V6 loves it :blink:

ehh you might have to go and try a few and see how you go.

I believe E10 might run sluggish on most cars, because it's half-cleaning the fuel tank and engine (injectors and stuff). Because Ethanol is a form of alcohol in some respect, it has some kind of cleaning effect (can't remember the terminology, but I believe this is why).

You'd really need to try each one for yourself, but you prob won't get the full whack off that type of fuel if you mix it with others. Each brand uses different additives. I've filled up with a couple of others, but I don't like any of em except Shell. If you make sure your fuel system's clean, and run a decent fuel, you should be runnin beautifully. A new fuel filter wouldn't hurt though :)

I used to use regular unleaded which I think is 93ron.

Since petrol prices have come down I've been using premium 98ron.

It's a 4cyl 2004 camry, so I don't think I'm getting the full benefit of 98ron but I am definitely noticing a lot more responsiveness compared to the regular petrol.

If (when) prices go up again, I'll be back on the regular fuel :(

I used to use regular unleaded which I think is 93ron.

Since petrol prices have come down I've been using premium 98ron.

It's a 4cyl 2004 camry, so I don't think I'm getting the full benefit of 98ron but I am definitely noticing a lot more responsiveness compared to the regular petrol.

If (when) prices go up again, I'll be back on the regular fuel :(

What petrol would you use on a 1990 camry 3SFE engine? it has sloght mods to it like pod,new plugs,leads and dizzy cap. I will be putting on extractors,high flow cataylic convertor,cannon muffler and cole air intake. Would make a difference in petrol i would have to use. As i am looking more towards the perfoamance side of things.

Mobil, BP or at the very least Shell Premium 98. Caltex 98 for some unknown reason makes my car knock and stutter so I have to stay clear of it. This happened twice from 2 different caltex stations. :( .

93 octane = kaboom for me lol

Edited by STYLSH

• 3 weeks later...

I stick regular unleaded in mine ... on a trip to Philip Island and back with the air conditioner running, I managed to get just over 7L/100km :) I've tried 95 PULP before, but frankly couldn't notice a difference ... unless I need to nearly empty the tank? I normally refuel once a week - it's normally about half-full then.

I rang RACV Technical Advice about E10 and was advised that if anything the car should run better because of the higher octane compared with unleaded. I'm on my first tank and the car 2000 V6 runs beautifully, but was doing so on unleaded also. Happy to get cheaper fuel, but it seems Safeways have yet to offer E10 in Victoria. When taking delivery of the car on Christmas Eve, it delivered 7.9 litres per 100 km on unleaded between Geelong and Ferntree Gully in mainly freeway driving using the cruise control. I've since put nitrogen in the tyres hoping that the more stable pressures it gives will also be beneficial to performance and economy.

I rang RACV Technical Advice about E10 and was advised that if anything the car should run better because of the higher octane compared with unleaded. I'm on my first tank and the car 2000 V6 runs beautifully, but was doing so on unleaded also. Happy to get cheaper fuel, but it seems Safeways have yet to offer E10 in Victoria. When taking delivery of the car on Christmas Eve, it delivered 7.9 litres per 100 km on unleaded between Geelong and Ferntree Gully in mainly freeway driving using the cruise control. I've since put nitrogen in the tyres hoping that the more stable pressures it gives will also be beneficial to performance and economy.

errr, mmm.

e10 might be 4cents cheaper but it cancels off as it produces and gives your car less energy than normal 91ron. sounds like the advice from racv tech was just from a normal bloke answering the call. most of the time they just get randoms to answer the call, or someone with a very broad trade background.

ron98 saves you more money in the very long run in terms in not only kms (if driven lightly), but also the overall engine compartments.

normal ct driving will take that 7.9 back up to 10 very soon. everyone saves with freeway driving.

I have a 1996 2.2L Camry and nearly always stick to regular 91 RON fuel , usually from Shell.

I don't see the point of filling with 95 RON or 98 RON fuel other than maybe a couple of times a year so as to help clean out the fuel system a bit , and when I have done this , I have't really noticed any difference in improved fuel economy.

A couple of times a year I also like to add a fuel additive to help clean out the fuel system and injectors etc, such as Nulon or one of the Wynns products.

Anyone else bother doing this ?

Also , a little while ago , I think in the Herald Sun there was a story about E10 fuel where they did a test and found that they weren't getting as much mileage out of the E10 fuel as with regular 91 RON unleaded.

Also , a little while ago , I think in the Herald Sun there was a story about E10 fuel where they did a test and found that they weren't getting as much mileage out of the E10 fuel as with regular 91 RON unleaded.

yup, must be the same one i saw years ago when they published that e10 gave a car less kilojoules (i dont know what measurement they used) of energy than normal unleaded, even with the "power boost to 93ron.