Auto headlights setting

Kruzenvax

When leaving my Kluger for service this week I have asked the dealer to do something about that time lag betwwen the meoment when the sensor detects the darkness and turns headlights on. Currently this delay is to short, so - even under the daylight - I'm driving inder the bridge at 110 it looks like I'm flashing to people. This has been discussed before.

Dealr played with settings but they admitted they couldn't do much... well unfortunalely I didn't notice any improvement. Will ask the dealer to contact Toyota for clarification.

Yeah I too am finding this really frustrating. I'm often driving along the freeway and find the lights coming on and off every time I go under a bridge. I'm even tempted to turn the auto setting off, except to do that I'd have to flash everyone again!

When leaving my Kluger for service this week I have asked the dealer to do something about that time lag betwwen the meoment when the sensor detects the darkness and turns headlights on. Currently this delay is to short, so - even under the daylight - I'm driving inder the bridge at 110 it looks like I'm flashing to people. This has been discussed before.

Dealr played with settings but they admitted they couldn't do much... well unfortunalely I didn't notice any improvement. Will ask the dealer to contact Toyota for clarification.

In case you extend delay you will get rid of "bridge"issue , but in same time delay will be to long when entering tunnel or underground carpark.

Changing sensitivity is much better way.

As usual - your 100% on the money here (BTW my dealer rep didn't have a clue about TPMS and only when I told them all the info, from somewehere inside their spare part dept came an answer "yes we do it").

The same situation here - there seem to be 2 settings , delay and sensitivity; delay - according to the manual - is "normal" or "long". The dealer was talking about setting it to "dark 2"... which may be a sensitivity? No clue what have they done.

It looks like approach "I want it to work properly" doesn't work unless they know exactly how does this thing work... which they don't, so I'm struggling to find a way to explain to them what has to be done :(

In case you extend delay you will get rid of "bridge"issue , but in same time delay will be to long when entering tunnel or underground carpark.

As usual - your 100% on the money here (BTW my dealer rep didn't have a clue about TPMS and only when I told them all the info, from somewehere inside their spare part dept came an answer "yes we do it").

The same situation here - there seem to be 2 settings , delay and sensitivity; delay - according to the manual - is "normal" or "long". The dealer was talking about setting it to "dark 2"... which may be a sensitivity? No clue what have they done.

It looks like approach "I want it to work properly" doesn't work unless they know exactly how does this thing work... which they don't, so I'm struggling to find a way to explain to them what has to be done :(

Delay have settings normal and long

Sensitivity:light1,light2,normal.dark1.dark2

I tried all settings and prefer factory settings.

All other European and Jap brands work more or less the same.

Thanks for that. As I have suspected after your previous post they have changed the sensitivity, not the delay...

How long is the delay on "long"? I may ask them to change it to normal-normal or normal-long next time...

Thanks

Delay have settings normal and long

Sensitivity:light1,light2,normal.dark1.dark2

I tried all settings and prefer factory settings.

All other European and Jap brands work more or less the same.