ZRE152R Headlights

KevO

anyone ?

Do you have the manual? Take off the plastic cooling panel from the front then you can get to the back of the headlight unit .Left side you take off the small air intake pipe to make room.Its all in the book.

yeah ive looked in the manual already, it does tell you how to do it, but all the access points are so tight, i can barely fit my hand through. ive already taken off the plastic cover. i dont even know which cable to pull out to change the parker.

anyone in sydney can help out face to face ?

yeah ive looked in the manual already, it does tell you how to do it, but all the access points are so tight, i can barely fit my hand through. ive already taken off the plastic cover. i dont even know which cable to pull out to change the parker.

anyone in sydney can help out face to face ?

Yeah not much room down there.Think it the brown plug.Jiggle it and see if bulb moves so you know which one.. Wait till you do number plate lights.Worse

yeah that was next on the list after the parkers...

need help for both, i dont wanna go to the mechanics to get them fitted and having them charge me for it. maybe someone whos done this to their zre can help me. and apparently you have to remove the front bar to fit the bulbs in for the aurion. hope it doesnt come to that...

if you can get a good grab on the wiring just after the brown thing that holds the parkers, you can twist the wires a little, and it should pop out... well thats how i did it .... but the number plate lights, are sooo much worse, i kept trying, till i could actually not lift a screw driver anymore :P. if there is a trick, please let me now.

i changed my parkers awhile ago and it was quite a pain to replace. The driver side you should be able undo without too much problems simply with twisting and removing it out. As for the passenger side unclip the plastic induction pipe but don't pull it out, just push it on aside then you should be able to fit your hand behind the head light. I scratched up my hand alot replacing them.

another reason 4 u to come out 2 the meet ...... bring the bulbs with you and we should be able to sort it out ........ if its anything like the zze rolla's no tool needed just some little hands ..... lol

and bring ur manual just to make sure we r doing it right .... ofcourse ill read that after ive tried unsuccessfully ..... hahahahahaha

• 8 months later...

Thought I might revive this.

As some may know, I added fog lights to my Ascent ZRE. They look great but they are bright white in colour, as opposed to the headlights which were more yellow. I ordered new headlight bulbs, and they arrived today. Installed them no problem. Great, the lights are the same colour :D.

Except:

The parkers are still a yellow, which is even more pronounced now - against the bright white of the headlights.

So, does anyone know the type of bulb that are the parkers. I'll go out to the car in about 10mins to check the book, but thought I'd ask here anyway :P.

Secondly, when is the next meet in NSW where I might be able to get someone to give me a hand. It looks really really tight in there..

Pete mentioned a monthly meet that happens somewhere, just want to know where/when that is.

yeah , the parkers are T10 bulb

Find them on ebay ... there is a lot of them for less than 10 bucks a pair.

White Led light is legal and what you are looking for, however i install mine blue Led lights...

I am lucky not get pulled from that but i also prepared OEM yellow one in my grove box and once i was pulled by cop, i would have say....give me 3 minutes please, i will make it legal for you. ..ha

Not much room in there at all to get to the parker globes and twist the base out, it took me almost 15 minutes per side to get them out and after much cursing and scratches all over my hands, I got them out and replaced them with super bright T10 LED bulbs. The end result is awesome and matches the white fog lights as well.

I got mine from eBay and they arrived from Hong Kong after a week.

HERE they are. Expensive but worth every cent and they last a fair while as well, as I have them on my X-Trail and been using them for over 3 years now.

P.S. I already got in trouble with cops using blue LED parkers in my x-trail, so I wouldn't want to take any chances again. Lucky the cop saw me driving with my wife and kids, so he told me to disconnet them on the spot and let me go ;)

HERE they are. Expensive but worth every cent and they last a fair while as well, as I have them on my X-Trail and been using them for over 3 years now.

about the 25 smd led, they dont fit, bought them a couple of weeks ago, and they broke, while i was trying to fit them in, they wont fit, unless you move everything behind that space away, and make sufficient room for yourself.

about the 25 smd led, they dont fit, bought them a couple of weeks ago, and they broke, while i was trying to fit them in, they wont fit, unless you move everything behind that space away, and make sufficient room for yourself.

They do fit mate and I got them in, you need to know how to insert them exactly and I didn't need to remove anything behind them either.

Correct placement of your hand and fingers is very important when working in such a tight space and I can't say that I have small hands either LOL :)

They make a HUGE difference and that is exactly why I insisted on getting them in. The first attempt failed, so I thought they might a bit too long for the lens, but at the second attempt I started looking through the lens and maneuvered them with my hand and they slotted-in perfectly.

Here are some pics of these excact LEDs in my X-Trail and you can see how bright they're ;)

dscn0910ko1.jpg

Night shot (parkers only)

dscn0934gu1.jpg

• 9 months later...

anyone know where to find some decent headlights as well?

the white led t10 parkers are easy enough to find...but what have people used for headlights?

also..just order in the fog lights through toyota??

Hey mate get ur fog lights from mars Performance (just google them), 180 including shipping from memory, they come with the white bulbs, there are some on ebay which include the black plastic shroud but i'm unsure of the quality. The Mars performance ones are for a sedan but screw directly into the black plastic, maybe get those from Toyota i followed Kenneth's DIY with the stalk, looks much more professional.

I'm currently using Phillips crystal clear 4300k, wont get pulled over by the coppers and look great! they'l match the fog lights from Mars, check out my page to have a look.

Chris