Does the Aurion/Camry headunit have aux in?

funkd

All grades of Aurion do not come with an AUX in. I'm not sure about the Camry though. In the States, the Gen 6 Camry does have the option for AUX in, but I'm not sure if that applies over here.

There are aux input adaptors that plug into the cd changer socket on the back of the standard head unit. You end up with CD (headunit cd player), CD1 (ipod input) & CD2 (aux input) options.

You can find them here MP3 My Car. I have the ipod adaptor without the aux input in my Aurion and it works very well.

Edited by SupaTouring

• 2 months later...

i suppose the cheaper option is to spend $200 on a decent single DIN CD/MP3 player (with aux-in), then maybe another $50 on a dbl-DIN facia plate.... but then you'll lose your steering wheel audio controls (but you get way more flexibility in upgrading the rest of the sound system ie: sub/amp etc)

• 6 months later...

I chatted to Alberts Car Stereo - they have a new deck (single din height) that is made by the same company that makes the Toyota Decks.. as such it will take steering wheel controls from existing toyota stereos, plus add bluetooth, ipod/iphone connectivity/control and AUX in..

The price to change over my Camry was about $650 all up - including a coin try to go in the spare DIN slot.... I'm still playing with the idea

i suppose the cheaper option is to spend $200 on a decent single DIN CD/MP3 player (with aux-in), then maybe another $50 on a dbl-DIN facia plate.... but then you'll lose your steering wheel audio controls (but you get way more flexibility in upgrading the rest of the sound system ie: sub/amp etc)

Has anyone found a cheaper way around it?

Ooops. I forgot to post the link here when the thread was made. I did put it in the FAQ though for future reference, but if anyone comes across this thread in a search, then here is the DIY option:

AUX input mod

I chatted to Alberts Car Stereo - they have a new deck (single din height) that is made by the same company that makes the Toyota Decks.. as such it will take steering wheel controls from existing toyota stereos, plus add bluetooth, ipod/iphone connectivity/control and AUX in..

The price to change over my Camry was about $650 all up - including a coin try to go in the spare DIN slot.... I'm still playing with the idea

Chances are that the unit in discussion is an Eclipse unit. Personally I would advise against a single DIN though, but this is just based on looks. This is what a single DIN with pocket would look like (photo provided by Styles):

05062009p.jpg