Kaze's EP3R~

KaZe-

Hey Guys,

went and got my car dyno'd today and got a respectable 123.9kw atw pretty much stock with a 5zigen exhuast from the cat i think

this is my base dyno sheet im hoping to get more in the near future!! sorry no pics of the dyno sheet my phones kinda gay atm

Cheers Steven

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's crap i got 141kw out of mine from the factory

sic.

whitestivo

lol and i got 158kw from the the factory!

haha..kaze..go do a video of ur car ey :P i want to hear it!! :P

lol my phone is dead atm need a new phone first lol

that's crap i got 141kw out of mine from the factory

sic.

whitestivo

atw ????

wow. must be one of a kind. restecpa. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

must be :rolleyes:

Some of the ppl on this forum have got 230bhp out of the 2zz..then some in the states have got 270bhp from the 2zz

what is the normal person potential, then the real custom potential of this motor. non turbo

also, this car is a two litre right, so it's producing as much litre for litre as the 2zz, i just wonder whether there is more scope in that motor for development

whitestivo

Some of the ppl on this forum have got 230bhp out of the 2zz..then some in the states have got 270bhp from the 2zz

what is the normal person potential, then the real custom potential of this motor. non turbo

also, this car is a two litre right, so it's producing as much litre for litre as the 2zz, i just wonder whether there is more scope in that motor for development

whitestivo

man what the hell are you talking about?

you have fully lost me hard!

whats this producing as much litre for litre as a 2zz? ill eat a lightly modded 2zz anyday and my cars stock

steve...

Edited by KaZe-

Kaze: whitestivo means that hp/L they are about the same. Actually, the 2ZZ is a little behind the Jspec K20A that you have in the EP3, and is on par for peak power/litre with the locally delivered ITS, but the 2ZZ has every so slightly more peak torque/litre than the K20A in the ITS. However, your Jspec K20A would have more power and torque per litre in any case with the figures it pulls.

Peak power isn't the whole story anyhow, since the small cam profile on the 2ZZ isn't as aggressive as the small cam in the K20As. And then you have the whole K20A IS a 2 litre engine in an EP3, a car about the same size that weighs less = Sportivo has no chance...

Phil: I was looking at a chart of highperf motors that covered all the hero 4 cyl motors, and STOCK the 2ZZ was the best for rod ratio, rod length and those fancy things ppl like to think that matter. However the B18C and K20A had more serious engine upgrade potential given the deck height of the block, etc... But this is going way past bolts on performance, and into serious engine customisation.

I dunno why ppl try comparing the 2ZZ to a K20 anyhow, since Honda already have a direct competitor called the B18C... It even makes the same hp (in the local ITR) and torque is about the same too. Once again, the B18C has a more aggressive small cam profile, and is noticeably faster in the Jspec ITR in a much lighter car!

The 2ZZ is a great engine, just reflect on the video I posted of the Spirits MR-S taking on a 330hp S15 with it's stock 190hp. :)

Gav.

i don't think theres too many 2lt NA's that can pull out that kind of power from factory... i'v seen 10-12psi sr20's with an exhaust pull only 125kw atw...

anyways,,

steve,,, i think this car needs to have a visit to winton one day... :P :P ;) ;)

wil

Kaze: whitestivo means that hp/L they are about the same. Actually, the 2ZZ is a little behind the Jspec K20A that you have in the EP3, and is on par for peak power/litre with the locally delivered ITS, but the 2ZZ has every so slightly more peak torque/litre than the K20A in the ITS. However, your Jspec K20A would have more power and torque per litre in any case with the figures it pulls.

Peak power isn't the whole story anyhow, since the small cam profile on the 2ZZ isn't as aggressive as the small cam in the K20As. And then you have the whole K20A IS a 2 litre engine in an EP3, a car about the same size that weighs less = Sportivo has no chance...

