AW11

the_random_hero

pity you wernt in sydney I would sell you mine 7 months rego sound deadening removed , Half cage, nardi steering wheel, trust exhaust , trd short shifter and knob, trd plugs and oil filter dvd player yadda yadda it mmay need a panel painted to match the rest and some time to mould the bumper in shape because the light deformed it a touch haha but other then that fun car to drive pretty fast aswell for a 4AGE

pity you wernt in sydney I would sell you mine 7 months rego sound deadening removed , Half cage, nardi steering wheel, trust exhaust , trd short shifter and knob, trd plugs and oil filter dvd player yadda yadda it mmay need a panel painted to match the rest and some time to mould the bumper in shape because the light deformed it a touch haha but other then that fun car to drive pretty fast aswell for a 4AGE

How much are you asking? I have relatives in Sydney, I could fly down on a weekend, pick it up and drive back... for the right price ;)

Guest MR_ken

when talking about aw11s, budget need not aply.

u cant put a price on how other cars simply do not compare.

and as the guy with the imoral picture said, they can develop a sentimental value, hehe. mine has a lot of value in that aspect.

• 2 weeks later...

did you rob a freight truck hehehe

I got my paseo brought up from sydeny, freight was cheap, only costed 2 cases of XXXX, my neighbour drives up and down there and had a free spot.

Freight must cost you hell alot, i was quoted 500 and it was to the holding place or truck depo and not to the door.

pretty looking car and i didnt relise you own so many cars.

did you rob a freight truck hehehe

I got my paseo brought up from sydeny, freight was cheap, only costed 2 cases of XXXX, my neighbour drives up and down there and had a free spot.

Freight must cost you hell alot, i was quoted 500 and it was to the holding place or truck depo and not to the door.

pretty looking car and i didnt relise you own so many cars.

It was located about 50km from my parents house, brother just happened to be coming up today so he said he'd bring it up for me. Cost me $100 and a bottle of SoCo :)

Trying to sell the Celica, unfortunately I don't have the patience to go through with it which is a huge shame.

One rear rotor and pad is changed, took me three and a half hours as I didn't realise the piston doesn't compress, it screws in -_- If it wasn't so damn dark and cold I'd do the other.

Boot and under-bonnet is stripped of all trims/useless crap, I'll probably take the tape player and speakers out tomorrow and start fabricating a double DIN gauge holder. It would be fairly straightforward, but due to the console layout I'm going to angle the gauges (hopefully 3 will go in there) towards the driver for easy visibility.

Edited by the_random_hero

these are a great little car.

i can tell you, there is a nice white one at the track, with a 4agze in it, and i'm 2 seconds a lap faster than him on street tyres in my mildly modded sportivo.

the point of the story, if you want quick, go sportivo, if you want classic, go aw11.

whitestivo

i can tell you, there is a nice white one at the track, with a 4agze in it, and i'm 2 seconds a lap faster than him on street tyres in my mildly modded sportivo.

the point of the story, if you want quick, go sportivo, if you want classic, go aw11.

whitestivo

The money I'd spend on a Stivo, I could have a pretty kick ***** AW11. I bought this for around the same cost as a set of 4 Work Equips, so I'm not incredibly out of pocket.

One rear rotor and pad is changed, took me three and a half hours as I didn't realise the piston doesn't compress, it screws in -_- If it wasn't so damn dark and cold I'd do the other.

Just make sure you didn't damage the piston. I know the Honda people have fun stuffing up the piston because of that :lol:

How long till I see you at QR?

Just make sure you didn't damage the piston. I know the Honda people have fun stuffing up the piston because of that :lol:

How long till I see you at QR?

Took it around the street, all seems fine and handbrake works perfectly fine. Unfortunately it's going to be a little while till I'm out there as I want to get this rust sorted. Other option is put the car back together, leave the vents taped up and just take it for a fang till something breaks. This would also give me a bit of time to wait for our workshop to be a bit emptier so I can steal some room....

Argh, decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

whitestivo

you're kidding right?

my corner speeds are higher in the AW11 then they ever were in the Sportivo (both on street tyres, AW on stock suspension, the Stivo on coilovers)

Unfortunately my AW is NA, so is gutless down the straight.

If you want FAST... go for an AW11 and put a 2ZZ-GE in it :P

whitestivo

you're kidding right?

my corner speeds are higher in the AW11 then they ever were in the Sportivo (both on street tyres, AW on stock suspension, the Stivo on coilovers)

Unfortunately my AW is NA, so is gutless down the straight.

If you want FAST... go for an AW11 and put a 2ZZ-GE in it :P

That would be a VERY nice conversion, I think I've read of a couple of guys over in the states that have done it. With the engine upgrade I'm planning, I'll have power and torque to rival the 2GR-FE guys :)