Epic Fail 2k9

pnyk33

thats gold.

but i have a question,

the douch got charged with going to slow, IF he does take it to court, can the judge then impose the proper fines on him (getting Car crushed) but overturn his 200 dollar fine.

the matter in court would be him being wrongfully fined NOT speedin, streetracing, defectable car ect.

actually what constitutes as going too slow???

40mph = 64kmph

55mph = 88kmph

Although going 24kmph slower than the limit I hardly think the guy should be fined since its not ridiculously slow.

I read somewhere a long time ago that it depends on the context, specifically whether the person's slow speed is impeding the normal flow of traffic (at least in Australia). AFAIK, there's no law per se that prohibits excessively slow speed.

this goes a while back, but apparently my mates mum got fined for going slow down westall extension........ about 75km on a 100km road, and she was on the right lane.

actually what constitutes as going too slow???

40mph = 64kmph

55mph = 88kmph

Although going 24kmph slower than the limit I hardly think the guy should be fined since its not ridiculously slow.

I read somewhere a long time ago that it depends on the context, specifically whether the person's slow speed is impeding the normal flow of traffic (at least in Australia). AFAIK, there's no law per se that prohibits excessively slow speed.

not entirely true ..... if u r on a freeway where the limit is 100 and u go out of ur way to drive 50 or less and the cops see you .... unless there is a damn good excuse for it ..... u could be seen as being negligent in the eyes of the law .... so althought they cant book u under the speed branch they can get u via alternative means ...... i have heard that anything slower than 15km/h below the speed limit has merit for the police to pull u over .....

but as has been stated i dont think there is any black and white answer and it would be up to the officer @ the time and their discretion.

this goes a while back, but apparently my mates mum got fined for going slow down westall extension........ about 75km on a 100km road, and she was on the right lane.

Up to and including 80km/h you can be in whatever lane you like. If it's a 100 zone, or there's a sign saying keep left unless overtaking, you can be booked for cruising in the right lanes.

not entirely true ..... if u r on a freeway where the limit is 100 and u go out of ur way to drive 50 or less and the cops see you .... unless there is a damn good excuse for it ..... u could be seen as being negligent in the eyes of the law .... so althought they cant book u under the speed branch they can get u via alternative means ...... i have heard that anything slower than 15km/h below the speed limit has merit for the police to pull u over .....

They might pull you over for blocking traffic or on suspicion of drink driving or something if you're going 50 on the freeway, but it's really up to the officer to determine if any laws have been broken.