Insurance (Full Comp) for Sportivos 03/05

Hey all,

So I got my 03 Sportivo several weeks ago, but am yet to get insurance. I was about to go with AAMI today, but upon ringing up found out that they only allow one mod. period. not cool, since i had a few things planned :whistling:

So I have several questions...since I noticed just about every tivo owner on here has several mods (and then some lol)

1. Who are you with?
  2. Why? Price? Service?
  3. How much (if you don't mind me asking)
  4. How many mods can you have with them?
  5. Premium costs?
  6. Age of driver?
  7. Any other important info?

I searched the forum and noticed that there wasn't a post specifically dedicated to full comp insurance rates for sportivos, so here it is

Obviously this post is for those with corolla sportivos mainly, and with full comp insurance :) I'm in Bris/QLD btw, so esp anyone in the area, plz tell me your choice and reasons!

Thanks guys,

cornrolla

1. AAMI

2. cheapest, about 1300 a year in mums name with me youngest driver (20 yo)

3. ^^^^

4. not sure, but all my mods are legal exept the headlights.

6. 20

7. maximum no life claim bonus aswell. commonwealth quoted 4600, just car 2600 and aami was 1600 till i moved to epping.

i might not be covered and i dont have mods included in what they cover if the car is stolen.

but they said on the phone that the mods i have are ok as they are legal but the are not covered if i crash, the car as a whole is though.

i have lowered springs, exhaust, cai, headunit, alarm, HID'S, and a few others.

2005 Corolla Sportivo

With Just Car Insurance, Car is FULLY insured, under my name, Im 20, male, no accidents, claims or thefts within 3 years..

Insurance is $1528 a year. Ive done quotes with other people, they want over $2k. I find its the cheapest

I got cold air induction as a mod, but i dont have the mod yet lol.. Alarm, immobiliser.. wheels..etc

1. AAMI

2. They were the cheapest when I was doing quotes. Had a small accident a week and a half ago (not my fault), car is in being fixed now. They were super quick getting the claim together. Didn't have to pay any excess and I am still a rating 1.

3. I pay $751 a year for full comp and everything covered.

4. I have my CAI, lowered and stereo listed.

5. Just the normal age excess.

6. 23

7. -

I should just mention, i'm 21 (sooo old!! lol) and my quote full comp with aami was 635... RACQ etc was 1300+. But aami, when I rang them, said I could only have 1 mod. How did you aami customers get all your mods and still go with them? Do you think your mods affected your cost much?

cornrolla

Listen to this, LEARN TO TALK CRAP TO THE INSURANCE GUYS

2004 corolla sportivo Modded

Last year i was insured with nrma with $1800 premium with $18,000 covered under dads name, this year they wanted to bump it up to $2200 premium with the car covered for only $16,000 (excess $1000) that didnt make sense so i told them to get stuffed.lol

I rang up Just Car (AFTER i had done an online quote but didnt tell them YET) and they wanted $2200 premium with cover of $18,000 under MY name (im 21) with an excess of $2500.

Anyhow i did do a cheap attempt at an online quote which gave me $1800 premium with $21,000 cover ( only half the listed mods). and i mention this to the guy on the phone after he gave me his best price.

So after talking to him i end up with

Im covered for $21,500 with premium of $1750 and excess of $2000 but its under MY name (21) which with "Just Car" you can adjust your premium anyway.

Everythings covered, rims, cai, full exhaust, supsension, sway bars, strut bars n such.

Im sure many have gotten better or worse but i dont think i did too bad.

im 19 years old also with just car. it is all insured under my name with all mods (CAI, shocks, springs, wheels, sound system strut braces) for a premium of 1059 a year. perfect history. mines an 05 upgrade model and i reside on the gold coast. however my premium is rather high. but hey i like to think of the high premium as 'self insurance'

I should just mention, i'm 21 (sooo old!! lol) and my quote full comp with aami was 635... RACQ etc was 1300+. But aami, when I rang them, said I could only have 1 mod. How did you aami customers get all your mods and still go with them? Do you think your mods affected your cost much?

cornrolla

When I listed my mods with AAMI, they told me only 2 mods. If i wanted more covered on my policy they would adjust my yearly premium.

