2003 Corolla Sportivo mods suggestions

Hi all, just got a black 2003 corolla sportivo and would like to do a few things to it. Was curious to see what others have done and how pricey it would be. Only thing done to my car so far is added blue neons :P everything else is stock standard. Thanks for your time.

Hi all, just got a black 2003 corolla sportivo and would like to do a few things to it. Was curious to see what others have done and how pricey it would be. Only thing done to my car so far is added blue neons :P everything else is stock standard. Thanks for your time.

speak 2 Evo7 (a member in the forum)

He is trying 2 organise Illuminated Door Sills as a group buy...u can get them in blue 2 go with your neons.

i personally have the red ones which go with the lights within the vehicle...

i stuck 2 a Black car Red Light theme

but blue still looks hot...

n spray your calipers ;)

how much cash u wanna spend ?

and r u a ricer or a racer ?

Heyy, err.. willing to spend a fair bit if it's what i want. As to ricer or racer, i'd like to think i'm a racer haha :P but in the distant, distant future, if its possible to get a rear wheel conversion to my corolla, i'd most likely do it, just so i can have a good time at east and west meets. Thanks :)

Heyy, err.. willing to spend a fair bit if it's what i want. As to ricer or racer, i'd like to think i'm a racer haha :P but in the distant, distant future, if its possible to get a rear wheel conversion to my corolla, i'd most likely do it, just so i can have a good time at east and west meets. Thanks :)

it'd be easier to try and mate a corolla shell to a GT4 chassis

it'd be easier to try and mate a corolla shell to a GT4 chassis

or make the corolla 4WD turbo :lol: :P same as the fensport corolla haha :P

Evo

mate as far as performance mods go, if you want bang for buck consider, exhaust, cai and ported headers. the 3 work together as a good combination.

lets face it. you will never ever ever make your corolla real wheel drive, if you do your an idiot, buy a supra or something ffs.

finally, if you want to rice it up, consider front grills, eyelids and lowering. thats some bang for buck stuff.

ooh... short shifters are pretty cool and well rated among users.

if i had the cash thats everything i would look at

cheers and happy front wheel driving

mate as far as performance mods go, if you want bang for buck consider, exhaust, cai and ported headers. the 3 work together as a good combination.

lets face it. you will never ever ever make your corolla real wheel drive, if you do your an idiot, buy a supra or something ffs.

finally, if you want to rice it up, consider front grills, eyelids and lowering. thats some bang for buck stuff.

haha thanks heaps, you've helped alot. What if i like want the exact shape of my corolla to be rwd? is it possible? or you just don't think it's practicle? =P

haha thanks heaps, you've helped alot. What if i like want the exact shape of my corolla to be rwd? is it possible? or you just don't think it's practicle? =P

forget the rwd thing. It will never happen.

If its not lowered yet, drop that thing ! Leave those old springs for a rav4!

if you have too much money to spare.. then yes.. nothing is impossible but a 250kw atw rolla on the forum is still a fwd.. by the time u've done the conversion i think you prob could get urself a GTR35...

welcome to the forum i just sold my car but yeah

this is how i would pan it out mate

CAI (cold air intake)

Stock headers ported and polished

Custom exhaust

Coilovers

Rear sway

Front strut

Rear strut

decent tyres/rims

eyelids

wingtips

so on so on

hope that helps

Steve,

if you have too much money to spare.. then yes.. nothing is impossible but a 250kw atw rolla on the forum is still a fwd.. by the time u've done the conversion i think you prob could get urself a GTR35...

yes ken but imagine what a 250kw @ the rear wheels rolla could do ;) ;) ;) ;)

250kw RWD rolla.. haha.. super rice drifter!

If the money is plentiful then go for it. There are plenty of mods you can do to your 03 rolla, just gota search around. Unlike the 08 ZRE rollas some of us have, we cant do much because not much research and development has gone into it.

Simple mods, exhaust, CAI.etc Depends wat you want dude. If you are budgeting, then mod smart; get better tires in favor of 17" or 18", instead of a bodykit get bigger and stronger brakes. (you get my drift?) Create a sleeper, a lot of guys dont have money to just splurge on every mod possible. Get mods that are effective for you, whether that be performance wise or looks.

If the money is plentiful then go for it. There are plenty of mods you can do to your 03 rolla, just gota search around. Unlike the 08 ZRE rollas some of us have, we cant do much because not much research and development has gone into it.

Simple mods, exhaust, CAI.etc Depends wat you want dude. If you are budgeting, then mod smart; get better tires in favor of 17" or 18", instead of a bodykit get bigger and stronger brakes. (you get my drift?) Create a sleeper, a lot of guys dont have money to just splurge on every mod possible. Get mods that are effective for you, whether that be performance wise or looks.

Thanks Johnnie, it feels good when someone thinks your ideas on converting a fwd to a rwd isn't that bad and laughed at haha.

Thanks Johnnie, it feels good when someone thinks your ideas on converting a fwd to a rwd isn't that bad and laughed at haha.

dont get us wrong mate, a RWD rolla would be epic...... but have you any idea on what would be involved in such a conversion? we're just being realistic.

dont get us wrong mate, a RWD rolla would be epic...... but have you any idea on what would be involved in such a conversion? we're just being realistic.

and everyone said its not realistic to get a sportivo to 250kw @ wheels and pull 12 sec quarters but that was proved wrong now wasnt it ;) ;) ;) ;)

mate if u CBF'ed being original and dont mind the head farks ur gonna face then go for it ;)

:) Thanks again to all who have posted, really, really appreciate it. As for me, i have decided to take my time with the modifications and eventually make it a RWD :D i will be sure to keep you all posted.

Darren.

:) Thanks again to all who have posted, really, really appreciate it. As for me, i have decided to take my time with the modifications and eventually make it a RWD :D i will be sure to keep you all posted.

Darren.

what is it you do for a living? are you mechanically minded? are you going to be able to get any of the engineering/labour done for free?

Darren.

Stupid question,

but why would you want to make your rolla RWD?

What are you aiming for in doing that?

The best idea would be to take the running gear out of a GT4 and put it in the rolla :D

that would be best B)

Evo

Darren.

Stupid question,

The best idea would be to take the running gear out of a GT4 and put it in the rolla :D

that would be best B)

Evo

see post 7.

Darren.

Stupid question,

that would be best B)

Evo

see post 7.

Exactly!

that means im agreeing with BKS, good idea BKS lol :lol:

Evo