05 stivo rear skirt

hi all i wanna know where else to get a rear skirt for a 05 stivo from other then toyota...

i rang toyota on friday and he could only find one for a 2001 stivo, and my price (cos i deal with them through work) was $430 unpainted. so i said uh NO!

wanting to know if there is someone who makes them outta fibreglass maybe or somethin....

please heellllpppp, it jus doesnt look right

there is a place in sunshine, wright street... its called aero image... they quoted me $220 unpainted...

i recently purchase my rear lip from toyota - footscray. bought it for $370..

i recommend going genuine, saw the fibreglass one at aero image, alot of work to get this thing to fit!

didnt have any brackets or anything! so dont know how well it would fit!

Go to Toyota and ask them for the '03 Rear Skirt for the Corolla, not that hard really.

mate i recommend that you read ones post before you make a post ;)

"hi all i wanna know where else to get a rear skirt for a 05 stivo from other then toyota..."

Steve.

Edited by KaZe-

you can try www.carmate.com.au although they dont have the best rep out there.

i recently purchased a front bar off them and am in the process of fitting it so far its bout 90% lined up, after hearing every one only say bad things about them i was surprised at what i got, in all honesty it was probably one of the better fibreglass parts id seen and ive fitted well over a 100 or more fibreglass kits to cars, they had even taken the time to fill the pin holes and primer it. on the other hand ive seen supposedly big name jap companies atempt at widebody kits/bars/skirts that look and fit like some thing some one made in there back yard. the problem with carmate isent there product its the people that fit and paint there stuff and 80% of the time its due to a stingy owner wanting the cheapest price possible, u get peanuts u get monkeys. imo if u can, get the geniune part cause even a blind monkey could fit it correctlly, on the other hand fibreglass takes more skill and time to fit and in the wrong hands looks like a carcrash.

Edited by spillige

yeah i think its just the people at carmate that give the bad rep, i was always told its an ok place to shop but not to get your car fitted, i remember one time when i went they had locked a customers keys inside the car and had to get him to come back with some spares -_-

well i got my rear lip from carmate, fitted and sprayed and even cut the exhaust area with a friend, it doesn't look like a car wreck well i don't think it does :)

light3.jpg

between my car is a 03 sportivo just with facelift lights

Edited by tiet

also i dont know how low ur car is, but another reason why i choose to go genuine is because with fibreglass if i bottom out the kit will crack if fibreglass, where plastic wont!

for the extra money go genuine! =]

also i dont know how low ur car is, but another reason why i choose to go genuine is because with fibreglass if i bottom out the kit will crack if fibreglass, where plastic wont!

his got a point, lol i just try to be careful when i park the car :)

his got a point, lol i just try to be careful when i park the car :)

i agree, its best to go with genuine, cause you pay for the quality and it won't break as easily as fibreglass, the plastic just flexes

Evo

Edited by Evo7

go geniune :toast: much better

i agree, staying with geniune is the way to go, guarented to fit and is stronger then the fibreglass option :rolleyes:

Hey TRD,

have you got a rear skirt for yours yet?

Evo

Hey TRD,

have you got a rear skirt for yours yet?

yea mate, bought it a couple of weeks ago but the guy i got doing it is on holidays for a month and i dont trust anyone else so another couple of weeks and all should be sweet, then onto some spring options :spiteful: ,

hows urs going btw?

Go to Toyota and ask them for the '03 Rear Skirt for the Corolla, not that hard really.

mate i recommend that you read ones post before you make a post ;)

"hi all i wanna know where else to get a rear skirt for a 05 stivo from other then toyota..."

Steve.

Well where I was going with it was to buy genuine and everyone else is recommending.

Meh

• 2 weeks later...