Edited by doriae86

hit the dyno today

141.1hp

not bad, attended the dyno with a few of my honda mates

for comparision purposes a modded b16a did 118hp

stock b18cr integra type r did 130

modded b18's ranged from 140-150 - so im pretty happy

s2k did 170ish :)

Good figures for not much engine work done B)

the car looks good :P

Evo

both cars, same dyno, same day! otherwise shut the **** up you retards, seriously

i went to special effort to list what some of the other cars pulled to put the power into perspective, and still the stupid comments arrive!

Edited by doriae86

both cars, same dyno, same day! otherwise shut the **** up you retards, seriously

i went to special effort to list what some of the other cars pulled to put the power into perspective, and still the stupid comments arrive!

dw bout BKS he is well known for that big head he has got...

IF someone is happy with their 141hp then let them be? if you got a statement to make then make it .. dont just AND?????

Good work there dorie, should rly organise a meet sometime soon :).. bring a surfboard on that roof rack! it'd look sick :P

ive had enough modified cars to know that dynos are just tuning tools, using readings of different dynos as a comparitive tool for different cars. . . retarded.

i think the car made good power when compared to the other cars on the dyno at the same day.

but hay, im sure your 2zz's are making the same power as the 170hp s2k - coz the different dynos said it was true . . . LoL

will catch up with the perth krew sometime. the roof racks give mad downforce yo!

Edited by doriae86

IF someone is happy with their 141hp then let them be? if you got a statement to make then make it .. dont just AND?????

Good work there dorie, should rly organise a meet sometime soon :).. bring a surfboard on that roof rack! it'd look sick :P

as far as my comment goes... sorry bout that.. was well wasted....

make ccomparisons with other stivo's on the day... no point comparing it to a Honda, or any other car.

dyno's need to be accurate as possible.... and if they arent... then why bother posting power figures at all.

EDIT. so tired... i need to read

we had 10 cars, so the price was 40 bucks each.

the dyno does read low, a r34 gtt with 3037 turbo made 380rwhp elsewhere and did 335 yesterday.

BKS - i actually just attended the dyno day to make up the numbers for my mate, but thought it useful to note that the 2zz was putting out similar numbers to the mighty b18cr with similar mods on the day.

the topic title 141hp of fury was actually a shot at sarcasm, ive owned many a faster car in my time, the corolla is my idea of settling down. haha

anyway -im more than happy to attend the dyno with other stivo owners if they would like to compare like for like.

Edited by doriae86

make ccomparisons with other stivo's on the day... no point comparing it to a Honda, or any other car.

dyno's need to be accurate as possible.... and if they arent... then why bother posting power figures at all.

BIG APOLOGY... take back what i said.... period..

ok my apology but i just couldnt stand how you just puts ppl down when they are happy with what they have... maybe i was bit over..

i'll take that back.. but maybe you should watch what you say to other people and perhaps u will find out where i got my comment from in the first place but hey..

did you just threaten me on here??

***** louise.... cant i have an opinion like everyone else?

if i've ****** anyone off... they know where the PM button is... FFS.... quit fighting battles that arent yours to fight, and like i PM'd you... leave the insults off the forum, and shoot me a PM if you want to have a dig at any of my posts.

did you just threaten me on here??

***** louise.... cant i have an opinion like everyone else?

if i've ****** anyone off... they know where the PM button is... FFS.... quit fighting battles that arent yours to fight, and like i PM'd you... leave the insults off the forum, and shoot me a PM if you want to have a dig at any of my posts.

oh gosh.. fine.. check ur pm.. i will take that off then... yawn..

EDIT: cleaned it up abit.. sorry for spamming ur thread doriae :)

good work mate :) although 105kw seems a little low for exhaust and intake....normally see around 108-110 wheel kw from just intake....and upto 117kw for cai and CES exhaust ?

cheers mate

Hey mate......soz if you took it the wrong way.....i know dynos are just a tuning tool, 1/4 mile etc is where the real info comes about......as for my comment i thought it was quite fair and not bagging you out at all.......

i was just stating what i have seen from afew cars getting those same figures off diff dynos.............

Cheers mate, i bet you were fair impressed on the day beating those hondas :) last dyno day we did that i went to i was suprised at the figures the diff hondas were putting out compared to the stivos......and the way their VTEC kicked.....or well didnt really kick at all compared to stivos.....more linear and less abrupt...

doraie

i got no idea what my stivo is putting out, but the real comparisons come comparing on the day like you said. i've never overtaken someone on the track and then come back and say hang on, my dyno said 300hp, you can't be faster than me.. real ppl, real cars, real numbers.

If your keen, the stivo is quick in its category on the track (4cyl), drags aren't so much it's thing. I don't know what tracks you guys got over there, I think barbagello (apologise for spelling) is that way..?

I'm waiting for a dyno session here now to check if my cars leaning out with current mods... just a check over.

whitestivo

shearing your connection is somewhat common, it's the achilles heal of the trd intake. ces got it way better

i have the trd, and was careful with the direction of fit, and so far, 1 year on, all good.

whitestivo

Are you referring to the rubber elbow on the TRD intake? So are they prone to tearing? If so, what can be done to stop it happening, I would have thought with the mounting brackets etc it wouldn't be able to move significantly enough to rip it open, but it looks like I may be wrong :(

I only ask because I saw a photo of a torn one the other day and it got me thinking... Should it happen, where can a replacement be found?

Cheers

doraie

i got no idea what my stivo is putting out, but the real comparisons come comparing on the day like you said. i've never overtaken someone on the track and then come back and say hang on, my dyno said 300hp, you can't be faster than me.. real ppl, real cars, real numbers.

If your keen, the stivo is quick in its category on the track (4cyl), drags aren't so much it's thing. I don't know what tracks you guys got over there, I think barbagello (apologise for spelling) is that way..?

I'm waiting for a dyno session here now to check if my cars leaning out with current mods... just a check over.

whitestivo

dyno's are such a bad thing i mean there good for tuning purposes but thats it the figures on dynos can be up to 80hp off what the car is really putting out.

for instance i had my car dyno'd on 2 different dynos 1 i loved 252fwhp yay me felt slow though went to the other dyno only made 212fwhp but it feels so much faster and linear in it power delievery 40 hp difference from 1 dyno to the next go figure i wish the 2nd tuner did a test run first so i could see if it does make more power