ANYONE KNOW WERE TO GET TRD ACCESSORIES

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you guys know of any aftermarket dealers in syd or online that sell TRD bits rather then toyota,

eg went to castlehill toyota today for a bit of a look and gear knobs were $70, TRD badges/decals up to $120 and oil caps $40, :o

I think its a liitle over priced myself so if you have any info please post,

thanks in advance :)

I have googled TRD Hong Kong and a store came up, also TRD USA but its about same pricing and then add shipping ends up costing more.. In this photo below i have the oil cap which i bought in Japan when i went and cost about $90..

The small gear knob is from my quickshift i had in my GTi but you can still get these and the cheapest place is AAI Motorsport on ebay which is really BuddyClub at Lidcombe,Just got another one from them,and my favourite cos of the material is the tall black one which cost me $70 about 5 years ago and they are still around that on ebay,and come in white too but cant use it now cos of how my reverse gear is in my car.. So its a trophy now :D

Hope that helped a bit

post-9535-1233216603_thumb.jpg

eg went to castlehill toyota today for a bit of a look and gear knobs were $70, TRD badges/decals up to $120 and oil caps $40, :o

I think its a liitle over priced myself so if you have any info please post,

Did you really expect to pay for less mate?

yep we do .... its called parklea markets or paddy's markets or any other form of markets ..... chances are it will be cheaper ..... and even better chances that its all probably fake ..... but hey u get wat u pay for.

Not Everyone Got A Major In English Like You Hiro! :P Lol

Yeah a lot of ppl think TRD parts/components are expensive (the poor exchange rate just makes it worst) but there is a lot of money spent on their side in terms of R&D, which justifies the cost. :)

You'd think people in marketing and product advertising would have though :P

Haha- exactly. Or people trying to copy someone elses' product - how hard is it to copy words from a box!?!? :o

Yeah a lot of ppl think TRD parts/components are expensive (the poor exchange rate just makes it worst) but there is a lot of money spent on their side in terms of R&D, which justifies the cost. :)

You reckon they spend that much on R&D for oil caps and gear knobs? :rolleyes:

Edited by RoM2nV

Of course they do. Do you think someone just turn up to work one day and come up with that specific shape in one go? There are usually a team of mainly engineers and designers working on a particular product together. May be i am exaggerating a bit for an oil cap or even a gear knob. But, they have to proportionally spread the cost across the entire product range they develop. They must try heaps and heaps of combinations before coming to a shortlist which fulfill functional, safety and aesthetic aspects of the design criteria amongst others...Anyways I can tell you it is so hard to work and synchronise all these ppl together to have a successful product.

Of course they do. Do you think someone just turn up to work one day and come up with that specific shape in one go? There are usually a team of mainly engineers and designers working on a particular product together. May be i am exaggerating a bit for an oil cap or even a gear knob. But, they have to proportionally spread the cost across the entire product range they develop. They must try heaps and heaps of combinations before coming to a shortlist which fulfill functional, safety and aesthetic aspects of the design criteria amongst others...Anyways I can tell you it is so hard to work and synchronise all these ppl together to have a successful product.

I'm pretty sure the gear knob and oil cap are just chosen from a huge variety of already available shapes... given the once over to make sure 'real' enthusiasts will like them, and then sold with the pretty TRD stitching.

Please tell me what is more functional about the TRD gear knob over any other gear knob (especially when the stock knob, according to another thread in here, weighs pretty much the same)... <_<