Heavy duty exedy clutch

Hey guys,

Just wanting to know if the heavy duty exedy clutch is an exclusive Australian model. I have tried to order one here but the guy couldn't find the model. He told me to get a Exedy racing plate and a standard exedy disk instead but I'm still keen on the heavy duty one. The one in USA is called Stage 1 organic clutch kit, so is that the same as the Heavy Duty one?

Help plz.. ><

those disk and pressure plate part numbers are still Exedy Australia part numbers. If you want a better clutch for cheaper, Get the Exedy Japan one.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...sl=ja&tl=en

Part number for the Ultra Fiber (Organic, the one U want) - TK02H

Email Jesse Streeter at dartsun75@gmail.com . I've put tens of thousands through him. He's the cheapest as well as the fastest. It'll probably take a bit over 2 weeks from when you enquire about the part to when it arrives at your doorstep.

Thanks brad. I emailed Jesse but no reply at all. I'm pretty stuck with getting my hands one of these heavy duty clutches so I will have to order the Racing clutch one TYK-7334 SC, racing pressure plate from the sports ceramic kit with standard disk.

Does anyone here have this part installed instead of the ever popular heavy duty one? Is the pedal heavier than stock by a lot?

Thanks

Edited by doublezero

Thanks brad. I emailed Jesse but no reply at all. I'm pretty stuck with getting my hands one of these heavy duty clutches so I will have to order the Racing clutch one TYK-7334 SC, racing pressure plate from the sports ceramic kit with standard disk.

Does anyone here have this part installed instead of the ever popular heavy duty one? Is the pedal heavier than stock by a lot?

Thanks

I can contact him on another forum we're both a member of and see if he got your email? Another +1 for him, I've talked to him a few times now and he seems like a great dude, I know a lot of people who have successfully bought parts from him too.

Thanks

The racing pressure plate is no good for a stock disk because the racing ceramic disk is much thinner than stock for reduced weight so it won't work.

Maybe just get an aussie made heavy duty (TYK-7334 HD). For some cars, you can ask for an "HHD" which has more clamping force. Up to yourself. You should be able to get that from any of the places listed here:

http://www.exedy.com.au/NewZealandDistributors.aspx

TYK-7334 HD I have supplied quite a few of these over the years and can have them in my hands from my supplier overnight. Peddle feel is actually lighter than stock on some cars for some reason LOL.

TYK-7334 HD I have supplied quite a few of these over the years and can have them in my hands from my supplier overnight. Peddle feel is actually lighter than stock on some cars for some reason LOL.

I've heard a lot of them say that. I wonder why ....

Yeh I found that in my S14. Feels wierd to me. That's why I recommend asking if they offer an "HHD" clutch cover option for your application. More power handling and feels more sporty but you can still ride it the same.

The Exedy HD feels much lighter than stock initially, but you get used to it over time, and then it feels normal again. Until you drive Whitestivo's car and realise how heavy the stock clutch is once again. :P

Gav.

• 8 months later...

rather than starting a new thread i thought i may aswell use this thread !

interesting about lighter pedal with a HD clutch!!

just curious the friction point, is it less than stock or roughly the same, my brother knows how to drive manual and has finally gotten used to the stock clutch, will it change with HD?

i remember my mate had a HD exedy in his pulsar, the friction point was very small, slightest movement in the pedal can mean go or stop...

TY in advance !!

you adjust the friction point at the master cylider pushrod adjustment at the top of the clutch pedal up under the dash. Should be exactly the same as the stock clutch, factory spec.

you adjust the friction point at the master cylider pushrod adjustment at the top of the clutch pedal up under the dash. Should be exactly the same as the stock clutch, factory spec.

yeah i know about the friction point ive already adjusted mine ! just after the friction point travel distance differ from stock to HD, i think u answered my question !

TY