3SGTE SPORTIVO

paps

If Bill(xoom) cant get 250 horsies to stick to the floor on a 2ZZGTE, how are you planning on getting traction from a 3SGTE?

The weight of the 3sgte compared to the 2zz might help. Plus oversized street radials and good lsd.

If your really interested in the conversion and have deep deep DEEP pockets. Then take a look at fensport corolla + fensport celica + 3sgte celica (fwd) on newcelica. But hey, out of the 100 people that say they want to do a 3stge swap, 99 of them won't.

Newcelica username: JMS003

18208jms.jpg

18208jms2.jpg

Newcelica username: adrian4wd

18208celi1-med.jpg

18208celicaexhaust.jpg

18208celicaatsantapod-med.jpg

18208celicarollcage.jpg

Turboing the 2zz is a much smarter idea. 400hp is acheivable and be plenty for fwd car that weigh 1100-1200kg.

Oh yeh... and there's that hideous 3sgte pikes peak celica.

a stock gen2 3sgte usually puts down 140-150kw atw. That's only about 100kw less than Bill

thats boring power. id rather have more fun with a lightly modified 2zz-ge.

if ur going 3sgte, boost that bich up.

id love to see a 3sgte in a corolla pushing 220kw+ atw.

btw, my previous post was wrong about bills car having 250hp, its actually 250 kws which is equivalent to about 325 hp off the top of my head.

yeah see iv thought of the weight factor of the 3sgte in the rolla.. but man its not gona stay stock!!... this little F**ka is gona be very very quick..!! but thing is now the more and more i think bout it .. its gona take a crap load of cash to get it in !

but thanks alot for all ur help boys ur realy helpin me out here :spiteful:

a stock gen2 3sgte usually puts down 140-150kw atw. That's only about 100kw less than Bill

btw, my previous post was wrong about bills car having 250hp, its actually 250 kws which is equivalent to about 325 hp off the top of my head.

Yeah get it right next time :P :P :P :P .... and its 335WHP :P :P :P :P :P

Yeah get it right next time :P :P :P :P .... and its 335WHP :P :P :P :P :P

332.98hp to be exact Bill.. :P

lol close enough fella's. Atleast i dont do no fancy calculations, only in ma head! :rolleyes:

muahaha

PAPS - get that motor in there ASAP. boost it up to 250kwatw.

Lets see the 2zzgte - 3sgte comparison. 1/4 results/ circuit results etc.

in my dreams i will see all of this.

i think the 3sgte will win every time somethin bout cast iron its heavy yes but its also very good at holdin every thin together n unlike the 2zz that u have to resleve the bores in addition to the pistons n rods the 3s cylinder linings r rock sold as they r and if i could have been bothered to put a 3s in my rolla i would have as the is no substitute for cubes but my 1.6 4ag with 252hp atw will do me

i think the 3sgte will win every time somethin bout cast iron its heavy yes but its also very good at holdin every thin together n unlike the 2zz that u have to resleve the bores in addition to the pistons n rods the 3s cylinder linings r rock sold as they r and if i could have been bothered to put a 3s in my rolla i would have as the is no substitute for cubes but my 1.6 4ag with 252hp atw will do me

Id prefer the 3S-GTE aswell, ONLY because the 2ZZ-GE was initialy made for N/A use.

Not that im saying they are crap motors when you put a turbo on them, but they would need rebuilding from ground up like Bill has done. Respect for the man!

The sleeving is only required due to the fact that you need to change the pistons, not for any strength reasons. Otherwise there is very little wrong with the 2zz for turbo use, the rods are strong and the head flows well.