Lift In The Stivo

TRD CAI works great with an ITG filter. What I ran on my car till I sold it... Touche!

Spillage don't deliberately try to start arguments cause I will end it as will any of the other mods.

Guys...i am currently looking to replace my water pump as i said and guess what the dealer (Le Mans Toyota) told me $250 just for the part and $390.10 to fit it. I almost had a heart attack. :-s Any ideas where to look at and stuff?

Guys...i am currently looking to replace my water pump as i said and guess what the dealer (Le Mans Toyota) told me $250 just for the part and $390.10 to fit it. I almost had a heart attack. :-s Any ideas where to look at and stuff?

Have you confirmed that you are leaking?

Guni i think he is talking about the car :toast:

TRD CAI works great with an ITG filter. What I ran on my car till I sold it... Touche!

Spillage don't deliberately try to start arguments cause I will end it as will any of the other mods.

since when have arguments been against the rules? :unsure:

Guni i think he is talking about the car :toast:

LOL. And that is what I was refering to :rolleyes:

I checked it myself and I cannot see anything dripping out because I know when where the water pump is located...i checked the level of coolant in the radiator as well and it seems fine too because i presume the level would decrease if it was really leaking...so i think i will leave it because i was thinking about it....can a water stuff up before 55k km? thats a bit weird aye? :-/

The pump can easily fail if the LLC was mixed too strongly or if someone's put non-toyota coolant into it.

There's an inspection hole on the underside of the pump housing behind the pulley which is where you determine if the pump's starting to fail or not. It shows when coolant starts to get past the shaft seal to the bearing. If it's weeping coolant out the hole then it's time to replace or rebuild the pump.

From memory on the 2zz you dont have to remove the timing case to get the pump out. That labour charge seems a little excessive to me. Toyota Genuine waterpumps are usually less than $150 new from the spare parts department and come with all required gaskets and O-rings.