Handbrake

Kruzenvax

Hi all,

Some time ago somebody on this forum was describing his troubles with handbrake (which did not hold) and inability of the dealer to fix it. May I please aqks if there is any update (can't find the topic for some strange reason)?

My handbrake is OK, fingers crossed, but I'm asking this for a friend of mine.

Thanks

Edited by Kruzenvax

im sure toyota would adjust that (tightening the handbrake)

i had the same issue with my corolla. and told them to tighten it. it only lasted a few more months until it became loose again.

Yeah, thanks... my handbrake was OK, but after the last service (I have changed the dealer BTW) - they made it very noce and tight... than I have overheard something that made me wondering about that case where they just could not make it hold (as far as I remember the discussion here)...

It was me with the parkbrake problems and I still have them....

Dealer adjusted the parkbrake numerous times, then they machined the pads to roughen them up, still no better, they then replaced the p/brake cable, no different......

Toyota Aust then came out to check out the angle of my driveway which it would not hold on (unfortunately I was away at the time and was not informed of the result).

Dealer then replaced all cables and shoes with new and it just held with lots of moans and groans on my driveway.

Now, once again, mashed to the floor, especially when parked backwards, it doesn't hold at all.......if the pin in the gearbox ever broke the car would be a goner.

• 1 month later...

Was at the in laws on Sunday and they have a steep driveway. The kluger groaned and would have rolled forward almost half a metre when the brakes were released. Quite a few steep local roads around here so might do some testing.