27oud

Eargunk

I finally put everything in my car and decided to show it plates and all (instead of bit by bit like i did in the development of my car in the audio section)

The exterior is stock as could be except debading and paseo in chrome

post-9766-1237359628_thumb.jpg

post-9766-1237359673_thumb.jpg

over 1 year of changing set ups (went through 3 of em) and ended up with inverted

post-9766-1237359823_thumb.jpg

Front passanger side has a digital voltmeter (installed today) and a fire extinguisher, which i use to cool beverages and ignore the auto stick

post-9766-1237359888_thumb.jpg

driver side, noticed my front pods. ignore the tweeters, it was suppose to be on the side view mirrors but the pods didnt fit.

post-9766-1237359993_thumb.jpg

And my imprint box thingy in my glove compartment (i know its messy, but black material covers it)

post-9766-1237360848_thumb.jpg

and my lights :), the inside ones when turned on drops voltage by 1.5

post-9766-1237360030_thumb.jpg

post-9766-1237360040_thumb.jpg

post-9766-1237360898_thumb.jpg

A total of 11 neons, 7 in front (one in glove compartment) and 4 at the back with aerpro million colour under the car(was 13 but someone elbowed 1 and the black one made colours trippy and UV markers are perminent, dont write valentine messages with them)

the switches for the interior lights, (the top box is for trunk neon which pulses, flashes white and blue)

post-9766-1237360049_thumb.jpg

Im looking to removing the rear seats (when my brothers know how to drive) adding another 2 subs and amp and upgrading the fronts which will go the back.

I wanted the plates BASSME but noone would lend me their credit car for such a big purchase....

inverting makes it look cool it makes the box a tiny bit smaller. downside (notice the left one pointing away from the amps) it creates a magnetic field outside the box which can effect speaker sound quality if its close enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought some dynamatt xtreme for the boot lid, i put 2 layers and here is what it looks like

post-9766-1238556009_thumb.jpg

i dynamatt the boot lid to reduce boot rattle but the result i got was more boot rattle (cant be heard inside the car) and a harder tighter bass (a big kick in the chest)

im not sure if i should put a 3rd layer, will this reduce boot rattle?

and my new bumper~

post-9766-1238556166_thumb.jpg

the lights will cost more than $400 to replace, i still cant believe that. its all good, getting it fixed this week

Edited by Eargunk

subwoofer for the type x is more of a clean bass, 2 type R's have a higher spl than a type x, the type x is better in SQ, well it depends on the box as well. i got the fronts for cheap (wreckers, freshly smashed wrx) for $70 but i will get type x front pros when i have the money and take thoes fronts to the back. With my project car im going to have 4 type r subwoofers cause some people classify them as SPL/SQ woofer depending what box it is in, best of both worlds. but type x subwoofers are nice.

another thing is having not much sound proofing would kinda waste the music potential it has.

Edited by Eargunk