[BNE] Drag Nights

I'm definitely up for a drag just to experience it. I don't feel I will be so great with all that reaction time stuff, but oh wells.

All I need to do is sort out a helmet. I won't mind buying one of my own because once I get my hands on a helmet, I'm definitely going to hit up the track.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ur reaction time doesnt matter daryl u can wait 10 seconds afer the light is green and go, ur time is from when u leave the mark

damn it im not goin down on my 20's so i might come out but race on another day or something...that's if darly would be keen to swap rims over for a a day :whistling: ...u can roll on 20's for a day daryl come on lol

go out on saturday night guys....i just realised i cant make wednesdays my uni times have changed and i have class 6-9pm...i got a helmit for u daryl

damn it im not goin down on my 20's so i might come out but race on another day or something...that's if darly would be keen to swap rims over for a a day :whistling: ...u can roll on 20's for a day daryl come on lol

For sure I wouldn't mind swapping the rims... out of all people though... it has to be you... the one person who makes me always feel like doing something to the Aurion.

This is only going to lead to a bigger hole in my wallet. We all know what I'm going to think after seeing some good rims on my car.

For sure I wouldn't mind swapping the rims... out of all people though... it has to be you... the one person who makes me always feel like doing something to the Aurion.

This is only going to lead to a bigger hole in my wallet. We all know what I'm going to think after seeing some good rims on my car.

thats the plan! hahah ull be hooked after u have them lol

there is a 25m long glass window beside the road near mine...u can do a few laps and check yourself out hahah ;)

what about thursday nights rowan? i believe some events are held on thursday nights as well...

just race on 20s... its not like you're gonna do a skid... doing a skid on street tyres is just a waste of rubber...

plus, then you can say "i race a 14.xx in FULL street trim" and therefore gaining more street cred... lol

i'll be racing on 20s... cause i cant be ****** changing rims... hahaha

what about thursday nights rowan? i believe some events are held on thursday nights as well...

just race on 20s... its not like you're gonna do a skid... doing a skid on street tyres is just a waste of rubber...

plus, then you can say "i race a 14.xx in FULL street trim" and therefore gaining more street cred... lol

i'll be racing on 20s... cause i cant be ****** changing rims... hahaha

its not the rubber that im worried about i wont be skidding cos there is no point on streets.

its the weight, 7 kg per wheel/tire i wont even be able to break the 15.0 with that...i noticed alot of diff when i had the other rims on for fat pipes day

they recon for every 1.5 kg extra on your wheels its 10kg in the car so that means 186.6kg extra in my car....mmmm nup lol

i can see why people go really light now

Edited by ELEGNT

my only nights/arvo that are free are friday during the week so i could only make a saturday

my uncle with that yellow ute always gets there on open cos he is pretty slow but he get 3 or 4 consecutive runs in with the wait of only the people on the strip each time

id be keen for that

yeah, no doubt that 20s make you slower... BUT, when you drive with 20s on the street, then imo, you should go to the track with 20s...

its just a personal little 'issue' i have...

those people who strip out the WHOLE interior, spare wheel, etc. etc.. then they claim they run a 3sec 1/4 mile...

and at the end of the day, i beat them on the street with my 14sec POS... :huh:

/rant

its the weight, 7 kg per wheel/tire i wont even be able to break the 15.0 with that...i noticed alot of diff when i had the other rims on for fat pipes day

they recon for every 1.5 kg extra on your wheels its 10kg in the car so that means 186.6kg extra in my car....mmmm nup lol

Where'd you get that from? Its just I've always heard different for wheels. Something like 2 times the wheel weight to get chassis weight. Not saying I'm right, curious to know. I usually ignore the 'rules' and just try and go light regardless.

i must admit i was more than curios where the 10kg for every 1.5kg came from.

secaboy has a point. i think it's logit to take out spare and have standard wheels on, but ppl that pull out seats and interior...

if i see you travelling around on your 20s 313, i'm gonna embarass your a$$. if only it was me instead of the missus that saw you last week.

whitestivo

i must admit i was more than curios where the 10kg for every 1.5kg came from.

secaboy has a point. i think it's logit to take out spare and have standard wheels on, but ppl that pull out seats and interior...

if i see you travelling around on your 20s 313, i'm gonna embarass your a$$. if only it was me instead of the missus that saw you last week.

whitestivo

i got it from a drag racing book. my car eats my mates 2zz celica and he can land lift all gears.....bring it on! u dont really think ur sportivo can take mine even with my 20's....? *yawn* lol

from the lights at the loop to 100, infront of everyone so u can wear the shame haha ill even take 2 extra passengers

and ill be stripping my car for the drags...looking for a 14.2

Edited by ELEGNT

I'm going to go with street trim like what Ash has said. I'll feel better that way. May not be the same time as your Rowan, but it will be a realistic figure.

I'm going to go with street trim like what Ash has said. I'll feel better that way. May not be the same time as your Rowan, but it will be a realistic figure.

ive already got my realiastic fiqure so thats y im takeing stuff out (depending on how much it weighs after i get it out, might just go with it in)

y are people dissing stripping there car...look at all the tracking guys they strip them out hardcore?

u should pull the same as my old fiqure man no worries....id be happy pulling .1 faster with sh|t taken out and new mods

Edited by ELEGNT

I've got no issues with stripping out the car. I'm jsut saying I want to obtain a figure with my car as it is.

I want to see if your engine is pushing out more power now.

the back seats dont really weigh fuk all do they? if they dont ill leave them in and my extent of stripping other than that is everything in the boot, sub and wheel....thats it

i emagine u will be doing that aswell.

then i will really know if there is a difference with my car....and then it will be same "weight reduction" as yours lol

just need some wheels now

the back seats dont really weigh fuk all do they? if they dont ill leave them in and my extent of stripping other than that is everything in the boot, sub and wheel....thats it

The back seats don't weigh much, but when it comes to cutting down weight, every kg counts. I'll just be stripping out the boot stuff as well. That sub of mine is pretty heavy.

i ran at the track with all seats in, all interior trim, even the spare, i took out the tools as you have to take stuff out that flies around.

i won't run in a 60 zone, only a 100 zone, i'm too old for that sort of trouble. come to the track in july, and see if you can overtake me down the main straight (you'll hit 160+). don't worry i'll wait for you round the windy stuff..lol

whitestivo

I am still keen for a drag nite... I will be away this weekend, but if we want to organize something after that I will be in.

I usually prefer the wed nite test and tunes, but i'm easy.

ill be running 20's soooooo........

i bet u if u had 18's that were the same width u would run them tho....doesnt matter with ur power anyway ull just bushfire it either way

so wens everyone keen to go out? next week? or weekend?

Edited by ELEGNT

ill be running 20's soooooo........

i bet u if u had 18's that were the same width u would run them tho....doesnt matter with ur power anyway ull just bushfire it either way

so wens everyone keen to go out? next week? or weekend?

I am out for this weekend (will be away from Thurs-Monday) but next week I would be keen..

What about everyone else?