My New Toy

the_random_hero

I finally found what I've been looking for, an incredibly good condition 1974 TA22 Celica. Starts first time, engine has been cammed and worked (from what the previous owner could tell me). Body is incredibly straight for a 35 year old car, only a couple of scratches in the paint. The interior has seen better days, but it's all easy to find and replace so no issues there.

This afternoon I started stripping it out, most of the crap is now gone. Somebody has gone a bit ape**** with missile switches and taped wire going in every which direction, so I'll sort that out tomorrow. I have some incredibly big plans for her, I'll keep you informed :)

l_390948a7df4f47e7b800291d4697bc34.jpg

I started working on her yesterday. First up was getting rid of all the crap inside. This is what's left before I opened the boot and after I'd thrown everything ****ty out.

Crap.jpg

Hello, I can now see some floor under there!

Pre-Clean.jpg

These gauges are fully hektik bro. I hate mechanical gauges, required me to get brass fittings so I could stem the now leaking water and oil galleries.

S1ckbro.jpg

Yeah, this dash has seen better days.

Dash.jpg

Oh, are those Paseo rear seats? Looks like somebody has thrown up on them.

Yummy.jpg

And now the strangely coloured engine bay. I have really no idea what colour this car originally was, the outside matches the chassis under the rear seats, but the doors have yellow overspray. To further confuse things, the bay is maroon, blue and black in different area's.

Bay.jpg

More to come in a few days.

im pretty much drooling over that buy, wish i had that hehehe, and the money....

Put it this way - it cost me less than a weeks pay after tax.

And I'm still earning waaay below the Australian average ;) I'm planning on sinking around $20k into it over a few years though, it's nowhere near a short-term build.

hehe sawweeeet, just love the exterior, stick a large engine and cover the seats with a cover hehe, i gotta look for a second car for a project car, its hard to drive and take apart my car every weekend to fix it hehe, might go for a van, a lcd screen or bathtub hmmmmmm

AND LOOK YOU GOT A FREE BAG, CLOCK AND AN AUX JACK!

hehe sawweeeet, just love the exterior, stick a large engine and cover the seats with a cover hehe, i gotta look for a second car for a project car, its hard to drive and take apart my car every weekend to fix it hehe, might go for a van, a lcd screen or bathtub hmmmmmm

AND LOOK YOU GOT A FREE BAG, CLOCK AND AN AUX JACK!

I know right, I also got $10 in change, assorted cans of food and ten lighters :P Thanks for the comments guys, nice to see other people have similar taste in cars to me :)

I've had a little bit of progress, interior is currently getting nice and stripped.

Rusty.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From the title of your thread i had an idea you were talking about a ta22!

sorry to see your not going through with it.

im sure you will find someone to take over the project,

otherwise put me down for the carby, rooflining and carpet.

door trims look interesting too,

thanks, Enri.

any chance of a 13b engine swap ? lol

If you wanna buy it ;)

awwww, was looking forward to see it, and whos going to do my exhaust system now? awwwwww

I'm still going to be here for around 6 months, plenty of time to get your exhaust done :)

Edited by the_random_hero