getting the best from your stivo

anferne

hey guys there is all this talk around about "knowing how to drive a stivo" aka the mission impossible

iv been driving manual for 2 weeks now and the stivo is my first manual car. (and id say im doing alright)

by this do people mean landing in lift? its not a bloody f1 car. its a toyota corolla. whats all the talk about ?

i wish i had a name to direct this too but cbf researching the forums now.... you know who you are................ :)

Edited by anferne

its common knowledge that the 2zzge makes all its power up in the top of the rev range... and "landing in lift" denotes when you can shift gears and not fall out of the high cam... .ie: not below 6200rpm.

1st - 2nd shifting in lift isnt all that easy for everyone, as the gearbox/clutch that comes stock with the Sportivo isnt awesome.

i dont think anyone ever said it was "mission impossible" but the gear box is more finicky than every other manual gearbox i have driven.

yer true it is pretty finicky.

i was just hoping someone would tell me there a special cluctch point where i can get a bonus 50kw or someting, :)

If you want 50kw gain, you might have to put at least 2 TRD stickers on your car, seeing how 1 TRD sticker = 20kw :lol: jks :P

Evo

very very very very simple ..... Apexi Power FC (or v-manage/e-manage/stock ecu ..... if u wanna run 3 little boxes with interesting wiring ;) lol looks @ BKS ) ..... lift = 5600rpms - 8400rpms (or 5100 - 8500 in built mode ;) )..... then u can granny shift and still make lift on every shift

and yes i could do it before installing the apexi ..... just took a bit of practice ;) ;) ;)

Lol, landing in lift. Its when you redline 1st gear and shift so fast, that when you slam it into 2nd, and drop the clutch, the revs are sitting in the Lift range.

All that = wheelspin and abit of a faster straight line time.

So you're wheelspinning, which is losing traction, yet you can still go faster somehow?

The ideal shift point from 1st to 2nd is 7,600 / 7,800 rpm. You land below the lift range yes, however the torque at 5,600 / 5,800 rpm pushes the car faster, and you end up in the hi-cam range without noticing anything.

This was advice given by someone who actually races 2zz's.