If you had five bucks and chuck norris had five bucks........

Chuck norris has more money than you.

i had an excel that beat my current celica off the line and top speed. the thing is i drive a celica now and not an excel anymore.

oh yeah lift rocks go vvtL-i.

u camed, balanced and port and polished a head on an excel....that is cool cos ur the 1st person ive ever heard doing that...i had an excel for my 1st car and it flew i dont no y...it woudl have taked my 1zz easy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're returning to the VVT(L)i discussion, I have something for everyone (even Spillage).

This is one of my fav BMI vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hhbGcTQKEc

In this you will see the Amuse S2000 (official and reigning Touge Monster); The Spirits MR-S with a STOCK 2ZZ-GE (my fav NA touge car, #1 being the Mine's R34 Skyline); and a couple of poofy Nissans...

Gav.

Best Motoring don't really bother doing the internationals any more. You can watch new stuff on the official website.

Hot Version is where the good videos are from Tsuchiya and the gang now days. The Best Motorings are like watching Fifth Gear...

That MR-S is awesome, to keep up with a 320hp Silvia, WOW!! :o

Evo

Keep up??? Orido had it in the bag until he got cocky and decided to fall back and "show the difference between NA and turbo".

Well we learned the difference, once you're out in front in the NA, you stay there!!!

Gav.

That MR-S is awesome, to keep up with a 320hp Silvia, WOW!! :o

Evo

Keep up??? Orido had it in the bag until he got cocky and decided to fall back and "show the difference between NA and turbo".

Well we learned the difference, once you're out in front in the NA, you stay there!!!

Gav.

Yeah true that, but he did get a bit 'cocky' as you say :P

Evo

Edited by Evo7

Its not a real race, its a TV show. Orido was just keeping things interesting for the viewers.

As much as I want to root for the underdog there is no escaping that that S15 was the faster car around that track. The front straight was just long enough for it to use it's power, not to mention steep enough to use its torque.

Its not a real race, its a TV show. Orido was just keeping things interesting for the viewers.

As much as I want to root for the underdog there is no escaping that that S15 was the faster car around that track. The front straight was just long enough for it to use it's power, not to mention steep enough to use its torque.

Yeah it's not a real race, but they are all pro drivers trying their hardest to put on a good show (which usually means a win). At least Kiechi didn't do his famous short-cut through the S like he does when he is stuffing around. :P

I still think 320hp in the S15 vs 190hp in the MR-S and 250hp in S2000 made for a really good viewing. If you pay attention they said that the S2000 had full wet tyres on, and the tyres went off half way through the race. Alas, you can still see that same S2000 spank every other car in the touge except for a certain grey Mazda RX8 (and the Spirits MR-S isn't far behind it in the touge either).

Gav.

Great video, that 2zz MR-S was awesome and showed every1 just how potent a light weight NA car can be around the track. Lol at the turbos overheating and slipping on the semi wet surface. Sadly the s2k had a crap race, but was prob becuz the plan to use wet tyres didnt work out. Would love to see more of these versus kinda races.

- Will

• 9 months later...
my vvti kicks in at about 6000 and only really works at high speeds but i dont like the dual vvti because its not as exciting

Congratulations on obviously not reading the thread and realising that VVTi doesn't "kick in", it is always active in some form (the first V stands for Variable, the i stands for Intelligent).