bluetooth problem in current rav4

nerdygirl

i have noticed that in using the bluetooth for your mobile phone in the rav, that whoever you are talking to can't really hear you very well. so when i recently took my car in for its 10,000 km service at motorama, i asked them about it.

and... they said that if you go in and complain then you will eventually get one of the new head units which are coming out which supposedly have this problem fixed! so there you go, rush to your dealer and mention the problem and see what happens...

cheers,

nerdy.

I did and as usual they couldn't find a problem. First told me that the unit not compatible with my phone (iPhone), so I told them that I've tried 5 different brands and all of them had issues. So they test the unit and told me to " check microphone volume on my phone " :rolleyes: I've asked them where they seen such a phone? What a idiots!!! I told them to call toyota and ask if they dont know what to do and they said that they cant do it I have to do it myself. Joke of the day. I guess I have to spend money and get proper head unit to sort this out :angry:

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Edited by Slon

• 4 months later...

I got the exact same problem... I'm currently having it out with Toyota now about it and also that the radio reception is ***** house.. Intermitently the radio has bad static through it on one particular station..

Toyota's responses for these issues are

Bluetooth - put the phone behind the front seats or in the boot!!!!!

Radio Static - The radio meets all specifications and its a weak signal... Mean while its only this brand of radio doing it and its a AUStereo radion station so they are pretty big and there signal is fine...

Either way they have brushed us and won't pursue the problem... and it ****** me off....

Surely other people have this problem too..

I got the exact same problem... I'm currently having it out with Toyota now about it and also that the radio reception is ***** house.. Intermitently the radio has bad static through it on one particular station..

Toyota's responses for these issues are

Bluetooth - put the phone behind the front seats or in the boot!!!!!

Radio Static - The radio meets all specifications and its a weak signal... Mean while its only this brand of radio doing it and its a AUStereo radion station so they are pretty big and there signal is fine...

Either way they have brushed us and won't pursue the problem... and it ****** me off....

Surely other people have this problem too..

Hi

look at this link my help you

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97276