HELP!!!

pas-q

hey gys.. jst wanted some ideas?

i installed and soldered my after market deck into my car.. as i went to switch on the car..

it wuldnt start and made a clicking noise then the alarm of the car sounded hwever it went off in a sort of low tone sound..

i dc the ACC, batt and ground wires of the deck hwever no change.. i used jump leads to start the car thinkin it may of drained the batt

and again no luck.. the batt i tested and it had full battery.. i think its 2 do wit the alarm sumhow not allowin power to the

motor not quite sure.. hwever any idea on what the prob is and hw to fix it?

btw this is the 3rd deck ive installed in this car.. only diff is this time i took out the -ve terminal of the engine battery and instead of connecting the ground wire of the deck to the ground wire of the car ..i connected it to the metal body of the car via a screw..

Edited by pas-q

anti theft devices tend to ***** me off when im fixing my car (disconecting battery and reconnecting makes it shoot off) if there is a alarm on your car and its installed professionally, normally the switch is next to the fuse box. and some cars may have anti theft devices attached to the head unit

i installed and soldered my after market deck into my car.. as i went to switch on the car..

it wuldnt start and made a clicking noise then the alarm of the car sounded hwever it went off in a sort of low tone sound..

Hi mate, dont know if this will help or not but my mate had the exact same problem the other week after he installed an amp. Same issues, car would click but not always turn over........it would RANDOMLY start every now and again(slightly different issue). He turned off the alarm, changed the batt to a new one,changed the starter motor and same issues. Eventually he took it to an auto elec. and after 2 hrs found that the insulation on two wires going to the ecu actually burnt out and would randomly touch causing the issue..................no problems since.

So maybe double and triple check that you havnt wired anything wrong or accidently burnt any other wiring without realising.