Start Button

cypher

If you want quality pivot product for a good price maybe you can check this out

http://www.pivotracing.com/product/ISK

http://www.pivotracing.com/product/SSK

One is just ordinary starter and 2nd one is one with security module, keep in mind its in USD plus shipping so it MAY well be very expensive but thats for you to find out :)

I've been wanting to do it for ages but not sure how hard is it to wire and if it will interfear with the alarm system...

Nordmenn er alltid gale!! :whistling:

It's really an easy install if you are not afraid to cut some wires....!! :help:

Men da svenska er galere. :P Og litt kjeddelig... :unsure:

I'll be cutting wires soon enough when I install my illuminated scuff plates.

Ha det hyggelig,

Gav.

It's really an easy install if you are not afraid to cut some wires....!! :help:

Ha det hyggelig,

Gav.

Nice!

Kan du sende meg en link på de platene, Gav? :ph34r:

Ha det hyggelig,

Gav.

Nice!

Jepps: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=17155

De er også kalt door sills. Dessverre, jeg tror at du er for sent til å bestille dem. :(

Gav.

Ha det hyggelig,

Gav.

Nice!

Jepps: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=17155

De er også kalt door sills. Dessverre, jeg tror at du er for sent til å bestille dem. :(

Gav.

Yes, they should be on their way now Gav :P

Evo

Have a few questions for the people that have done this mod.....

1. the relay it has 4 wires as you would expect (at a guess - ground wire, ignition & +12 constant or ACC??) which wires in the ignition loom did u need to cut (what are the colours) i know they come with instructions but the one i purchased didnt say anything about telling them what car i have.

2. Will this affect the alarm system/immobilizer ??

cheers in advanced

Aiden

1. the relay it has 4 wires as you would expect (at a guess - ground wire, ignition & +12 constant or ACC??) which wires in the ignition loom did u need to cut (what are the colours) i know they come with instructions but the one i purchased didnt say anything about telling them what car i have.

cheers in advanced

Aiden

1. ground + 12V + ignition + signal from button are the four wires. I think my ignition wire was blue, possibly blue with white stripe. In any case you can easily find this cable by measuring. It's the only cable that gets 12V when you turn the key to start.

2. No. It's just a replacement (or addition) for the last step of the key operation. You still need the key to turn the ignition on.

cheers in advanced

Aiden

1. ground + 12V + ignition + signal from button are the four wires. I think my ignition wire was blue, possibly blue with white stripe. In any case you can easily find this cable by measuring. It's the only cable that gets 12V when you turn the key to start.

2. No. It's just a replacement (or addition) for the last step of the key operation. You still need the key to turn the ignition on.

sweet as cheers i will be testing then :)...just another quick question the +12V Signal you could hook this up to the Accessories wire instead yeah ?? i like having everything off when i pull the key out.

Cheers

Aiden

sweet as cheers i will be testing then :)...just another quick question the +12V Signal you could hook this up to the Accessories wire instead yeah ?? i like having everything off when i pull the key out.

Cheers

Aiden

Hey,

The 12V + signal used for the start button can come from any wire that goes live when you turn the igniton "ON". I wouldn't use a constant live 12V wire. Since I completely chucked out my cig lighter I simply used the 12V and ground wire that came off of that installation....hehe

Just to be clear. There is only one (1) wire that needs to be bodged into the ignition harness, and that is the one from the relay which goes live when you activate the button.

• 3 weeks later...

hrmmm ok tried to do this tonight -

I linked the ground and 12 v charge from the lighter to the button.

And then cut the ignition (black and white cable) - im assuming it was ignition coz it went to 12v only when in the " on" position .

Linked the remaining wire to the ignition .

The problem starts here - turned key to on and pressed button - relay clicks but no starting

ideas ? tried swapping the 12v wire and ignition wire ...

totally lost ...

Edited by cypher

Sounds all good if you're 100% sure you cut the right wire in the ignition barrel...hehe

On my Rolla I found that I had to ground the voltmeter somewhere else than in the ignition barrel in order to find the correct wire to tap into. Using the barrel ground wire yielded more than on wire option...

Now, of course, I can't remember what the color was on that wire, but then again it might be different from your Stiv anyways...might have been blue/white..hmm.. During my install I did make sure I had the right wire before doing the actual cutting by testing the button with the wire from the relay just latched onto the stripped ignition wire.

• 3 months later...

While on the negun website found the pivot push start button for $173 delivered to Aus

.http://www.nengun.com/pivot/engine-starter-switch

Just wondering if this is a good price.

Thinking of getting one .

Those that have installed one is it worth having.

I don't see the whole point in spending more than $15-$20 for a switch that's only purpose is to engage the starter motor. Completely useless as well. For the price of that $173 Pivot switch (after all, it's just a push button), I could do a neat push button start for my Aurion which includes remote start. Did the exact same thing on my old Camry for $70, but the buttons weren't anything special.

While on the negun website found the pivot push start button for $173 delivered to Aus

.http://www.nengun.com/pivot/engine-starter-switch

Just wondering if this is a good price.

Thinking of getting one .

Those that have installed one is it worth having.

If you want quality pivot product for a good price maybe you can check this out

http://www.pivotracing.com/product/ISK

http://www.pivotracing.com/product/SSK

One is just ordinary starter and 2nd one is one with security module, keep in mind its in USD plus shipping so it MAY well be very expensive but thats for you to find out :)

I've been wanting to do it for ages but not sure how hard is it to wire and if it will interfear with the alarm system...

The first option was around $89 USD next day delivery from PIVOT..

So the reason to install one of these is just because of the "look" factor?

I want to install one of these where you just have to have the keys in your pocket and you can just push the button to start the car without having the key in the ignition...

I want to install one of these where you just have to have the keys in your pocket and you can just push the button to start the car without having the key in the ignition...

Mainly yes

but also because of your reasons as well :yahoo: :yahoo:

The start buttons they are referring to here are purely just for looks. There is no real purpose to them.

A true keyless ignition would be much better. It requires a bit of work to tie it in but it can be done for under $150. I've got one in planning, but am just a bit lazy at the moment.

Start Button = Rice + FOC pain in the perverial @rse so unless like what darryl said bring a true keyless entry and start, waste of money and time.

I'd be very interested in hooking up a true keyless ignition system into my car (05 sportivo). Any pointers Daryl? ie what brand etc?

The only pointers I have is that it makes it easier to tie in if you purchase a remote start kit. Not a requirement, but it makes things flow a bit better. Then you need a bypass-kit if you have one of those chip key immobilisers, then a long range RFID access system (by as a kit and build and program yourself to save money). You can have either passive or active RFID, depending on how you wish to use it.

Apart from that, you need to disable the steering wheel lock. Otherwise, because the key will not be in the ignition, the steering wheel will lock once you try to turn it and this is not going to end happily. You do so by solenoid (leaves locking mechanism intact; fidgety and not exactly fail-safe) or by modifying the locking mechanism (disables steering wheel lock, but at least you know it won't lock randomly on you in a worst case scenario).

It's not really a task if you don't know your way in and around your car and with electronics to support it. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I've been so lazy.