Seat Belt Extenders

Jolyon

Hi All,

My first real post. I've just been blessed with a little baby girl - who has a older brother and sister and the main reason I got our kluger. The trouble is it's pain the the **** to fit 2 car seats and a booster in, when I can't use the rear row of seats due to the pram & stuff. The 2 car seats have to go on the each side due to their width, which leaves little room in the middle, enough for only the thinest of booster seats. The issue is that when using the booster the seat belt clips cannot be reached easily, and near impossible. I tracked down seat belt extensions made by Hemco, however they failed to fit the middle seat due to the clips being different (bumps on the side I think). Any idea's would be greatly apprieciated, including booster seats with incorporated harnesess if they are available.

Cheers

Jolyon

Welcome!

Have a look on eBay. I saw some there a while back. I have same problem - leaning over to put seatbelt on booster seat is a pain. I haven't got around to buying an extender yet so can't say if ones on ebay fit or not.

Edited by PaulG

• 2 years later...

I bought one for little one to use on 3rd row so he can operate it by himself. It cost me around $25 delivered from eBay. Not sure how many different types. But the seller had huge range and was happy to supply anykind of extender. It would be worth checking eBay.

• 3 weeks later...

OK. So I managed to get one from Ballarat. Handy because I was up there the other weekend. The one I got was $35 and the woman was extremely helpful.

The one I got (although they say it won't) fits all seats including the 2nd row centre! Woohooo. :yahoo: This is for the current model Kluger (From November 2010)

I am also getting another one made up through them to fit another car that everyone has said I won't get one for. What a gem!

http://peterstapletonptyltd.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=9772302

Edited by Nugget

• 7 months later...

Kluger Seat Belt Extender

Does not fit the centre seat belt in Klugers 2003-2009

Do this quick exersize

take the outside seat belt and plug it into the centre buckle

Does it fit?

then take the centre seat belt and plug it into the outside seating position buckle

Does it fit?

You need to check both ends, one end might do up but the other end might not

therefore a seat belt extender wont work.

If it does not fit then a Kluger seat belt extender will not fit the centre belt

For more help with this see Facebook - Seat Belt Extenders Australia

A whole new range of extenders are coming in Jan/Feb 2012 for updates like the Facebook page.