thai sports grill

AUR30N

The best grill I have ever seen is the One on the Camry converted to a TRD Black grill with horizontal bars across it with the TRD badge. Even without the TRD badge it looks heaps better than the mesh grill. No idea where to get one. I haven’t lived in Thailand for a while now I might call then in Thailand; Time to brush up on my Thai Vocab J

Thanks for comment on my TRD Grill.

The source where you can get the grill is actually the same RTN but you need to specify Lexus style.

The original horizontal style grill comes with chrome.

I had to search a company to remove chrome from plastic before I painted it.

Did the bodykit fit straight on. Or did you have to modify the bodykit to fit. Some panel beaters are telling me that alot of kits you can get overseas say they will fit but they dont acutually fit exactly and some cutting and modifying may be needed.

What coy did you buy the kit through in thailand.

I would not recommend anyone get the kit because they will not fit exactly. I'd to get it fixed a couple of times.

I got it from http://www.valencia2005.com/toyota.asp

Edited by TRDLover

So what's basically done is everyone has bought the black grill from Thailand and debadged the front then put black mesh to cover the inside of the grill?

Can someone please clarify is this correct? lol. Just a bit confused. Looks hot, thinking of doing it.

And if someone could just maybe give a short guide to debadging? I believe you use a fishing line? Any help/information is appreciated.

So what's basically done is everyone has bought the black grill from Thailand and debadged the front then put black mesh to cover the inside of the grill?

Can someone please clarify is this correct? lol. Just a bit confused. Looks hot, thinking of doing it.

Pretty much. Some of us with the grill haven't taken the step of debadging though. The black mesh behind the grill is optional as well, but it definitely helps in bright sunlight where from a few steps back, you can't see the mesh of the grill and just see the radiator. Sooner or later, the mesh grilled Aurion will be the standard Aurion style.

And if someone could just maybe give a short guide to debadging? I believe you use a fishing line? Any help/information is appreciated.

Firstly it is best to heat the badge up a bit. Using a hair dryer or leaving the car in the sun for a bit usually does the trick. Then you slide some fishing wire underneath and with gentle sawing motion, slide it across the entire badge. Then if you can, remove as much of the adhesive foam like residue with a fingernail. For the remaining adhesive, you can remove that with a goo remover such as 'oomph', citrus oil or eucalyptus oil, even lighter fluid (though I'd prefer the others). If you have some shadow left behind from the badge, you can remove that with a little cut and polish or swirl remover.

Other tips and hints which may help are located here:

DIY debadging

debadging my car??

Badging my Car..

Pretty much. Some of us with the grill haven't taken the step of debadging though. The black mesh behind the grill is optional as well, but it definitely helps in bright sunlight where from a few steps back, you can't see the mesh of the grill and just see the radiator. Sooner or later, the mesh grilled Aurion will be the standard Aurion style.

Firstly it is best to heat the badge up a bit. Using a hair dryer or leaving the car in the sun for a bit usually does the trick. Then you slide some fishing wire underneath and with gentle sawing motion, slide it across the entire badge. Then if you can, remove as much of the adhesive foam like residue with a fingernail. For the remaining adhesive, you can remove that with a goo remover such as 'oomph', citrus oil or eucalyptus oil, even lighter fluid (though I'd prefer the others). If you have some shadow left behind from the badge, you can remove that with a little cut and polish or swirl remover.

Other tips and hints which may help are located here:

DIY debadging

debadging my car??

Badging my Car..

Thanks for the info DJKOR, always full of knowledge. Could you maybe pm me some reliable sources from Thailand regarding the grill?

Could you maybe pm me some reliable sources from Thailand regarding the grill?

Not quite as full of knowledge when it comes to that. I was lucky enough to get my grill in a joint purchase. My knowledge on the subject is that it is from a place called R-Style Racing. The order process involves sending an email speaking in as clear English as possible that you would like to buy a 'new Camry mesh sports grill'. You are best attaching a photo of the product you are after to make it easier from them to understand. The contact information is over at:

http://www.rstyleracing.com/?sp=GMWEB-0611...mp;id=ContactUs

When our order went through, the guy BONDIE was speaking to was Ying Ying. It would be good to talk to him as he would probably be aware of the ordering, but I don't know if he is still there or anything and probably may be best to not mention his name to reduce confusion. In you email, ask if you can have a price and how to pay. Mentioning PayPal may help as well. If you agree, let them know you would like to buy it then arrange payment. Once it is all paid for, you should receive it in about a weeks time.

Thanks for the info.

I've email the guys at the Thai website, but they haven't replied. Maybe i should try again but I've also found this on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

Do you guys think this grill will fit? Buyer looks pretty legitimate.

That eBay grill is for the Gen 6 Camry. It will not fit our Aurion. As for the Thai correspondence, you sometimes need to be patient with them.

Received a reply from the Thai suppliers. It'll cost $80 US dollars which is roughly $124 AUD.

But it looks colourless, it's not black. Heres the picture they sent me when i asked for one.

mailgooglecom.jpg

Do i just spray paint it after? Do i need some special sort of water proof spray paint?

It also looks like the trim is in gloss black. That may or may not blend in well with the Aurion as the matt finish seems to work nicely.

As for the mesh, it also appears to be the larger holed mesh. That will be pretty see through on the Aurion. You may as well kill two birds with one stone and buy some replacement black mesh for it. Then you get the more cleaner look of smaller holed mesh, plus you don't have to paint it. If you do choose to paint it, just an outdoor matt black spray paint will do the trick.

oh wow gloss black and white mesh O_o

wonder how that would look on an aurion.

On yours... I reckon it would look unique and pretty good. Maybe you should get one, and if it doesn't go as plan, just change the mesh.