Phil: I was looking at a chart of highperf motors that covered all the hero 4 cyl motors, and STOCK the 2ZZ was the best for rod ratio, rod length and those fancy things ppl like to think that matter. However the B18C and K20A had more serious engine upgrade potential given the deck height of the block, etc... But this is going way past bolts on performance, and into serious engine customisation.

I dunno why ppl try comparing the 2ZZ to a K20 anyhow, since Honda already have a direct competitor called the B18C... It even makes the same hp (in the local ITR) and torque is about the same too. Once again, the B18C has a more aggressive small cam profile, and is noticeably faster in the Jspec ITR in a much lighter car!

The 2ZZ is a great engine, just reflect on the video I posted of the Spirits MR-S taking on a 330hp S15 with it's stock 190hp. :)

Gav.

Gav,

yeah i get what your trying to say now thanks mate =] go JDM k20a! =P im gonna post up the rest of the dyno figures

it includes a whole range of hondas em1's, vti-r's, type r's (dc2)jdm and non jdm and dc5's

almost every honda that went on the dyno had basiclly all the bolt on mods and i had next to nothing

Johnny N. - DC2 VTiR - 103.5 Kws

Ronnie F. - Civic EM1 - 104.2 Kws

Steven T. - Civic EP3 - 123.9 Kws

Henry L. - Civic FD1 - 76.2 Kws

Alan F. - Civic FN2R - 120.6 Kws

Bethany H. - CRX - 98.6 Kws (I still think she looks like Lily Allen )

Julius B. - DC2R - 103.5 Kws

Dean E. - DC2R (JDM) - 116.3 Kws

John L. - Integra VTiR - 109.7 Kws

Jeffrey L. - DC2R - 99.6 Kws

Uc N. - DC5R - 124 Kws

CHRIS A. (Organiser) - Civic EM1 Turbo - 129 Kws

Victor B. - VE Clubsport R8 - 190 Kws

David M. - HSV Maloo (Walkinshaw Tuned) - 212.5 Kws

Paul M. - BA XR6 - 133 Kws

Simon - Toyota Supra TT - 197.7 Kws

Jenni P. - 180 SX Type X - 115.4 Kws

Jonathan T - BMW M3 SMG - 166.7 Kws

Jason Z. - Mazda RX8 (semi-automatic) - 90.4 Kws

Amedeo S. - Skyline R33 GTS-T - 148.1Kws

Canh T. - Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR - 163 Kws

Daniel T. - Mtsubishi Evo 7 - 170.9 Kws (Low Boost), 197 Kws (High Boost)

Michael T. - Subaru Impreza RS - 77.3 Kws

Lauren H. - Subaru WRX - 114.6 Kws

Westley N. - Skyline R32 GTR - 168.3 Kws

Sam - Mini Cooper S - 113.2 Kws

Vince F. Mitsuvishi Galant VR-4 - 158.7 Kws

Nick K. - Accord Euro CL9 - 146.8 Kws

Paul K. - VW Golf GT Diesel - 101.6 Kws

Edited by KaZe-

The power output on that list doesn't surprise me. Except a couple of those DC2 VTiRs are pulling really nice figures (stock 125kW crank.

Gav.

yeah im sure the type r's could of got more then the vti-r's but lols there was some pretty funny faces for the type r owners lols

To put it into perspective, the DC2R makes the exact same power as a Sportivo, so to only see 110-115kW ATW is entirely normal and predictable. However I do think the Honda drivetrain has less parasitic loss than our Yotas.

Gav.

So in short, if the 2zz were to be 2L, it would be outputting more KW than the EP3 ???

:huh:

I think if you just added 200cc worth of bore to a 2ZZ, you wouldn't gain that much power. But if it was done properly with new fuel and timing maps on the ECU, there's no reason why it couldn't. :)

So in short, if the 2zz were to be 2L, it would be outputting more KW than the EP3 ???

:huh:

I think if you just added 200cc worth of bore to a 2ZZ, you wouldn't gain that much power. But if it was done properly with new fuel and timing maps on the ECU, there's no reason why it couldn't. :)

So what was whitestivo on about? :huh: