Toyota Corolla Levin SX MAJOR Issues

Pauly

Hey guys,

I got my corolla Levin SX Auto in April 2008.

Its been a fine 1st car. No issues, that is until the past couple of months.

Now I must stress that my car is maintained very very well. It is garaged, washed about 3 times a month, Premium Fuel is always used, etc. Im sure you get the idea.

Now The most major issue happened today, but I will show you what I emailed the dealer, and let me know what you think:

The steering wheel is not centred when driving on a straight, flat, level road. (first seen on east link a few months back). It is slighty pulling to the right. Thinking the tire pressure might be off, I went and fixed that, however it persists. Tire pressure is now checked every 2 weeks out of habbit.

The drivers door power window got jammed, and I was unable to make it go down. After pushing down on the button for abit, it slowly went down. Then it seemed to be okay after it went all the way down. However now the motor in the door sounds quite loud compared to the other doors.

The car is an auto, and when I purchased the car the transmission is smooth shifting. Now however, 1st gear seems to be quite rough and jerky when changing to 2nd. This never used to be the case. This also happens once the car has reached normal operating temperature.

Today being the most serious. I filled up with fuel. After coming back after paying to turn my car on. It would not turn on. No starter motor, nothing. I removed the keys for a moment put it back in and the car turned on. However the fuel read outs are now not working. The fuel guage would not go up at all, then after driving for about 1 hour, slowely moved up to the 3/4 mark and stopped (however there is a full tank of fuel in the car).

Ontop of this, the digital read out telling you how many km left of fuel you have did not restart.

So I have no idea how much fuel I am using or have remaining in my tank now.

So what do your guys think? is this normal? I am actually quite surprised all these issues have come up all together in the past few months of owning the car.

Doesnt sound normal at all. Did you buy it new or used? These sound like warranty issues and need to be fixed.. Member here on TOC had a number of problems with his and replaced the whole car..Now has an AURION though and i dont know what was wrong with his Corolla cos it was just before i signed up.. Member is Tofuboi, maybe he could help. Insist they fix these problem.Iam a huge Toyota fan BUT i know once they get your money they dont want to know you..Good luck with it.

i hope u bought it brand new from a dealer because it sounds like u have warranty items written all over it.

head back into toyota and get the dealership to diagnose and fix each problem.

hey guys, it was bought brand new in April 2008.

I placed the order for it in late December 2007, and it arrived in April.

Its my 1st car, saved my ***** off for it. and now im really annoyed that all these issues are happening at JUST 20000KM on the ODO!!!

I have the standard warranty that came with the car.

I thought Toyota built their reputation on building quality cars? seems to be quite the opposite to me?

are these common faults with the Corolla/Auris here and overseas?

Edited by Pauly

• 1 month later...

Yeah dude, i bought mine brand new. Had it for about 6months now and i've had no issues. Definitely chase it up about warranty. If they want to keep a faithful customer they will handle your issues deligently and quickly.

sounds like an unlucky car that must have got built before beer o'clock

my family owns 2 zre's n no issues

i had similar problems plus air con with a fiesta but warranty fixed it

Iam a huge Toyota fan BUT i know once they get your money they dont want to know you.

Don't judge all dealerships on a bad experience you had at one of them. If this car came into where I work, we'd have no problem spending all the time required to take care of his concerns.

~Josh