(03 Sportivo with old driver)

Who are you with? Shannons

Why? Price? Service? Price & Reputation

How much (if you don't mind me asking) Umm 18k I think

How many mods can you have with them? Plenty. I have rims and suspension and they almost sounded disappointed I didn;t have more mods lol

Premium costs? Just under $800

Age of driver? 32

Any other important info? Must be kept in a locked garage at place of permanent residence. It's covered everywhere else, but it was one aspect of their insurance cover that stopped my garage-less brother insuring with them.

On a differenet note, a mate of mine insured a Forester XT with bingle.com.au really cheaply. Haven't looked into them at all myself personally but could be worth a look for you.

Edited by IMB055

Went with AAMI as now 25 so loses age excess and unlimited mods (6 mods before premium price increases )etc

2005 upgrade sportivo insured comprehensive with:

CAI, Lowered, Strut brace, Sway bar, Ported headers (they listed them as stock headers cleaned up / polished etc) rear muffler change, Alarm and immobiliser.

agreed value of $24,500

$1030 premium with free windscreen replacement per year on policy

rating one for life

Standard $500 excess

Girlfriend listed as driver - no extra cost to premium etc.

happy with the result......last year at 24 the same deal was around 1400$ which is why i went with just cars......who had the higher excesses etc including vehicle and age......

so yeah back with AAMI after a year with just cars

THIS WILL CHANGE SOON AS BUYING NEW FIRST HOUSE DIFFERENT SUBURB DOUBLE LOCK GARAGE ETC AND PROB PUT MY CAR GF CAR AND OUR HOUSE AND CONTENTS AS ONE BIG BUNDLE SO CHEAPER ETC

Cheers guys

Edited by jaderd

As of the 1st of March you can insure with AAMI with as many mods, for any age.

Vinh

Um, where did you hear this? Because I can't find it on their link...

It won't be on the site, internal news.

Vinh

I am guessing you work for AAMI?

Good news for the under 25's. Maybe they thought they were losing too much business by limiting mods to under 25's.

As of the 1st of March you can insure with AAMI with as many mods, for any age.

Vinh

Um, where did you hear this? Because I can't find it on their link...

It won't be on the site, internal news.

Vinh

I am guessing you work for AAMI?

Good news for the under 25's. Maybe they thought they were losing too much business by limiting mods to under 25's.

Nah a friend of mine passed on the news, he works there.

Vinh

Well, I rang AAMI again to get a quote with mods (acting like i already had them). It was 940 as opposed to 630 for a stock stivo (for me). So since i only got a stock one (so far hehehe) I'll just apply for that, and then tell them about the mods later. The AAMI guy said that there shouldn't be that big a discrepancy in price, so he recommended that course of action too.

So cheers for the info all, much appreciated... still would be interesting to see what others have in terms of insurance... looks to me like aami is the cheapest upfront.

if thats the case, then i will wait till 1st of march with AAMI, and i will get my 2nd mod then an intake.

Who are you with? AAMI

Why? Price? Service? Price

How much (if you don't mind me asking) Covered for around 23k inc mods.

How many mods can you have with them? 1 mod at the moment i think. Lowered, Swaybar, strut braces. All covered in policy as Lowered. Also Full Stereo system covered as an optional extra.

Premium costs? $142.85 a month so around $1714, you pay more when you do monthly

Age of driver? 22

Any other important info? ex gf currently listed on policy for free, and am rating 1

Who are you with? RACQ

Why? Price? Service? Price

How much (if you don't mind me asking) Covered for around 23k.

How many mods can you have with them? Points system: wheels + tinting + brakes + lowering = maxed out.

Premium costs? $60 a month = $720. $660 if you pay the year.

Age of driver? 26

Any other important info? Rating 1.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Don't mean to hijack the thread but would like to ask how low can you get your car lowered before an insurance company won't cover you. I'm with AAMI and was thinking of getting KYB's with King Springs. I was planning to get lows on the front and superlows on the back as everyone suggests on the forums and would like to clear this up before I go ahead with this.

Thanks