Motor mount insert help...

and1

Alright guys got my Energy Susp. motor mount inserts today and was wondering what is required to DIY?

A step by step guide would be helpful.

guni and bks I'm looking your way as you guys have had them put in recently.

Any help would be good.

Cheers

Andy

1) Drive your car to a mechanic

2) Wait about 2 hour max and read mag (preferably fast fours at page 80 something aparently O.o) whilst the mechanic put them on.

3) 2 hours later, pay your guy and enjoy the whole new vibrations that the mounts has put upon you (not to mention power).

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You'll love and hate them at the same time. Now, I've just grown to love the hate or just got use to it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi There....

Guni is right on it with this one...

its def DIY'able... but really its a pain in the asss if you dont have ALL the right tools, and jacks.. etc etc.

front mount is supposedbly the easier of the two mounts... and the rear mount.. unless you have Asian Ninja Fingers/wrists/hands you'll be dropping the sub frame.

i'd seriously just go to your local friendly mechanic... (the one you go to for advise that wont fvck you over) and ask him nicely, if he can put them in for you for cheap...

Ask him if you can watch what he's doing so you can learn about your car... Mech's get enthused by this... well mine do anyways.

Take a Box of beer, or ask them if they can do it off the books for cash in hand rates...

if your dead keen on putting the mounts in yourself... have a read of some matrixowners.com threads.

good luck with it.. and once your used to the added vibrations... you wont look back... I swear it.

BKS.

Observation: If you look carefully at the pics Guni has put up, you will notice that the bracket for the engine damper (enjindanpa :rolleyes:) forms the right hand side clamp bracket for the C-One strut brace. Really handy if you have the C-One strubrace, otherwise one would need to grind off any obstruction for a Whiteline for instance.

I'd be prepared to get this based on what I know of them for Mazdas. Unfortunately I can only find them sold on foreign websites. :blink:

Gav.

EDIT: Any idea if the damper will fit under the engine cover?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Received the mounts today from the US! And1 did you end up doing it yourself? or get a mech? (install cost?)

Hey mate. Haven't got them in yet :( . I'm thinking of probably putting them in when I do my clutch/fly.

Its pretty hard to DIY so I'm gonna let someone do it.

Btw does anyone know of a place in WA that could get them in without stating that the whole mount would have to come out? Everyone I ask to install them give me a quizzical look as if they have never seen inserts before? Does anyone know who Angelo's mech was?