brake rotor upgrade

reyt32

hey guys my name is ray and owns a ae112r corolla conquest. soon i will be changing my front brake pads and while i am on the process of changing it i might as well upgrade my rotors into slotted or a cross drilled or a combination of both using DBA rotors.

did anybody have any experience in using those mentioned rotors or any suggestion which is the best. i may also add that if i used this rotors ,do a OEM brake pads will work out fine on this rotors or do i have to upgrade the pads too. any brake pads brand you can suggest.

last but not the least, i am also looking for a tower strut brace. i already have a quote from whiteline but i am still looking for some other suppliers. do you have any recommendation or web site that i could visit.

tanx, hoping to hear from soon guys

ray

i have been doin gsome research into this as well and was advised against getting drilled (unless only for street/show) it is kinda for asthetics slotted is good as cleans the brake pads. dba are good but unfortunatley do not make rotors for the sportivo but you will be in luck for your car. steve from dba and other brake people i have talked to strongly reccommend running in the rotors with old or already used pads as well to bed them and then upgrade pads after that.

you should check out mrtrally brake clinic

steve from dba is a great help

the link is

Mrt brake clinic

hope this helps as it did with me

Edited by influx

strongly reccommend running in the rotors with old or already used pads as well to bed them  and then upgrade pads after that.

Is this something that has to be done with all car replacement rotors?

as i have stated b4 , cross drilled r crap cos the holes fill with bits of pad and when they heat up they can crack, so if u dont mint pickin **** out of ur discs all the time, by all means get them but personally id go 4 the slotters all th way

Shaohaok has slotted rotors on his Stivo. bought them on his shopping spree in Hong Kong? I think. Look awesome and work awesome as well.

Shaohaok has slotted rotors on his Stivo. bought them on his shopping spree in Hong Kong? I think. Look awesome and work awesome as well.

Yeh.. It was shaohaok.. It was a shopping spree in singapore. He went crazy :lol: