Fog lights

Ho Guys,

Im looking at some fog lights for the corolla. I just wanted to know if I had the fog lights installed, how do I turn them on? There's room in the bumber for the fog lights, but there's no switch in the car to switch it on.

Pretty much 2 options i think,

a)The more expensive, buy the control arm/stalk that has the fog switch built in and wire it to that ( i got no idea on how you would go abouts doing it), but i do think there roughlys $200 an arm, i could be wrong.

or

b)Way cheapers option, just run a seperate switch, use one of those blanks plates like the one thats next to the coin slot/mirror controls. You can buy switchs that fit into the space perfectly, jaycar sells them.

depends, u going to do it yourself?? all u need is wire, solering iron, shrink rap, a switch, relay..

if u going to get an auto electrician to do it, depends if your going with the cheap switch or the blinker stalk with the fog switch on it..

u going to get it hooked up to your accessories, or just on/off feature..

me personly i would find the wiring diagram for the foglights, buy the blinker stalk, hook it up to parker switch so foggies will only turn on when parkers are on.. relay it all up, and make it professional..

id estimate an auto electrician might do it for 100 or something if u provide the fogs and blinker stalk? pays for labour, wiring, installation of fogs etcetc..? thats just a guess man, sorry.. :huh:

* in the past ive done something similar, on my falcon i had those bonnet washer jet LED's, i hooked it up to my parkers and a relay.. so when i turned my parkers on those turn on, but a seperate switch to turn the LED's off incase of cops as their elligal.

good luck