RC Helicopter ??

laurenml

Heya,

I'm about to start helicopter flying (rc) since my man is so into it thought I'd learn and surprise him on his bday in April (hence can't ask him for help nor contact his friends ).. Just wondering if there's anyone on here in CANBERRA/ ANYWHERE that can give me a few pointers on which heli to buy and all that. Be good if you guys have Real Flights (3.5) so we can chat and so you can show off your mad skills while i show you how i crash almost immediately after i begin to hover.

Thanks.

- LT

Hey there,

Buy a big one. LOL. Seriously, buy one with a counter balancing blade on it - not just one blade that spins.

And I'm guessing you know that the official club to fly those things meets on the Monaro hwy, opposite the new jail.

Cheers,

Leroy

Hey there,

Buy a big one. LOL. Seriously, buy one with a counter balancing blade on it - not just one blade that spins.

And I'm guessing you know that the official club to fly those things meets on the Monaro hwy, opposite the new jail.

Cheers,

Leroy

Yeah my man flies out there :P so im avoiding that site as much as possible.. its all a surprise! What do u fly? .. i like the look of the venom night ranger.. ITS GREEN!

the twin axial helis (two sets of blades above each other that sping in opposite directions) are a gazillion time easier to fly because you don't have to worry about tail control but they have very limited in their flying capabilities. If you fly tail rotor helis you'll have to fimiliarise yourself with two types: fixed and collective pitch. Collective pitch gives you the best control and stability but are harder to setup and more expensive to maintain.

I have a T-Rex 450 Electric. It's a collective pitch model. Assuming you fly in Mode1 (most Aussie radios are set up this way) you'll need to learn to use one hand for pitch and the other hand for roll. it will take you a while to get used to it. no amount of explaination will teach you to fly, you'll have to learn by trying it. but i must warn you, it gets expensive. I have not yet had a flying day where something wasn't damaged or broken. I have changed many landing skids, main blades, tail blades, and tail booms.

the twin axial helis (two sets of blades above each other that sping in opposite directions) are a gazillion time easier to fly because you don't have to worry about tail control but they have very limited in their flying capabilities. If you fly tail rotor helis you'll have to fimiliarise yourself with two types: fixed and collective pitch. Collective pitch gives you the best control and stability but are harder to setup and more expensive to maintain.

I have a T-Rex 450 Electric. It's a collective pitch model. Assuming you fly in Mode1 (most Aussie radios are set up this way) you'll need to learn to use one hand for pitch and the other hand for roll. it will take you a while to get used to it. no amount of explaination will teach you to fly, you'll have to learn by trying it. but i must warn you, it gets expensive. I have not yet had a flying day where something wasn't damaged or broken. I have changed many landing skids, main blades, tail blades, and tail booms.

Yeah... only thing is. my current flight simultor is in mode 2. so im more used to it :P apparently mode 1 is easier to fly tough.. ah the headache just doesn't end.

I'm planning to get an Azrech Zulu to start off with. then if it goes as i plan a t-rex 400. i'm not the type of person to sit there and put things together so.. going to get a rtf first off. :) and.. since my current knowledge about rc helis is so bad i have no idea what you're on about BUT thanks for the help!